Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bold_fox

Luke Varney

Think we missed out on him bing time!!

He's currently playing at Crewe, but has been attracting the attention of a few Prem clubs, e.g. Villa and Pompey.

I used to play with him at Quorn a few years back, and can remember he being on trials with Leicester, but was never taken on.

Seems a shame that someone playing in the Leicester Leagues gets missed by our scouts, and gets picked up by Crewe.

He's a massive city fan as well.

Looks destine for the top. Fantastic player.

Right now we can't provide a challeng for all the lads who have been spotted by our scouts, let alone the ones who were missed or rejected.

What do you mean a challenge ?

Surely if a players good enough, then he'll play. I think we provide good opportunities for our young players to come through, and give them a chance to prove there worth..

What i'm pointing out is that our scouting system seems to have mad a mistake turning Luke away ( probably 5 years ago)....

I can also recall that there was talk of us signing him from Crewe last year ? or at least we made an enquiry ? Is this true ?

in recent times opportunities for youth players to be given a chance has been pretty poor at leicester. i think given the chance he would see crewe as either to break through. especially as dario has built his club around youth players breaking into the line up.......far from our recent pensioner buying days

Apparently, Varney before he signed for Crewe, I think he was at Quorn, stated that he wanted to sign for city but I don't think he was ever approached!!!

I used to play with him at Quorn.

He went on trails with Leicester, and was being watched by them around the time that Crewe were.

He did always want to sign for City, but we didnt offer him anything

seems a shame becuase everyone associated with Quorn at the time new how good he was, and knew that he was destine for the big time.

I used to play with him at Quorn.

He went on trails with Leicester, and was being watched by them around the time that Crewe were.

He did always want to sign for City, but we didnt offer him anything

seems a shame becuase everyone associated with Quorn at the time new how good he was, and knew that he was destine for the big time.

Great shame that he never signed for city. Varney was great for quorn and fully deserves a chance at the top level. Plus its good news for Quorn as they will get 20% of the fee!

he was good against us last season, but he doesnt score regulary enough!

Perhaps not, but he looks promising, and apparently a number of Premiership clubs are tracking him.

So the Daily Mirror tells me, anyway..:rolleyes:

Perhaps not, but he looks promising, and apparently a number of Premiership clubs are tracking him.

So the Daily Mirror tells me, anyway..:rolleyes:

I wouldn't say he is premiership quality on the times i have seen him. But then again i might nothave seen him enough.

He's certainly giving Wes Brown a lot of problems. Cracking coach Dario Gradi.

What a salutory lesson Ole Gunnar's giving though in making the game look simple. His thinks so early, has such a sublime touch and always has his head up to spot the best ball. He couldn't have made it much easier for Richardson.

If Dario Gradi leaves ever leaves Crewe and decides not to retire, would you welcome him at the Walkers? Random question but it just popped into my head.. :ph34r:

I don't know him personally and it would depend on what capacity because I think we've got some good people already at Leicester and a youth set-up to be genuinely proud of. So I wouldn't really want anyone coming in at someone else's expense. And I don't think he'll ever leave Crewe to go elsewhere either.

He was Crewe manager for 9 years before i was born :blink: but he has a good record overall with Crewe. Good at bringing up youth, keeping teams up. But thats where it goes wrong, because Leicester fans wouldn't be able to deal with relegation battles each year. Unless it's just Crewe, maybe Leicester will be different. We'll never know.. Not like many of you would care :D

He was Crewe manager for 9 years before i was born :blink: but he has a good record overall with Crewe. Good at bringing up youth, keeping teams up. But thats where it goes wrong, because Leicester fans wouldn't be able to deal with relegation battles each year. Unless it's just Crewe, maybe Leicester will be different. We'll never know.. Not like many of you would care :D

Luke was Man of the Match tonight, Scored a goal as well. Not bad for a Leicester reject!! :mad::blush:

Archived