Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

Player ratings v Palace

Logan 7 (A couple of vital saves including one which prevented almost certain defeat. His kicking was shabbily inaccurate and too often pointlessly aimed at Low who wasn't winning any headers).

Stearman 6 (Continued to show the energy to get forward throughout the game but never at his peak).

McAuley 6.5 (Mostly tidy and competent)

Kisnorbo 7 (Rocklike as usual but never over stretched)

Nils 7 (His best game in the shirt this season)

Low 5 (Had plenty of the ball but did so little with it. We badly need someone who can attack the box and shoot).

Hughes 6.5 (Well involved. Some good passes to the flanks. Too slow with his shooting.)

Tiatto 7.75 (Took lots of responsibility and fed the ball left, right and centre. His best game so far. Jt MoM).

Welsh 6 (Like Low was well supplied but managed little end product. Not a patch on Porter)

Hammond 7.75 (Won the equaliser. Some brilliant moves. Worked so hard. Lots of shots too but should have had a goal. Jt MoM).

Hume 7.5 (Sixth goal of the season and again linked well with Hammond considering far too many passes from the flanks were aerial ones).

Sub: Sylla 5 (Little flashes, but generally disappointing once more).

Kelly 6 (Got a competent performance out of a supposedly understrength team but failed to show the imagination needed to prise out a victory).

Logan - 6 - Excellent save at the end, otherwise little to do. No blame for the goal. Kicking a bit wayward though.

Stearman - 7 - Some good touches and at least tried to drive the play forward.

McAuley - 7 - Safe and solid.

Kisnorbo - 7 - Played well on his return, but should have got his head to the ball that lead to the goal.

Johansson - 7 - A good performance from Nissa and made a number of telling passes.

Low - 4 - Poor performance and needs to improve fast. Never gets his head to the ball first in the air, which is shocking given his height.

Hughes - 0 - A waste of space. Why was he even on the pitch? Utterly anonymous. Contributed nothing in my book.

Tiatto - 7 - Worked hard and manged to stay out of trouble for a change. Linked the play well.

Welsh - 6 - Showed much promise early on but faded badly in the second half. Will improve with match fitness.

Hume - 8 - Another storming performance. Unlucky not to score more.

Hammond - 8 - MOTM for me. Worked his socks off again and made things happen. Must learn to release the ball earlier though.

Subs:

Sylla - 0 - Shouldn't even be at the club let alone on the pitch. Caused more disruption in our own team than theirs. What was Kelly thinking of for heaven's sake??

Kelly - 4 - Failed to make the decisive changes needed. What change he did make can only be described as some kind of mental block given who he had on the bench.

Officials - 8 - Good performances all round.

Logan- 7 A couple of good stops, but must communicate more with his defenders- like 'PUSH UP!'; I am convinced he was partly to blame for the goal.

Stearman- 6 Fine going forwards, had a bit of a mare at the back

Kisnorbo- 7 Solid as ever

McAuley- 5 Looked like the weak-link twice made judgement errors only to be saved once by Logan and once by Nisse. Wayward passing.

Nisse- 7.5 Best game I've seen him play. Solid, and passing much better.

Low- 2 Shocking, looked well out of his depth. Can't run, pass, take players on, or head (how many times did Logan kick him the ball? Must have been at least 10- I think he won 1 of them!)

Tiatto- 8 Excellent. Bossed the midfield. Gave 100% for the cause, harried and passed well.

Hughes- 6 In and out of the game, but still not the attacking threat he should be.

Welsh- 6.5 Decent. Beat his man a few times but also gave the ball away a bit.

Hume- 8 Another fantasic effort. Worked hard. Headed better than most of the rest of the team. Took a brilliant peno. Unlucky with a few offside decision. Just wish he'd shave off the beard- it makes him look like a gnome!

Hammond- 7 Gave his all but was a bit Jekyll and Hyde at times- could be excellent and then awful- in the same move! Really needs a goal. Was given offside when clean through.

Subs: Sylla- 5.5 A few nice touches and passes but his lack of running annoyed me. As did his decision to keep coming out of the box and trying to interefere with corners and freekicks, thus leaving us a man short.

Logan - 6 - Excellent save at the end, otherwise little to do. No blame for the goal. Kicking a bit wayward though.

Stearman - 7 - Some good touches and at least tried to drive the play forward.

McAuley - 7 - Safe and solid.

Kisnorbo - 7 - Played well on his return, but should have got his head to the ball that lead to the goal.

Johansson - 7 - A good performance from Nissa and made a number of telling passes.

Low - 4 - Poor performance and needs to improve fast. Never gets his head to the ball first in the air, which is shocking given his height.

Hughes - 0 - A waste of space. Why was he even on the pitch? Utterly anonymous. Contributed nothing in my book.

Tiatto - 7 - Worked hard and manged to stay out of trouble for a change. Linked the play well.

Welsh - 6 - Showed much promise early on but faded badly in the second half. Will improve with match fitness.

Hume - 8 - Another storming performance. Unlucky not to score more.

