Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wils

Sams Town

I am on the second listen right now. Will probably be a grower but not as instant as Hot Fuss. Possibly a little bit more derivative, they have been listening to U2 and Springsteen that's for sure. One for the car, windows down, roaring along the A46 (at 10mph).

I like it :ph34r:

To be fair Hot Fuss is such an amazing album (Mr Brightside possibly being one of the best songs ever made) it would be a lot to expect much better in my opinion anyway. I'd agree it's not AS good, but still some great tracks

I like it :ph34r:

To be fair Hot Fuss is such an amazing album (Mr Brightside possibly being one of the best songs ever made) it would be a lot to expect much better in my opinion anyway. I'd agree it's not AS good, but still some great tracks

Yeah right! :blink:

Heard it, and thought the album was poor plus the lead singer looks like a right fabricated popstar (nice goatee!!)

Yeah right! :blink:

Heard it, and thought the album was poor plus the lead singer looks like a right fabricated popstar (nice goatee!!)

pffft <_<

For reasons unknown is sticking out as my favourite at the minute...Sam's town, when you were young and read my mind are up there as well though.

I think the problem with this album is the whole enterlude and exitlude makes it almost story based or with a continued theme. The problem with that is you get two or three songs that are made purely for the theme and don't actually sound very good. I'd much have prefered a couple of songs that have nothing to do with any of the others but sound better.

Is it growing on anyone who at first thought nothing of it yet?

pffft <_<

For reasons unknown is sticking out as my favourite at the minute...Sam's town, when you were young and read my mind are up there as well though.

I think the problem with this album is the whole enterlude and exitlude makes it almost story based or with a continued theme. The problem with that is you get two or three songs that are made purely for the theme and don't actually sound very good. I'd much have prefered a couple of songs that have nothing to do with any of the others but sound better.

Is it growing on anyone who at first thought nothing of it yet?

Ive listen'd to most the tracks a few times tonight and i can say it has started to grow on me.

I did say i was disapointed with it but the more i listen to it the more i like it.

I've been listening to it all week, still can't get into it. Uncle Jonny and When You Were Young are the 2 best songs on the album, nowhere near as good as Hot Fuss.

Got The Fratellis and Keane's latest arriving over the weekend. :thumbup:

very good album

Hot Fuss was only a half good album. There is some shocking songwriting on that album... and don't shoot me down, I do like The Killers.

Haven't heard the new album. Think I may have heard a new song whilst out at a club last weekend, but not sure really!.. It sounded like Brandon.. with his silly facial hair!

• 1 month later...

Hot Fuss was only a half good album. There is some shocking songwriting on that album

you are right, half of it is good to listen to but it does irritate me at times that the words are picked randomly and rarely make any fecking sense. "i got soul but i'm not a soldier" being the thing that gets me most angry in life

Archived