Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stez

roughest pub

when i was a kidda the hard lads went to the durham ox (dunno which one! :blush: ) and the bakers arms (now called the corner house or summat) in syston......

i'm sure they were/are small potatoes to some in town n that

Twenty years ago The Long Stop in Churchgate was full of idiots!

OK if you wanted some knock off gear though :ph34r:

Not sure what you mean by "rough" but there's one right in the centre of Syston, don't know the name, but at the crossroad near the Turkish restaurant on the Leicester side of the roundabout. Called in there once to see if the football was on and it was about as welcoming as a dose of malaria.

Not sure what you mean by "rough" but there's one right in the centre of Syston, don't know the name, but at the crossroad near the Turkish restaurant on the Leicester side of the roundabout. Called in there once to see if the football was on and it was about as welcoming as a dose of malaria.

thats the bakers arms mate as previously said in the thread. luckily its closed down now and been converted into a posh (empty) wine bar. dont know where all the drinkers from the bakers have escaped to though.

Our County Cup 1/4 final last year was played against good neighbours fc. A few of the Fosse boys went there after the game. They didnt stay for long...

I was going to mention that Rob, it was quite intimidating wasn't it. Good old Craig and his public relations exercises.

Been in there loads of times, its ok, The Two Triangles is probably worse.

Any of the pubs (past or present) in Humberstone Gate are generally pretty grim.

Apart from the Walkabout, which has now reopened on Granby Street! :rolleyes:

thats the bakers arms mate as previously said in the thread. luckily its closed down now and been converted into a posh (empty) wine bar. dont know where all the drinkers from the bakers have escaped to though.

I wouldn't have known the name so apologies for that- but it does confirm what a shithouse it was.

Any of the pubs (past or present) in Humberstone Gate are generally pretty grim.

Apart from the Walkabout, which has now reopened on Granby Street! :rolleyes:

i've often walked past, i think its the three cranes, and thought 'if only i had the bottle to go in there!'

Dunno about rough pubs but after an assessment day at Leics Police, a fellow applicant and myself agreed we would grab a quick pint on the way home.

I forget the pub, but he went off to the loo while I got the pints in.

As I ordered my pint, the bloke next to me whispered "I'll get that for you mate"....

I then noticed a distinct shortage of the fairer sex in the bar.

My fellow applicant joined me at the bar, I told him that we weren't staying and explained why. He agreed, saying "I agree mate - a guy in the loo just propositioned me!!"

We made good our excuses and left....

Dunno about rough pubs but after an assessment day at Leics Police, a fellow applicant and myself agreed we would grab a quick pint on the way home.

I forget the pub, but he went off to the loo while I got the pints in.

As I ordered my pint, the bloke next to me whispered "I'll get that for you mate"....

I then noticed a distinct shortage of the fairer sex in the bar.

My fellow applicant joined me at the bar, I told him that we weren't staying and explained why. He agreed, saying "I agree mate - a guy in the loo just propositioned me!!"

We made good our excuses and left....

pineapple? kubec? these, i have heard, are not straight mens pubs/bars

Has the (name to be edited in later I forgot it the one near Duncan Road) on Saffron Lane) been mentioned yet. Went in there before work on Sunday. I was due on a factory site nearby and was waiting for keys. Anyway the pub was full of men and women drinking pints of lager. Kids were in there too (wouldn't surprise me if their bottles had lager in) I was about ready to come out when this bloke went across to another sitting nearby and whacked him in the mouth. He went flying and if the other bloke hadn't been held back he'd have had a beating. Anyway the one who started it was being held back by I think was a barman. He was saying something like 'Don evver do dat agin you horrid little man' He eventually left (not thrown out so must have been a regular) and there were still others wanting to go after him. I wanted to get out but the door was blocked. I had just pinned on my ID badge and put My SIA one around my neck. When it kicked off I hid it under my jumper. What made me smile was one bloke talking to his young son. 'Good aint it, doya wanna be a boxer eh son good punch wern it?'

The one on saffron lane is called the Midland hotel, the landlord got done for owning 2 guns.

The avesbury in south wigson is another I wouldn't go in.

Bin in the Boulturners arms on Humberstone gate and that is rough as, won't go there again!!

Not been in but the hunstman is suposed to be pretty bad.

The one on saffron lane is called the Midland hotel, the landlord got done for owning 2 guns.

The avesbury in south wigson is another I wouldn't go in.

Bin in the Boulturners arms on Humberstone gate and that is rough as, won't go there again!!

Not been in but the hunstman is suposed to be pretty bad.

The one narborough road used to be bad, I still don't go in there but some of my mates that do that 'crawl' says it's better then before!!!

The two triangles is harmless....

Wouldnt like to go in the advernturers myself off Anstey Lane

i dont use the place even thought its just down the road but i dont belive its ever so bad in there

Archived