Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

New Striker - Who are we going to get in?

It may seem impossible, but Freddy Eastwood. :whistle:

unless Milan comes in soon and we fancy him for our christmas list it is impossible especially when you consider Derby offered £1million for him which was rejected. Doubt southend would let him go for even double that.

John Stead enters the race at the last minute - link

Dunno where they get that from though, so take it with the usual FootballRumours.co.uk-size pinch of salt.

Please no! He's rubbish! I'd would much rather see COG, Odihambo or even Chambers on the pitch before him.

Goals are goals and Dodds couldn't score em at any higher level cos he's not picked same as Logan couldn't have saved em at any higher level until recently. Like I say, Dodds scores at a proper striker's rate and PG scores a goal every 3.5/4 games which is nothing special for a striker.

Have you seen Gallacher's scoring rate at youth and reserve level? Gallacher might well have scored 40 a season for the youth and reserve teams.

I agree Dodds should be given a chance at some point, but strikers who come through the ranks at premiership teams don't get a chance unless they've been the best of their age group at academy level. To be the best means you've got to be pretty good, because premiership teams have good academy teams and Blackburn 3 or 4 seasons ago had one of the best. Gallacher probably scored hat fuls just like Dodds has done, possibly at a better level aswell.

For a short term loan i'd rather have Gallacher than Doddsa purely because he's got a decent scoring record at this level. Dodds is un-proven and we need to get some points on the board quickly because we have some tough games over the next month or so.

Have you seen Gallacher's scoring rate at youth and reserve level? Gallacher might well have scored 40 a season for the youth and reserve teams.

I agree Dodds should be given a chance at some point, but strikers who come through the ranks at premiership teams don't get a chance unless they've been the best of their age group at academy level. To be the best means you've got to be pretty good, because premiership teams have good academy teams and Blackburn 3 or 4 seasons ago had one of the best. Gallacher probably scored hat fuls just like Dodds has done, possibly at a better level aswell.

For a short term loan i'd rather have Gallacher than Doddsa purely because he's got a decent scoring record at this level. Dodds is un-proven and we need to get some points on the board quickly because we have some tough games over the next month or so.

As usual, of course, it would have been nice to have found out about Dodds by now.

However, a goal every 3.5 games or 12 a season from Gallagher isn't going to be enough. It will help of course if Gallagher somehow, miraculously, discovers a service that doesn't exist.

But if you really want goals, Kelly will have to get rid of the dead wood and fill the spaces with robust new shoots - whether he wants to or not.

Archived