Hammond - 8 - MOTM for me. Worked his socks off again and made things happen. Must learn to release the ball earlier though.

Subs:

Sylla - 0 - Shouldn't even be at the club let alone on the pitch. Caused more disruption in our own team than theirs. What was Kelly thinking of for heaven's sake??

Kelly - 4 - Failed to make the decisive changes needed. What change he did make can only be described as some kind of mental block given who he had on the bench.

Officials - 8 - Good performances all round.

:thumbup::thumbup: Good point about the officials. As competent as I've seen for ages.

I thought the referee was excellent, I wasn't as convinced by the linesmen.

Aye, I'll say the ref had a good all-round game, but the linesmen weren't up to scratch. Can't have everything though :P

Logan 7.5

Stearman 6.5

McAuley 7

Kisnorbo 7

Nils 6

Low 4 (Sylla 4.5)

Hughes 6.5

Tiatto 8

Welsh 7

Hammond 7.5

Hume 7.5

RK 5.5/6

Logan - 7 for the 1st time today his kicking wasn't at its usual standard, made a good save at the end though

Stearman - 7 tried to get forward as always and made some vital clearences

McAuley - 6 solid but not spectacular

Kisnorbo - 6 as above

Nils - 6 did well defensively but still loks out of his depth attacking

Low - 5 glimpses of ability but far too much ambling around for my likeing

Hughes - 6 his best game of the season but it wasnt exactly hard to beat his other performances

Tiatto - 8 looked good, tackled well and tried to spread the play

Welsh - 6 under utilised in the second half as everything seemed to go down the right, looked good when he got the ball

Hammond - 7 3 games in a week possibly too much for his style of play, supprised to not see him replaced with future games in mind

Hume - 7 some good touches and a calmly taken pen, solid but not spectacular

Sylla - 6 did far more attacking in his 25 mins then low did all game, still seemed a little off the pace and unwilling to run, though i think he, like fryatt needs the ball playing to him at pace by someone like williams

Kelly - 5 why when we have had 3 games in a week he didnt replace 1 CM and 1 of the strikers is beyond me

It looks like Low played crap again. We need to find a decent winger in January.

You have no idea. He couldn't win a header all game. He got lots of the ball but rarely put it to good use. His crossing was atrocious and he's scared to get at defenders with pace and conviction, even though that's his main job.

Someone needs to tell him it wont kill him if the ball hits his head.

Well the bloke stood behind me was understandably calling for Low to be subbed by RK, and then 2 minutes after Sylla came on, he wanted Low back on :laugh:

Surely Logan could see Low was useless in the air though and so he should have had the intelligence to change the direction and pattern of his kicking

Logan 7 (A couple of vital saves including one which prevented almost certain defeat. His kicking was shabbily inaccurate and too often pointlessly aimed at Low who wasn't winning any headers).

Stearman 6 (Continued to show the energy to get forward throughout the game but never at his peak).

McAuley 6.5 (Mostly tidy and competent)

Kisnorbo 7 (Rocklike as usual but never over stretched)

Nils 7 (His best game in the shirt this season)

Low 5 (Had plenty of the ball but did so little with it. We badly need someone who can attack the box and shoot).

Hughes 6.5 (Well involved. Some good passes to the flanks. Too slow with his shooting.)

Tiatto 7.75 (Took lots of responsibility and fed the ball left, right and centre. His best game so far).

Welsh 6 (Like Low was well supplied but managed little end product. Not a patch on Porter)

Hammond 7.5 (Won the equaliser. Some brilliant moves. Worked so hard. Lots of shots too but should have had a goal).

Hume 7.5 (Sixth goal of the season and again linked well with Hammond considering far too many passes from the flanks were aerial ones).

Sub: Sylla 5 (Little flashes, but generally disappointing once more).

Kelly 6 (Got a competent performance out of a supposedly understrength team but failed to show the imagination needed to prise out a victory).

Pretty much spot on - I am disappointed in Kelly today because I feel we could have won. When we put the pressure on(in the last few minutes) you could see the victory was there for the taking. There was no obvious game plan though in the second half - Low was very poor today - but there was no pressing, the wing play was ineffective and what was served up in the end was very mediocre. Ok it;s a good unbeaten run but how about a bit more ambition??

Everyone's rating Tiatto so highly - 8's and 9's - I wouldn't rate him personally, I thought he was absolutely shocking. Evidence of this would be the time where he got the ball in a reasonable positon and decided to take the ball backwards into his own half, he then got chased backwards and tried to do a trick to take it by the players tracking him near the edge of our penalty area, but people still give him high marks. Could someone please justify this for me???

Well the bloke stood behind me was understandably calling for Low to be subbed by RK, and then 2 minutes after Sylla came on, he wanted Low back on :laugh:

Surely Logan could see Low was useless in the air though and so he should have had the intelligence to change the direction and pattern of his kicking

lol

Sylla did better in the time he was on than Low done all game.

Its not even like it will mess his hair up if he heads it. :pinch:

I thought he was absolutely shocking.

