Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in a Box

Leeds Match Thread

Was there that game myself, with a friend, brother,and dad, who were Leeds fans.

They felt Leeds were invinsible, so imagine their shock when the Foxes went two goals up.

Absolutely fantastic!.....Those are days you never forget. :D

I was there too, couldn't believe the ref let Bremner's 'goal' stand...and do you remember Birch's goal, the claw! Weren't they unbeaten up to then and about to set a record. Always disliked em, fans are so arrogant, 'we are Leeds'...no try 'we are crap'.

Was there that game myself, with a friend, brother,and dad, who were Leeds fans.

They felt Leeds were invinsible, so imagine their shock when the Foxes went two goals up.

Absolutely fantastic!.....Those are days you never forget. :D

I saw that side several times - Allen Clarke played for City and I'd been wracking my mind for Mick Jones' name - and I'd say they were among the top 10 sides I ever watched.

They were notoriously vigorous defensively but their ability to retain possession and clinically take teams apart and finish with a flourish was breathtaking.

Fearless attacking full-backs, good passers throughout, clever creator in Giles and ruthless finishers. Simple recipe really. :thumbup::thumbup:

I was there too, couldn't believe the ref let Bremner's 'goal' stand...and do you remember Birch's goal, the claw! Weren't they unbeaten up to then and about to set a record. Always disliked em, fans are so arrogant, 'we are Leeds'...no try 'we are crap'.

I think they went on a run of 39 games unbeaten. Their goaly Harvey said that out of all the games they played during that run, the game at Filbert street was the hardest of the lot.

Same sscoreline again for me 2-2

And what's up with Porter and Wesolowski??

How fit are our subs going to be? O'Grady is the only outfield player on that bench who can be match fit surely?

I love worrying. :(

EDIT: Didn't realise Weso got injured in training yesterday? Not serious is it? Still would never play Hughes and Williams together. Flimsy.

What the hell has Hughes done to deserve a start? Or Sylla to deserve a place on the bench over Gradel?

He's got it wrong again.

Although i'm as suprised as anyone else, surely you should wait to see how the game actually goes before saying he has got it wrong??

It's a good job we're not play a Leeds team from the 70's, light weight is an understatement. Let's hope they can show some real football ability, passing to feet etc.

And what's up with Porter and Wesolowski??

How fit are our subs going to be? O'Grady is the only outfield player on that bench who can be match fit surely?

I love worrying. :(

EDIT: Didn't realise Weso got injured in training yesterday? Not serious is it? Still would never play Hughes and Williams together. Flimsy.

Can you do the worrying for me too :(

Although i'm as suprised as anyone else, surely you should wait to see how the game actually goes before saying he has got it wrong??

I'm most unhappy about the selection of subs so not really, whatever happens it's a game we should be winning anyway with Leeds all out of sorts. From what I can see he's done his best to make it hard for ourselves tonight.

It's a good job we're not play a Leeds team from the 70's, light weight is an understatement. Let's hope they can show some real football ability, passing to feet etc.

Let's just hope that the passing to feet is to blue shirts but must say I'm worried with Leeds likely to be biting into every tackle !

I don't need to see another Sylla performance. He can play great. That's no excuse for the previous 25 matches. Chosen Men. He's even picked people who I seriously doubt are fit.

Ironic that Porter's out a few days after an interview when he said he felt he'd taken his chance. If I were him I'd not bother with any more interviews.

Archived