Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

LOAN SYSTEM

I'd rather have done without Low and McAuley.

McAuley was perhaps less important as we signed Kenton too but we needed a winger and I don't think there were many floating around for free. I can understand why Kelly brought Low in eventhough it was a risk which hasn't worked amazingly well as of yet. If he'd brought no wingers in, people would've asked why not?

Fecking hell what have people been smoking today??

The only way we might get a loan player in is if we get a full house for villa and get selected for tv. That might get us a player if it hasn't already been earmarked to cover the even lower gates this season.

I don't think Villa are a charitable organisation - they will let him go to someone who is prepared to pay a fair chunk of his wages.

Exactly, they are plenty of clubs intrested who are willing to pay a high % as is the case with most useful players availble for loan. Why would they let him go for free.

Maybe we could raise money for loan players by encouraging more fat people (like myself) to come to matches. Everyone knows fat people enjoy a good pie and a beer...and with the prices as they are the club would soon be rolling in it. :D

McAuley was perhaps less important as we signed Kenton too but we needed a winger and I don't think there were many floating around for free. I can understand why Kelly brought Low in eventhough it was a risk which hasn't worked amazingly well as of yet. If he'd brought no wingers in, people would've asked why not?

Definitely. From a personal viewpoint having seen Low a hell of a lot over the past three years I was completely uninspired by his signing, winger or not. I guess Kelly didn't know Kenton would become available later in the summer when he signed McAuley. Still, the second important position didn't get addressed (left back) while he signed two centre-backs. Oh well, what's done is done. He hasn't helped himself though, no matter how little money he's had.

Maybe we could raise money for loan players by encouraging more fat people (like myself) to come to matches. Everyone knows fat people enjoy a good pie and a beer...and with the prices as they are the club would soon be rolling in it. :D

I don't think the club make any money from food and drinks sales?

I think Kelly admitted that Low was a risky signing as he'd not played at this level before but I prefer seeing Low play at this level for the first time and try his best than Johnson playing in this division and strolling around all game long, passing to the opposition.

Johnson's been the worst out of the four in my opinion although we did need experience but with a bit of quality as well. Looking at what was available at the time, Johnson probably looked like a decent enough signing but he doesn't even look like he's trying which is the biggest crime of all in my book.

I think Kelly admitted that Low was a risky signing as he'd not played at this level before but I prefer seeing Low play at this level for the first time and try his best than Johnson playing in this division and strolling around all game long, passing to the opposition.

Johnson's been the worst out of the four in my opinion although we did need experience but with a bit of quality as well. Looking at what was available at the time, Johnson probably looked like a decent enough signing but he doesn't even look like he's trying which is the biggest crime of all in my book.

The amount they charge they must make a profit.

One pound ****ing seventy for a b*stard bottle of ****ing water!

I made my mind up last week that I'm going to bring myself a packed lunch with my own drinks in future.

Bloomin robbers! :mad:

Agree about Johnson but couldn't include him as I thought he was a good signing at the time. Shows what I know. He has been shockingly disappointing but an experienced holding midfielder was the right idea.

We will be in alot more trouble if we got relegated.

There has to be someone somewhere who can find £50,000 grand to pay the wages of someone who might make a difference.

But we need a spark from somewhere not sure who at the club can give us that.

I was told that they pay some company to come and do the catering on matchdays on their behalf that's why the catering company got a bollocking from the club a few seasons ago for running out of stock before the end of half time? They weren't providing enough food despite us paying them to do just that. Not 100% sure of that though.

One pound ****ing seventy for a b*stard bottle of ****ing water!

I made my mind up last week that I'm going to bring myself a packed lunch with my own drinks in future.

Bloomin robbers! :mad:

I've always done that. When you go to away games especially and you're paying for your match ticket and bus ticket I refuse to spend any more money on food and drinks from inside the ground.

is it not an external company that profits and city get paid for allowing them to fleece us...the beer tastes like wee anyway

I recall the FT saying this was the case. So there is no incremental revenue to be made here. On the plus side, we presumably don't make any less when the attendences drop off as they have done.

McAuley is a longer term replacement for the Premiership bound Nissa.

Kenton was brought in because he's more useful than say Gerrbrand - he can play across the back four.

That's my take on things.

McAuley is a longer term replacement for the Premiership bound Nissa.

Kenton was brought in because he's more useful than say Gerrbrand - he can play across the back four.

That's my take on things.

Johansson has been playing at left back for a while now. McAuley is not a left back. If we were buying a replacement for Johansson we should have brought in a left back not a centre back although how many left backs were available for nothing and of an acceptable ability during the summer, I don't know.

Gerrbrand could play full back as well as centre back too but I prefer Kenton. That's not even an argument for me. Kenton was a good signing to make because he's strengthened our first team imo. I think McAuley looks solid enough but with Kisnorbo and McCarthy ahead of him I feel we should have looked at improving other areas ahead of that. Afterall, Kenton, Stearman, Maybury, Johansson and Sheehan (a little) can play in various positions along the back four so the need for another centre back was not so great.

When Nissa leaves, we'll have McCarthy, McAuley, Kisnorbo as our main CBs - Kenton being used mostly to fill in the fullback positions, and Maybury/Stearman/Sheehan as RB/RB/LB.

Effectively we'd have 3 CB's plus a couple of others that could play there if needed - but it's clear Kenton is seen as more useful in fullback positions rather than replacing someone at the centre.

Even if you include Kenton as a CB primarily, we'd have 4 CB's - McAuley was signed as a CB while he was free to cover the loss of a part-time CB/LB later... I'm going to assume that Sheehan will get his chance at some point.

It's all fuzzy logic, but that's the best kind. :ph34r:

The size of our squad dictates that we need players who can play a variety of positions though. McAuley, you would think, will only get a chance when McCarthy or Kisnorbo are injured/suspended which granted is quite often.

You can afford to have players like that as long as they can also play at full back if injuries/suspensions arrive in those positions too but a back-up player for a position which is arguably our strongest as it is and one that can be filled by Johansson, Kenton and Stearman (possibly) is a bit of an unnecessary luxury for me. Having said that, I like McAuley and think he can adapt to this division if given games.

Archived