Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tommeh

7 points from relegation

I know we should really be looking upwards and onwards but a 7 point cusion from Leeds, southend and hull who lets face it have been piss poor this season, is nice and comfortable and hopefully with no fears of relegation talk for at least a month the players can settle down and play decent football with out the relegation trap door right behind them. Certainly after the Hull game at home which was diobolical if somebody would have said you'd be 7 points from relegation and 5 from play-offs I'd have said they're off their head

QPR and Stoke are 2 games that we can take all 3 points from aswell. Cardiff here we come :P:whistle:

Our next little run of games looks quite good at the minute.

If we can keep a bit of momentum up, we should be getting plenty of points on the board along the way.

QPR away

Stoke home

Sheff Wed away

Plymouth home

Preston home

Derby away

Norwich away

That takes us up to the end of November. That's a reasonable set of games, now's the time to bag the points and climb the table a little. :thumbup:

If we can keep a bit of momentum up, we should be getting plenty of points on the board along the way.

QPR away

Stoke home

Sheff Wed away

Plymouth home

Preston home

Derby away

Norwich away

That takes us up to the end of November. That's a reasonable set of games, now's the time to bag the points and climb the table a little. :thumbup:

It isn't going to be easy though and I'd hate to think that because we haven't lost in a while and are actually putting the ball in the net atm that our lads will start getting complacent, especially with "lesser teams" coming up. I agree though, we could definitely put a good run together from the next months worth of fixtures. I've put the games I reckon we'll win in bold, the draws in italic and left the defeat in normal font. That'd give us 14 points from a possible 21 in our next 7 games :rolleyes:

I know we should really be looking upwards and onwards but a 7 point cusion from Leeds, southend and hull who lets face it have been piss poor this season, is nice and comfortable and hopefully with no fears of relegation talk for at least a month the players can settle down and play decent football with out the relegation trap door right behind them. Certainly after the Hull game at home which was diobolical if somebody would have said you'd be 7 points from relegation and 5 from play-offs I'd have said they're off their head

lets keep the faith boys we putting a good run together lets look for the positive from this play offs would be a good end to the season lets keep it up

This is a dog eat dog league without any stand out sides. any team can beat any other team. games that look "easy" turn out bad results. the playoffs look a long way off at the moment our last 3 results have been encouraging but

we beat southampton thanks largely to 2 great goals from one individual

we beat a very poor Leeds team who played with only 10 men for 40 mins and sneaked home 2-1

we got a point against palace but could easily have lost.

we could win the next 2 but could lose them as well. Imo the league won't really take shape until the end of January.

This is a dog eat dog league without any stand out sides. any team can beat any other team. games that look "easy" turn out bad results. the playoffs look a long way off at the moment our last 3 results have been encouraging but

we beat southampton thanks largely to 2 great goals from one individual

we beat a very poor Leeds team who played with only 10 men for 40 mins and sneaked home 2-1

we got a point against palace but could easily have lost.

we could win the next 2 but could lose them as well. Imo the league won't really take shape until the end of January.

Have to agree. People were looking at the latest run of fixtures and said "three points from Colchester but then Southampton at home we'll lose" etc. It's all about when you play teams. We've been lucky to catch Southampton during a bad spell, you can't see Leeds being this bad for the remainder of the season even if they still go down and Palace had lost a couple too. If we come up against "lesser" teams during good spells for themselves then we could quite easily lose to them.

Looking at how other clubs like Stoke and Luton have demolished Leeds makes our showing look a bit average. On the positive side, I think Hume and Hammond are linking up well and have done ever since the end of the Birmingham game and if Hammond can add goals to his current game we will have two strikers contributing to the team with effort and goals. Any side with a pair of strikers like that can win games.

All good points... but I think it's easier to go up than down and we are closer points-wise to the playoff spots. Unless the worse performing teams have a sudden flurry, if we keep playing as we have I think we'll be okay. :)

Luton 5 - 1 Leeds... that is rubbish. Almost makes you feel sorry for them.

All good points... but I think it's easier to go up than down and we are closer points-wise to the playoff spots. Unless the worse performing teams have a sudden flurry, if we keep playing as we have I think we'll be okay. :)

Luton 5 - 1 Leeds... that is rubbish. Almost makes you feel sorry for them.

It all depends what spin you put on things. With the group of players we've currently got, I think Rob should be telling them that they're only 5 points off the playoffs rather than telling them they're 7 points off relegation. It's the first time since the end of last season that this group of players have got a bit of momentum going but during last season, the wins were only ever moving us away from relegation not pushing us towards promotion. This is the first time for a long time that we've been within a realistic distance of the playoffs despite it only being October and I think it has given the players confidence and something to aim for. You could tell how gutted they were at the final whistle yesterday and that's a sign of the direction we're trying to move in. I don't care how poor people reckon Palace were- we didn't have a lot to choose from yesterday and still were disappointed to only draw.

QPR away

Stoke home

Sheff Wed away

Plymouth home

Preston home

Derby away

Norwich away

I'd be very dissapointed if we didn't come way witht hose games with at least 12 points.

we should be fine this season, considering our form over a extremely hard period has seen us unbeaten since the hull :( game. on paper our hardest run in of the season is over with us having done well. a couple of wins and we will think about the playoffs, fortunately if we lose a couple leeds etc are considerably worse than us so we can afford to be brave i think

I still think we are nowhere near being a serious contender for the play-offs in this division. What frightens me even more is seeing this squad of players in the premiership if we ever did get there. There are probably a maximum of 5 players in our squad that could handle themselves in the premiership and that's an unfounded statement given the one's I have in mind haven't ever played there.

If we convert are chances and become more decisive then we could challenge for the play-offs, but until then i'm not getting carried away about our 'unbeaten' run.

As I mentioned some weeks ago, we have a small wager for this season.

:scarf: Hume & Fryatt v Ebanks-Blake & Hayles :thumbdown:

Whose 2 strikers score the most goals!

That has added some extra spice to the day! :thumbup:

I'd back Hume and Hammond but I don't know if Fryatt's ever going to catch light this season. He seemed out of sorts even before his injury. But as someone mentioned, all strikers have barren spells. Look at Dodds...! Even he failed to score in one game recently!!! :D:D:D

I'd back Hume and Hammond but I don't know if Fryatt's ever going to catch light this season. He seemed out of sorts even before his injury. But as someone mentioned, all strikers have barren spells. Look at Dodds...! Even he failed to score in one game recently!!! :D:D:D

:thumbsup:

A striker who fails to score in a game? :o

Get him in! ;)

Archived