Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

Player ratings v Palace

I'll admit he was good, he gave his best performance since the cup match at Charlton.

But overall, I thought Kis just shaded it for MOTM.

Kisnorbo was good too today but I feel that Tiatto's massive improvement earns him motm ahead of Kis, who looked a bit more lightweight today than he has done previously. Still had a good game though mind :thumbup:

I thought Tiatto was solid but made a fair few stupid errors. I certainly wish he would push forward more, or at least move off the ball. What the hell was that run backwards all about. Even if he'd kicked it to Logan it'd have been better than faffing about with it and losing the ball 30 yrds out!

Everybody makes mistakes, nobody ever has a perfect game, and Tiatto today did make his fair share of mistakes, but what he did right certainly overshadowed the blemishes on his performance imo :yesyes:

Er, I don't think so.

All I can remember of Low was a couple of runs down the wing which led to nothing? At least Sylla lit up the play with a little magic, even if he was slow as heck!

Hughes 7 - got better as the game wore on. We bossed the midfield and he did well alongside Tiatto. He also had a few good shots that were blocked second half.

Lastly Sylla 8.99 (8.98 of this mark is for his Bergkamp-esque control when bringing down a high ball on the right hand side. Deserves to be in the highlights video at the end of the season more than most of the goals we'll score. Absolutely awesome.) Only trouble is that he looks like he's playing in slow motion most of the time. A winger shouldn't really have to be told by the crowd to start sprinting when he gets the ball. Bizarre player in a lot of ways. We looked more threatening when he came on though.

You must be joking. Have you been at the pop?

Pretty much spot on - I am disappointed in Kelly today because I feel we could have won. When we put the pressure on(in the last few minutes) you could see the victory was there for the taking. There was no obvious game plan though in the second half - Low was very poor today - but there was no pressing, the wing play was ineffective and what was served up in the end was very mediocre. Ok it;s a good unbeaten run but how about a bit more ambition??

i agree i thought he could of thrown on COG for the last 10/15 replacing hammond who had a great game but looked very tired

Er, I don't think so.

did you go? low never looked interested or even made an effort, he just made token runs towards a through ball on more then 1 occasion, sylla made some good touches and got in a couple of decent crosses, not bad for someone whoes hardly kicked a ball in the past 12 months

All I can remember of Low was a couple of runs down the wing which led to nothing? At least Sylla lit up the play with a little magic, even if he was slow as heck!

exactly low cannot cut it, sylla is just not match fit, the problem is i dont think people will cut him enough slack in order to get fit and then start to make a proper contribution

Forgive me I missed that. I was obviously still misty-eyed at the performance of our MOTM, Stephen Hughes.

:rolleyes: Some people will just carry on hounding one particular player even if they turn in an improved performance. I'll let everyone else's player ratings stand up as support. He was far from man of the match today but he had a decent game.

Logan - 7 - two decent saves otherwise a a fairly quite afternoon for him.

Stearman - 6 - energetic going forward and made sylla look better than we was when he came on.

Kisnorbo - 7 - few great challenges from him today and looked solid most of the game.

McAuley- 7 - looked commanding in the air.did well

Nils - 6 - decent game, looked unsure on the ball at times

Low - 5 - out of his depth,cant understand how a man of his stature struggles in the air #.

Hughes - 7 - good game,looked more comforable going forward

Tiatto - 8 - got stuck in as expected and had a really good game

Welsh - 7 - nice to see one of our wingers can go round a player lacked the end product though

Hume - 7 - good penalty, worked very hard and wish he had the chance hammond had towards the end

Hammond 8.5 (MOTM) - held the ball up exceptionally well and although lacked a finsh lworked his socks of today.

Sylla - 6 - 1st match of the season looked nackered after couple of minutes. did ok at best 1 quality takedown

Logan 7 - Not his best game in my opinion, yes the last minute stop was top class, but he seemed really hesitant today on crosses and coming out for the ball, i hope he's not been watching douglas

Stearman 6 - Did ok

McAuley 6 - Solid, just a few mistakes now and then but nothing serious

Kisnorbo 8 - Brilliant, he had the lazy arse Kuqi in his back pocket, immense defender

Nils 7 - Decent game, why did he go docile in the last 5 minutes though? Mental exhaustion?

Low 4 - Can't header, nothing like when he first played for us. Little urgency to attack and constantly leaving his man to get outside him.

