Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leonisco

Classic Games at the Walkers

:D Tuesday night's roller-coaster was probably the best game I've ever witnessed at the Walkers Stadium - and it got me thinking about all the other great games I've seen there, such as the Tottenham FA Cup game, the 4-2 against Sheff Utd last season etc. So I just thought I'd ask - What are the best 3 games you've seen at The Walkers - apart from Villa on Tuesday? (Only two rules: it has to have been at The Walkers and you have to have actually been at the game! :D )

Anyway, here's my three:

1. City 3-2 Tottenham (FA Cup 3rd Round) - 8th Jan 2006

Absolutely incredible performance to come back from 2-0 down against a team who were 4th in the Prem at the time live on the Beeb. The moment when MDV scored the winner right at the death still ranks as probably the happiest moment in my life so far - and it also remains the mentalest (is that a word? :unsure:) goal celebration I have ever done.

2. City 3-1 Portsmouth (Last home game of 03/04 Prem season)

Relegation had been confirmed the week before and we'd all been put out of our misery - what a fcuking great excuse for a party!!! :thumbsup: The sun was out, it was a carnival atmosphere with mexican waves going round the ground and Muzzy got a fantastic ovation when he was substituted. We went 2-0 up early on, then Pompey got one back and I was thinking "oh no, not again", but 5 minutes later Scowy popped up and made the game safe. :yahoo: Superb day out.

3. City 4-2 Sheff Utd (November 2005)

Fantastic attacking performance to bring top-of-the-table United back down to Earth and to wipe the smug smile off Colin willy puller's face (Was so funny in L1 singing "Warnock, what's the score?" lol ). Hammond and Sylla even looked like half-decent players that day! All the more sweeter for me because my school had been given free tickets to watch the England Rugby team at Twickenham that day, and all my mates went - but I gambled and decided to go on my own to this one - much to their derision ("Oh don't bother, they'll only lose") - Haha, the looks on their faces when they were moaning about how boring the England game was and I revelead what a great game they'd missed - suckers! :cool:

Anyway, that's enough from me, what are you're top 3?

:D Tuesday night's roller-coaster was probably the best game I've ever witnessed at the Walkers Stadium - and it got me thinking about all the other great games I've seen there, such as the Tottenham FA Cup game, the 4-2 against Sheff Utd last season etc. So I just thought I'd ask - What are the best 3 games you've seen at The Walkers - apart from Villa on Tuesday? (Only two rules: it has to have been at The Walkers and you have to have actually been at the game! :D )

Anyway, here's my three:

1. City 3-2 Tottenham (FA Cup 3rd Round) - 8th Jan 2006

Absolutely incredible performance to come back from 2-0 down against a team who were 4th in the Prem at the time live on the Beeb. The moment when MDV scored the winner right at the death still ranks as probably the happiest moment in my life so far - and it also remains the mentalest (is that a word? :unsure:) goal celebration I have ever done.

2. City 3-1 Portsmouth (Last home game of 03/04 Prem season)

Relegation had been confirmed the week before and we'd all been put out of our misery - what a fcuking great excuse for a party!!! :thumbsup: The sun was out, it was a carnival atmosphere with mexican waves going round the ground and Muzzy got a fantastic ovation when he was substituted. We went 2-0 up early on, then Pompey got one back and I was thinking "oh no, not again", but 5 minutes later Scowy popped up and made the game safe. :yahoo: Superb day out.

3. City 4-2 Sheff Utd (November 2005)

Fantastic attacking performance to bring top-of-the-table United back down to Earth and to wipe the smug smile off Colin willy puller's face (Was so funny in L1 singing "Warnock, what's the score?" lol ). Hammond and Sylla even looked like half-decent players that day! All the more sweeter for me because my school had been given free tickets to watch the England Rugby team at Twickenham that day, and all my mates went - but I gambled and decided to go on my own to this one - much to their derision ("Oh don't bother, they'll only lose") - Haha, the looks on their faces when they were moaning about how boring the England game was and I revelead what a great game they'd missed - suckers! :cool:

Anyway, that's enough from me, what are you're top 3?

One... LEEDs... Lillian... nuff said

Hmmm;

Spurs (FA Cup), Wise Milwall game , Arsenal draw!

I forgot about that! I remember sitting in the away end because they wern't allowed to bring any fans and didn't they score very early on?

TBF the game when Portsmouth were 2nd and we were 1st or other way round and it ended up 1-1. Fantastic game tho...

Agreed - I nearly had that one on my list. We were actually 2nd and they were 1st before the match, then we went 1-0 up thanks to an early Tricky Trev goal, and for about an hour we were at the top of the league. But then Matty Taylor scored a cracking equaliser and put them back on top.

Oh, how I loathe Portsmouth :mad::mad::mad:

Best moments were Colymore's hat-trick against Sunderland and the Steve Claridge promotion goal but the three classic games are easy:

a) February 22, 1958. Leicester City 8 Manchester City 4 at Filbert Street,

b) January 21, 1961. Leicester City 6 Manchester United 0 (Law, Best, Charlton etc)

c) The Leicester verus Arsenal 3-3 recovery special when Bergkamp was brilliant and Leicester magnificent.

Best moments were Colymore's hat-trick against Sunderland and the Steve Claridge promotion goal but the three classic games are easy:

a) February 22, 1958. Leicester City 8 Manchester City 4 at Filbert Street,

b) January 21, 1961. Leicester City 6 Manchester United 0 (Law, Best, Charlton etc)

c) The Leicester verus Arsenal 3-3 recovery special when Bergkamp was brilliant and Leicester magnificent.

So... None then? :unsure::unsure:

Archived