Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

Danny knows the score

From Danny Tiatto on the OS:

No-one was more pleased about Danny Tiatto scoring and having a reasonable game yesterday because when he does his job properly he's one of the older players who do seem able to pass and move forward and therefore who can fit in with such an overall system.

And it sounds like he's as keen to see the best out of them as anyone remarking:

"I always want to be involved but at the same time, the young lads are the future of this football club and that's how a lot of clubs progress and get better.

"If they are doing well and keep the experienced guys out on merit then I'd never have a problem with that.

"I am quite happy to play any part that I can and pass on my experience where necessary."

With that attitude and his commitment on the pitch - which has never been questioned - you can see why Kelly feels comfortable having him around.

I hope he stays injury free and keeps doing himself justice. It was interesting that he did so well in midfield because we've still got problems to solve in there.

I'm usually Tiatto's biggest critic but i fair dues to him, he had a blinder last night in centre mid.

I'd sooner see him there than Hughes or Johnson. One thing you're guaranteed is effort and he can probably gee people up a bit in there.

TBH when he's on the wing he spends half his time in the centre anyway, so why not put him there and put a proper winger on!!!

Hmmm... Tiatto and Weso - Awesome Aussie Duo??? :)

didnt they do quite well against Hereford together? Personally, I think D. Tiatto fancies himself in centre mid,with him moving in from the left all the time.

From Danny Tiatto on the OS:

No-one was more pleased about Danny Tiatto scoring and having a reasonable game yesterday because when he does his job properly he's one of the older players who do seem able to pass and move forward and therefore who can fit in with such an overall system.

And it sounds like he's as keen to see the best out of them as anyone remarking:

"I always want to be involved but at the same time, the young lads are the future of this football club and that's how a lot of clubs progress and get better.

"If they are doing well and keep the experienced guys out on merit then I'd never have a problem with that.

"I am quite happy to play any part that I can and pass on my experience where necessary."

With that attitude and his commitment on the pitch - which has never been questioned - you can see why Kelly feels comfortable having him around.

I hope he stays injury free and keeps doing himself justice. It was interesting that he did so well in midfield because we've still got problems to solve in there.

I listened to his World interview, and he comes across as quite a genuine chap. Interesting really because I had him down for money grabbing mercenary in his final years.

Fair play to him, he sounds as if he's ready to accept someone younger taking his place if he doesn't keep playing well - I don't think he's the kinda guy that would lie down and take it, he might just work hard to get back into the squad. At least that's how I'm reading it.

He earns a few brownie points for that. ;)

All sounds good and maybe, just maybe he coule be the answer to the centre midfield problems. At least the effort can't be in question and the attitude seems there too. A few more performances like last night and he'd have all the fans well and truly back on side.

I think it is his best position because of the effort and commitment he shows. I would definately choose him over Johnson/Hughes anyday. Still got to get by Weso in my opinion.

I think most would agree with that.

Weso is the long term answer, but his compatriot is a good interim solution.

Certainly a vast improvement on Stephen 'the shunter' Hughes and Andy 'here for the money' Johnson. :ph34r:

Is it ok to like Tiatto(or as others call him twatto)now then?i was getting slated for sticking up for him at the start of the season before he'd even kicked a ball,funny how quickly we can change our tune.

He's had a good game. He's played in 3 of our wins this season. Attitudes have softened on him a little - credit where credit's due, he's playing a bit of a part in our form recently.

He could very quickly sink back into his position as object of derision amongst fans - a silly red card offence or a very woeful performance might cost him his status as a born-again footballer. :ph34r:

Is it ok to like Tiatto(or as others call him twatto)now then?i was getting slated for sticking up for him at the start of the season before he'd even kicked a ball,funny how quickly we can change our tune.

He'll be public enemy number 1 again soon, don't worry.

He'll be public enemy number 1 again soon, don't worry.

Not if he plays well. Tiatto's always been a frustrating player because he does have ability but tends to let himself down by doing something stupid or by constantly getting injured.

But on form and in thinking mode (if he has one) then his influence and attitude among the young players might be no bad thing. Trouble is if it pushes Porter or Weso out instead of one of our perpetual joyriders that'll be ridiculous.

I don't think auitudes have softened, apart from Thracian, they are just waiting...

We have been less of a team without him this season.

I don't feel guilty for slagging him off in the summer and all of last season, in which he was absolutely atrocious.

I thought he was one of our better players at Luton first day of the season but poor again at home to Southend before he went off at half-time. Will be interesting to see if his goal and improved performances have reinvigorated him enough to reflect a consistently acceptable temperament. No-one ever faults him for effort but as for positional awareness...

Well I thought he was his usual self against Southampton, poor, I didn't see the Leeds game so I can't comment on that, but if he was good, whatever that means in this case, then one game still doesn't do it for me.

My opinion is not a dislike of him as an individual so good luck to the guy I'm sure he is!

dannyMcD1.jpg

I don't feel guilty for slagging him off in the summer and all of last season, in which he was absolutely atrocious.

I thought he was one of our better players at Luton first day of the season but poor again at home to Southend before he went off at half-time. Will be interesting to see if his goal and improved performances have reinvigorated him enough to reflect a consistently acceptable temperament. No-one ever faults him for effort but as for positional awareness...

Nor should you feel guilty. He's never been a victim of unfair criticism because he's been naff by and large for 12 months, or injured.

My main point with Danny was that his body isn't likely to take the strain so well at 33, as it is already showing, and I really believe our future lies with the youth players we've got.

But, if he proves me wrong regarding his durability and his ability to deliver consistently on the pitch, he's quite versatile and three or four others who I'd much rather replace first.

So it's up to Danny really.

Tiatto+Weso should be tried sometime soon.

Tiatto + Weso is probably the closest we currently have to Lennon + Izzzet. I always feel like we need a hard man in the middle to stop the ball. I dont care if he gets booked - The issue in the games in which we've been poor is that the midfield has no substance to it. On his better days Danny does bring that quality to the team. I'd welcome him in central midfield alongside a creative player such as weso.

Archived