Hughes 6 - Yes he's not the best tackler in the world, but i thought he did well today, got involved and was competant

Tiatto 6 - I don't know how to mark him.... in defensive, harrying and energetic terms i'd say an 8. But the only reason he was running around so much was because he was constantly chasing up mistakes from his passes. He opts to pass backwards too much and in the last 10 minutes we couldn't afford to do that and expect to win. Did well though for what i've come to expect from him.

Welsh 7 - Head down, run, cross. He makes attacking a pretty sight again, needs more support in the box though if we are to benefit from his runs.

Hammond 8 - Immense, how confident was he today??? Changed man, brilliant to watch.

Hume 7 - Brilliant as usual, but there were too many 'wrong decisions' on his and hammonds part (oh how wonderful hindsight is)

Sub: Sylla 6 - Did more than Low in the space of 5 minutes

:rolleyes: Some people will just carry on hounding one particular player even if they turn in an improved performance. I'll let everyone else's player ratings stand up as support. He was far from man of the match today but he had a decent game.

Improved performance?? I don't think so. Danny Tiatto on the other hand did put in a much improved showing (apart from one headless chicken run) and so merits a bit of praise. I don't believe in 'hounding' players but the sad reality is that Hughes is a lightweight and a liability.

Sylla was rubbish last season and did nothing today to suggest that anything has changed. What was he playing at during our corners for instance? I felt he was more of a disruptive influence to our players than theirs. One flukey bit of control does not a great player make. And for a player not to bother running until the crowd gets on his back is just unforgivable.

Logan - 7 - Cant fault him,did his job when called on,couldnt do anything about the goal,made an outstanding save on 90mins.seems to make all the right decisions which is encouraging for a young goalkeeper.

Stearman - 6 - some wayward crosses were very frustrating,did his job at the back though

Kisnorbo - 7 - Is it me or has he lost some of his muscle?could be just me as he didnt give too much away,didnt look as comfortable as usual though in the air.

McAuley- 7 - again,didnt give to much away although the defence as a whole did have some sloppy moments for the goal and when they hit the post.

Nils - 6 - Did ok defensively but seems uncomfortable on the ball hence the hoofs.

Low - 4 - I dont like slagging off City players but he was very disapointing,a winger who cant cross or take players on is a bit worrying.Also panicked alot when he got in or around the box with the ball.

Hughes - 5 - Few simple passes and some shots from outside the box without getting past the 1st defender.No creative spark coming from him at all which is what was missing today.

Tiatto - 8.5 - Had it all today,made a few silly mistakes but he was giving his all which is rare these days for a city player.lost count of the times he gained possesion and sent hammond on his merry way.I didnt think i would ever say this but he was our most creative player today,also brilliant defence wise.

Welsh - 7 - Everything Low wasnt,hes got pace,skill and was always looking to beat the defence.Put some good crosses in.

Hume - 7 - Always a danger,had his usual good game and capped it off with a well taken penalty.Caught offside to often though.

Hammond - 8 - He was a menace to palace all game,always wanting the ball,city played alot off hopefull balls to him and he managed to get to most of them.Linked up well with welsh on the left hand side but he never looks like hes going to score.Whats going to happen when Fryatts back?mm can he play right wing?

Sylla - 6.5 - He looked ok,its already been pointed out(by fezz i think)that he looks like hes playing in slow motion.He looks like me running after the bus!!!the thing is he looked dangerous with it.He's alot beter option then Low is on the right hand side as he put some pretty good balls in.

City Fans - 7 - Many quite periods,but when we sang we where quite loud,id say 75% of the kop were singing.Loved the Leicestershire la la la at half time!!!

*all that stuff Fez said that annoyed some people even though I am in almost total agreement*

Today was the day it became official in Casa de Bob:

Josh Low is not very good

Also, Hughes wasn't dreadful and Elvis was more than acceptable.

I am applying to adopt Logan as my third child. He is going to be my second son, oh yes.

Today was the day it became official in Casa de Bob:

Josh Low is not very good

Also, Hughes wasn't dreadful and Elvis was more than acceptable.

I am applying to adopt Logan as my third child. He is going to be my second son, oh yes.

Loving the post of Mr Bob. Truly funny :appl: :laugh:

Will he still be Logan or will he be known as Conrad " Disco " Bob???

Will he still be Logan or will he be known as Conrad " Disco " Bob???

