Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in a Box

Leeds Match Thread

I see no reason whatsoever why we shouldn't win.

With our defence decimated perhaps Kelly will forced to play in a more adventurous manner than he's ever dreamed of for an away game and perhaps his team can surprise him.

But make no mistake we'll have to compete for the right to play football.

They'll be smarting from a verbal lashing and will want to make amends. Speed on the break will be vital.

And ruthlessness in our finishing.

I've every confidence though. Nothing about Leeds is especially frightening these days. I remember the team of Bremner, Giles, Hunter, Gray, Peter Lorimer, Gary Sprake and company. Now that was frightening. Teams could wait five minutes to get the ball when they lost it.

Nowadays they are among the also rans the same as we are. They'll only be any good if we let em.

I think it will be a battle, but we shouldn't be afraid. If anything we should go there and tear it up in the first 20 minutes and see what happens. Really get stuck in and give them no room to move.

I'm hoping that Tiatto, Johansson and Johnson are all injured and we can see a return for Wesolowski, Porter and Stearman. Those 3 are fearless, something you need at Elland Road.

I think it will be a battle, but we shouldn't be afraid. If anything we should go there and tear it up in the first 20 minutes and see what happens. Really get stuck in and give them no room to move.

I'm hoping that Tiatto, Johansson and Johnson are all injured and we can see a return for Wesolowski, Porter and Stearman. Those 3 are fearless, something you need at Elland Road.

Tiatto would kick Porter's arse in a fight. In fact I'm fairly sure Nils would take Stearman too. But this is a whole other thread........................ :unsure:

Got a Feeling we'll win it tonight.

Fancy us going on a bit of a Run.

Think that some of the results we've had have been harsh....

Keep it solid at the bag and we'll take all three points tonight......

0 - 1 ....... Williams to Score Direct from a free Kick.

Always Rejoice.

I see no reason whatsoever why we shouldn't win.

With our defence decimated perhaps Kelly will forced to play in a more adventurous manner than he's ever dreamed of for an away game and perhaps his team can surprise him.

But make no mistake we'll have to compete for the right to play football.

They'll be smarting from a verbal lashing and will want to make amends. Speed on the break will be vital.

And ruthlessness in our finishing.

I've every confidence though. Nothing about Leeds is especially frightening these days. I remember the team of Bremner, Giles, Hunter, Gray, Peter Lorimer, Gary Sprake and company. Now that was frightening. Teams could wait five minutes to get the ball when they lost it.

Nowadays they are among the also rans the same as we are. They'll only be any good if we let em.

A sound summary. Hendrie or no Hendrie Stoke are not as good as us.... get at them straight away, they are still realing from Saturday.

A sound summary. Hendrie or no Hendrie Stoke are not as good as us.... get at them straight away, they are still realing from Saturday.

You reckon Manwell, we haven't really set the world alight recently and our away form\performances have been exceptionally toothless!! Stoke on the other hand have had a new addition to the team (Hendrie) which has perked up the team and added some much needed quality, I can't see Welsh having the same effect.

An early goal for us will kill leeds, the longer it goes on without a goal the more Leeds gain in mental strength!!!

I remember the team of Bremner, Giles, Hunter, Gray, Peter Lorimer, Gary Sprake and company. Now that was frightening. Teams could wait five minutes to get the ball when they lost it.

Too right Thracian. Were you at Filbert Street in October '73 when Leeds were top and unbeaten? We went 2-0 up after goals by Wortho and The Birch. Just had a look at 'The Essential History of Leicester City' - there were 36,978 in the old ground that day and I was in the Kop stood on my stool only to see Leeds scrape a 2-2 draw. I remember one of their goals was a free-kick on the edge of the box which they took quickly whist we were still setting up our wall. I think it was Bremner who scored it. According to the blokes around me in the Kop, Bremner was born out of wedlock!

Leeds were some team in those days and drew large crowds wherever they played - Sprakes, Reaney, Cooper, Bremner, Charlton, Hunter, Lorimer, Clarke, Jones, Giles and Gray. Crikey I didn't even need to look-up that line-up. It just rolls off the tongue. They really were BIG in the early/mid seventies. Not any more though. I fancy us to nick a win tonight.