If you couldn't see that Tiatto was our best player today then you surely must need your eyes testing!! I know everybody is entitled to their own opinion and fair enough you have yours, but it was pretty clear today that Tiatto was our outstanding performer by some distance.

Logan 7. great save my son, kicking looked well dodge at times.

Stearman 6 - average

McAuley 7 - looks good

Kisnorbo 7 - solid

Nils 7 - Skills

Low 3 - shite

Hughes 2 - even shiter

Tiatto 3 - was hoping he would be subbed first half, better second

Welsh 7 - good

Hammond 10 - awesome

Hume 7 - good peno

Sub: Sylla 9.9 - simply for that control!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you couldn't see that Tiatto was our best player today then you surely must need your eyes testing!! I know everybody is entitled to their own opinion and fair enough you have yours, but it was pretty clear today that Tiatto was our outstanding performer by some distance.

I'll admit he was good, he gave his best performance since the cup match at Charlton.

But overall, I thought Kis just shaded it for MOTM.

I thought Tiatto was solid but made a fair few stupid errors. I certainly wish he would push forward more, or at least move off the ball. What the hell was that run backwards all about. Even if he'd kicked it to Logan it'd have been better than faffing about with it and losing the ball 30 yrds out!

As you may have spotted from various posts in the past, I am not Josh Low's biggest fan. However, it is a complete joke that every long ball went to him in the air. Just because he is tall doesn't mean he is a good header of the ball. It seemed to be our one tactic in the first half. We should no more be giving him long balls than we should be giving them to Welsh on the other flank.

You can't criticise Low too much, he is a lower-division player attempting to pass himself off as a Championship player. He should have been a backup player all season had Stearman/Maybury been as effective as it was last season. As it was, the fans were desperate for an attacking threat on the right wing and he looked a bit dangerous when he came on against Burnley so he got the vote.

Anyway... I told you so :P

Onto the player ratings then;

Logan 7 - solid, didn't have to do a lot but what he did, he did well. Some poor kicking today but he's clearly been wrongly directed to kick everything to Low. Only problem is, who do you kick it to? Neither Hume or Hammond will win much in the air against tall defenders.

Stearman 6 - wasn't particularly impressed today. Some poor touches.

Johansson 6 - fairly solid defensively but absolutely atrocious going forward as usual. Every time the ball went near him down the left the attack went dead.

McAuley 7 - looked pretty good. Didn't have to do an awful lot.

Kisnorbo 7 - same again. Did the simple stuff well.

Welsh 6 - head down, run towards the byline, oh shit I'd better try and do something with this, late attempt to cross into box, hits first defender. Repeat to fade. Nice to see someone running at a full-back but never any end product. We don't suit wingers anyway. When they do manage somehow to get the ball in the box, there's no-one there up front (and no-one at the club) to attack it in the air.

Tiatto 8 - decent game today. One awful shot over the bar from a great position.

Hughes 7 - got better as the game wore on. We bossed the midfield and he did well alongside Tiatto. He also had a few good shots that were blocked second half.

Low 6 - didn't think he was as bad as people are making out but have covered this above.

Hume 7 - didn't do a lot today but still looked like our only hope of scoring. You got the feeling that our one chance of grabbing a winner was if we could have given him a clear shot at goal.

And last but not least...

Man of the match...

Wait for it...

Hammond 9 - Awesome today in my opinion. Never looks like scoring in the slightest but you have to take that for granted these days. Ran Palace's defenders into the ground. Held the ball up brilliantly. Built attacks single-handedly. Won the penalty. Linked play up well. One backheel in the first half left me open-mouthed. He will be a real asset on Tuesday night. Make no mistake, our midfield is extremely average. Welsh and Low don't look particularly up to it, Hughes and Tiatto did fairly well today but I still wouldn't pick either of them in central midfield if Weso and Williams were fit and playing at their best. Perhaps that's doing a disservice to Tiatto who is currently flavour of the month but I remain to be wholly convinced. My point is that playing in front of these four is fairly difficult. They don't create an awful lot. Hume didn't have his best game today and it was up to Elvis to make a lot of chances himself. I lost count of the number of times the ball was punted hopefully in his direction and he not only managed to get it under control but also then turn, beat his marker and head for goal (we'll stop there... he can't shoot for shit and no-one else today really looked like scoring.) Top effort Elvis, I doff my cap.

Lastly Sylla 8.99 (8.98 of this mark is for his Bergkamp-esque control when bringing down a high ball on the right hand side. Deserves to be in the highlights video at the end of the season more than most of the goals we'll score. Absolutely awesome.) Only trouble is that he looks like he's playing in slow motion most of the time. A winger shouldn't really have to be told by the crowd to start sprinting when he gets the ball. Bizarre player in a lot of ways. We looked more threatening when he came on though.

I'm disappointed that everone is rating Welsh so low. I tjought he had a good game and put in some good crosses. A lot of his opportunities were taken away by hammond deciding to take it inside. He is in the Guppy mould, and for that I would certainly have him in the starting 11 every week.

Archived