Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Craig

Johansson.

For every villan (Low) there seemed to be 12 heroes and one god. The god being Johansson.

Tonight he was immense, watch MOTD and i dare you to find someone handle Agbonhalors pace as well as he did.

He's my MOTM without a shadow of doubt and although Hendo made some great saves, this man was sensational.

For every villan (Low) there seemed to be 12 heroes and one god. The god being Johansson.

Tonight he was immense, watch MOTD and i dare you to find someone handle Agbonhalors pace as well as he did.

He's my MOTM without a shadow of doubt and although Hendo made some great saves, this man was sensational.

Agreed, everyone thought he would be the weak link tonight, how wrong were they.

Great performance.

I'd say that Hendo will pip him for man of the match but that was definately the best ive even seen Johansson play for us! Dealt with his man brilliantly (so much so that he was put onto the left wing later on) and even joined in the attacks once he won the ball!! The whole defence was brilliant tonight though!

so why cant he produce this sort of performance against championship opposition?

MOTM for sure. he played really well.

In the championship he is defensively solid week in, week out. Just his distribution and attacking is a bit shaky.

stuck to his task well , agbolohore swopped wings as he wasnt getting change from nissa , kenton also did well against him. thought our cenre backs were awesome but my outfield motm would be stearman , guts energy , big tackles he had it all , him and weso worked their socks off in there

I'll be the first to stick my hand up, i thought he'd be skinned all night long.

What more do i need to say other than MON swapped him to the right wing....

Johannsson taught the young lad one hell of a lesson tonight

In the championship he is defensively solid week in, week out. Just his distribution and attacking is a bit shaky.

yes he looks like he wants to play CB week in week out, his passing is poor and his pace seems off but put him up against little sprinter Agbonlawhore and he can keep up and shove him off anytime. whats it all about? i hope we see these kind of games from him more often.

there was no weak link in our side today...except J.Low but he's not worth ranting over.

Yes, and I'm going to join the throng. That was his best game for our club by far.

Not just defensively but gone were the hopeful floated passes to be replaced by simple 10 yard balls to feet and the offer of support.

Showed some crafty deception at times to make space. Keep it up Nils.

He'll never make an Olympian when it comes to charging right up and down the flanks but that had to be just about as good as he can play and I was really pleased for him.

Had it not been for Henderson's massive saves and Hume's awesome effort he'd have been MoM and, indeed, his performance would have won MoM on many other occasion.

Had it not been for Henderson's massive saves and Hume's awesome effort he'd have been MoM and, indeed, his performance would have won MoM on many other occasion.

Kisnorbo was MOTM tonight, closely followed by Stearman.

Kisnorbo was MOTM tonight, closely followed by Stearman.

Not the way we were carved open through the middle for their first goal, the way the first penalty was conceded, and the way we were carved open on several occasions thereafter. I thought Kissa and McAuley played a valiant part and did many good things but Villa's speed, touch and professionalism in and around the box caused some pretty scary moments even if it is nicer to forget em.

The first goal was down to Johansson and McAuley being done for pace, and the second due to a lapse by McAuley (for which he's had remarkably little stick on here). Can't see how Kisnorbo can be slated for those.

Until the side tired in extra time, Villa had very few clear cut chances. A lot of that was due Kis's reading of the game, and the fact he kept the dangerous Baros on a very tight rein.

Kis, along with Stearman, Wesolowski and Hume, showed true Premiership quality.

All are at an age where they can still reach that level, hopefully with us!

The first goal was down to Johansson and McAuley being done for pace, and the second due to a lapse by McAuley (for which he's had remarkably little stick on here). Can't see how Kisnorbo can be slated for those.

Until the side tired in extra time, Villa had very few clear cut chances. A lot of that was due Kis's reading of the game, and the fact he kept the dangerous Baros on a very tight rein.

Kis, along with Stearman, Wesolowski and Hume, showed true Premiership quality.

All are at an age where they can still reach that level, hopefully with us!

Kisnorbo hasn't been slated. Where has Kisnorbo been slated?.

I said we had trouble at times through the middle. We have two central defenders in th middle. If one makes a mistake it helps if the other, or at least someone, is around to rectify it.

We were talking about minor elements which might affect a man-of-the-match decision. Can't remember what I gave Kisnorbo but far from slating him, I think the mark was actually pretty praising.

Nor did I say Villa had lots of chances - which is reflected in the marks for our defenders - but the ones they got might easily have resulted in at least five goals and, unfortunately, tired or not, extra time is part of the challenge and chances are no less chances whenever they occur.

As for your Premiership comment, I agree about all four.

so why cant he produce this sort of performance against championship opposition?

MOTM for sure. he played really well.

I agree SystonFox. I Watched him a few times in Sept and early Oct 06 and thought he was very inconsistent. Needs to perform at this level more often.

COME ON YOU MIGHTY FOXES

MadMick

Archived