Come on CITY!!!!

You reckon Manwell, we haven't really set the world alight recently and our away form\performances have been exceptionally toothless!! Stoke on the other hand have had a new addition to the team (Hendrie) which has perked up the team and added some much needed quality, I can't see Welsh having the same effect.

An early goal for us will kill leeds, the longer it goes on without a goal the more Leeds gain in mental strength!!!

4-0 though. Stoke are still one of the poorer sides in this league IMO and Leeds took a 4-0 home stuffing off them. We've just beat Southampton, one of the better teams in the division.

I'm quietly confident for once.

4-0 though. Stoke are still one of the poorer sides in this league IMO and Leeds took a 4-0 home stuffing off them. We've just beat Southampton, one of the better teams in the division.

I'm quietly confident for once.

I'm virtually 'silently' confident, every time we have a high it usually follows a low, I TBH, will be happy with just a 1-0 win to city!!!

Tiatto would kick Porter's arse in a fight. In fact I'm fairly sure Nils would take Stearman too. But this is a whole other thread........................ :unsure:

Ummmm. I gained an interesting insight into the conseqences of bigger, older folk trying to bully smaller, weaker looking people this last week or so.

And an old squash playing friend who taught aspiring SAS candidates explained the sort of people they looked for...

Guys who don't stand out in a crowd. Innocuous looking people who just blend in. Something I always mentioned to my sons was never to start trouble with anyone because you never know how wrong you might be.

Ummmm. I gained an interesting insight into the conseqences of bigger, older folk trying to bully smaller, weaker looking people this last week or so.

And an old squash playing friend who taught aspiring SAS candidates explained the sort of people they looked for...

Guys who don't stand out in a crowd. Innocuous looking people who just blend in. Something I always mentioned to my sons was never to start trouble with anyone because you never know how wrong you might be.

That said, Tiatto would kick Porters arse in a fight.

That said, Tiatto would kick Porters arse in a fight.

Impossible to tell, for sure, and it depends on the kind of fight, but my guess that Tiatto would have to win quick. The longer it went on the more Levi's speed and stamina would come into it. Couldn't see Stearman whooping Nils though.

Anyway, hopefully, they'll all remain pals.

Such a selfless person, always giving others a chance to impress. Witness;

WPI Technologist Humanist Awards 2004

Worcester Polytechnic Institute presented its second annual Technological Humanist Awards to seven outstanding Massachusetts high school teachers during a dinner and awards ceremony in the Campus Center Odeum on May 6, 2003. Seventy nominations were received from 46 Massachusetts high schools.

The three Honorable Mention Award recipients each received $500.

Timothy Ball is an Integrated Math 2 & Integrated Math 3 teacher at Westfield Vocational Technical High School. He was nominated by Levi Porter.

Impossible to tell, for sure, and it depends on the kind of fight, but my guess that Tiatto would have to win quick. The longer it went on the more Levi's speed and stamina would come into it. Couldn't see Stearman whooping Nils though.

Anyway, hopefully, they'll all remain pals.

A cock fight

I think Tiatto has the biggest, hardest cock.

:blink:

By the way Thracian, I had to have that comment for my signature. I just love the image of them being trained like dogs and Porter nimbly keeping Tiatto moving as if he was some slow heavyweight, then becoming more confident as the fight wore on. You made it sound like a Rocky film, which is of course a brilliant image. And then them all being pals anyway like in a Rupert the Bear book. It's an endearing and enduring image and one I hope to bring to the masses through my signature. :D

:blink:

By the way Thracian, I had to have that comment for my signature. I just love the image of them being trained like dogs and Porter nimbly keeping Tiatto moving as if he was some slow heavyweight, then becoming more confident as the fight wore on. You made it sound like a Rocky film, which is of course a brilliant image. And then them all being pals anyway like in a Rupert the Bear book. It's an endearing and enduring image and one I hope to bring to the masses through my signature. :D

You're more than welcome to quote the comment. Perhaps such gladiatorial contests would be a better way of filling our stadium! :whistle::D

Archived