Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in a Box

Leeds Match Thread

You both must be joking, Elvis has no chance. He's Ghana's answer to Graham Norton.

:laugh: No chance. Elvis is an out-and-out, smash-mouth, aggressive gangster-type, and he'd definitely win :cool:

COME ON THE BLUE BOYS TONIGHT :clap::chant:

Tiatto in the middle and start Welsh.

Porter dropped from the 16, no suprise. :thumbdown:

Why is it no surprise. Add the player ratings up for his matches played - and the points collected, and tell me why it's no surprise?. Unless there's something I don't know it's exactly the sort of nonsense which shattered Sheehan's self belief.

Hmm, think Williams won't be as good as on Saturday now with the lightweight blonde bamby alongside him.

Because on Saturday he had Andy "braveheart" Johnson alongside him?! If Williams is shit tonight it won't be because he's got Hughes alongside him, it'll be because he has gone back to his old self. A lazy, drifter who puts in a 20 minute shift and then sits back and watches the game go by. He can't use Hughes as an excuse because Johnson was nothing more than average on Saturday either.

Because on Saturday he had Andy "braveheart" Johnson alongside him?! If Williams is shit tonight it won't be because he's got Hughes alongside him, it'll be because he has gone back to his old self. A lazy, drifter who puts in a 20 minute shift and then sits back and watches the game go by. He can't use Hughes as an excuse because Johnson was nothing more than average on Saturday either.

Nah that's bollocks.

I agree Johnson hasn't been great but he won't be outfought and will put a tackle in.

Hughes offers nothing and Williams has struggled in the past with a weak midfield partner.

If Williams is sh!t tonight, then he better not be given another contract, 'cos that lack of consistency could end up costing us dearly, and it'll just prove what Forest fans have told me and I have noticed meself - 1 good performance followed by a load of rubbish :angry:

You may be right but I think Williams might well suffer from a second hard game so soon after a long lay off.

I shall be very interested to see how our fitness levels stand up tonight. In my view we'll badly miss Porter's tracking back and ability to hold the ball.

Nah that's bollocks.

I agree Johnson hasn't been great but he won't be outfought and will put a tackle in.

Hughes offers nothing and Williams has struggled in the past with a weak midfield partner.

I've seen Johnson put about two tackles in since he joined us and one of those was on Tiatto on Saturday.

I agree that Hughes offers us very little but that shouldn't effect what Williams does when he gets the ball at his feet. If he gives the ball to Hughes and Hughes loses it then that's not Williams' fault. If Williams doesn't get in peoples' faces like on Saturday then that's his fault. Having Makelele behind him wouldn't change that. It's down to him how much effort he puts in and that was all he did differently on Saturday compared to any other week.

My prediction: 3-1 to Leeds. 2-1 at best. And a victory will condemn us to more of the same dogged approach. Radio commentator says that's an attacking line-up. Two potential scorers unless there's a shock, four and a half attackers, seven defenders. Who the hell do people think they're kidding. That's not attacking by my definition.

With that team one of two things is going to happen either Tiatto is going to play very, very narrow almost as an extra midfielder, nothing new there then :P or Hume is going to spend most of the game playing deepish behind Hammond.

Still think we can get something from this. A few weak links in the side and not great options on the bench but Leeds are shocking at the moment.

A lot depends on Williams and Hughes - they're both capable but you never know which version of them is going to turn up. Would rather see Weso and Porter but we should still be god enough.

2-0 to us.

Archived