I hope he will take my name, but that may take time. What young Conrad has to understand is that me and Mrs DB are there for him and we love him.

*...but not "love" in the Coronation Street want to make love to my step mother kind of way. That kind of thing would land us all on the next Jeremy Kyle show!

I hope he will take my name, but that may take time. What young Conrad has to understand is that me and Mrs DB are there for him and we love him.

*...but not "love" in the Coronation Street want to make love to my step mother kind of way. That kind of thing would land us all on the next Jeremy Kyle show!

And that would be bad, unwanted publicity which might damage your chances of keeping hold of young Conrad (and your other children!) :pinch:

As long as this adoption process will not interfere with Logan's on-pitch performances I am all for it :D:thumbup:

It looks like Low played crap again. We need to find a decent winger in January.

use porter :pinch: you really forgot who we have already cannot be better than what kelly buys...except mcauley

Logan 7 - Did nothing wrong again and rushed out of goal well to deny Crystal Palace a winner late on.

Stearman 7 - Looked dangerous when he attacked and always provided an outlet. Looks a quality player.

McAuley 6 - Disappointed by McAuley. First time I've seen him live and he seemed to struggle at defending set pieces.

Kisnorbo 7 - Easily our most assured defender

Johansson 6 - Played alright and didn't make any mistakes.

Low 4 - He has to be dropped. In favour of giving Maybury another chance as long as we keep an attacking player like Welsh or Porter on the other wing. We could also put Welsh on the right and Porter down the left.

Tiatto 6 - Didn't have the best first half, especially when he kept his head down and ran himself into trouble. Much improved in the second half where he didn't put a foot wrong. Looked tired though and thought Weso should have come on.

Hughes 4 - I was a real fan of Hughes but now he just seems complacent. Lightweight.

Welsh 7 - Always posed a threat down the left and it's good to have him back at City.

Hume 8 - Clearly the player with the most quality in the Leicester team and dispatched his penalty brilliantly.

Hammond 7 - Full of running and won us the penalty. Posed Palace a series of problem but his lack of quality is is undoing.

Sub

Sylla 6 - Showed flashes of brillance and helped out in the defensive third as well.

logan 7 great save at the end otherwise untroubled. kicking a bit off.

nils 7 solid defensively but still not great going forward

mcauley 6 not so good this match. caught in possession a couple of times but good in the air

kisnorbo 5 ok in the air but was not great otherwise. looked off the pace at times and someone should tell him not to bother wth his long range passing. every time he gave the ball back to palace. not the player of last season. Allowed freeman in at the end and was only saved by Logan.

stearman 6 solid enough.

low 5 big bloke can't jump. doesn't seem to be upto the required standards

hughes 6 anonymous but didn't seem to do anything wrong either.

tiatto 7 hard to score. at times he was excellent and at others dreadful. tried hard though and got stuck in.

welsh 6.5 not bad but final pass missing.

hume 7 worked hard excellent penalty but generally well marshalled by palace defence.

hammond 8 mom? some nice first touches but sometimes took wrong option. if only he could shoot.

sylla 4 1 decent run is the only thing he has ever done for us. a winger with no assists no shots on goal and obviously no goals. didn't look like anything would change.

set pieces 0 terrible. can't beat the first defender or overhit free kicks and corners. sort it out rob!

Sylla 6 - Showed flashes of brillance and helped out in the defensive third as well.

Disagree completely. Was present in the defensive third would be more accurate IMO. "helped out" is pushing it...

As for flashes of brilliance, he controlled it beautifully once and that was it. He is well off the pace in terms of match fitness but that can be blamed on lack of reserve matches. Just didn't seem to care.

Made me laugh how he wanted to be a part of every set piece. Just had to inspect the ball before it was kicked it would seem. Really could have done with the extra body in the box.

Disagree completely. Was present in the defensive third would be more accurate IMO. "helped out" is pushing it...

As for flashes of brilliance, he controlled it beautifully once and that was it. He is well off the pace in terms of match fitness but that can be blamed on lack of reserve matches. Just didn't seem to care.

Made me laugh how he wanted to be a part of every set piece. Just had to inspect the ball before it was kicked it would seem. Really could have done with the extra body in the box.

I couldn't understand why he kept standing so close to the corner taker or even off the pitch on one occasion.

He was never going to be a danger there or any bloody use either.

Archived