Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Monk

Is Fryatt actually any good?

One thing that most classy strikers have is pace and he aint got it I'm afraid.

I don't care whether he's 20 or 30 he ain't doing the business, I can name countless strikers who were doing the business at 20 so why should his age let him off the hook for poor finishing.

Just off the top of my head.

Ruud Van Nistletoy

Alan Shearer

Drik Kuit

Klaas Jan Huntelaar

Hernan Crespo

Andriy Shevchenko

Ronaldo

Jan Koller

Claudio Pizzaro

Roy Mckay

Ally Mcoist

Hammond - 1 good shot

Fryatt - 1 bad miss

Hammond was haring around the pitch until he came off. Fryatt IMO did sweet FA.

At least he is getting in the positions to miss. Like any good striker he followed up Hume's shot, looking for scraps and in my opinion was unlucky. Can guarantee that Hammond would have been on his heels not following the shot in and so there wouldnt have even been a chance to miss.

Yes Hammond is quick and does offer something which Hume and Fryatt dont, but surely you must agree that if it wasnt for Hammonds pace he would be a binman or something. So what if Hammond was haring around the pitch ? what is more accurate is that he was running around like a headless chicken constantly giving away fouls and getting caught offside and i think that 1 good shot he had was his attempt at controlling the ball.

Ok so Fryatt isnt yet ready for premiership football and can be a bit inconsistant but he is only 20 and will improve unlike Hammond who is reaching his peak of his powers !!

One thing that most classy strikers have is pace and he aint got it I'm afraid.

I don't care whether he's 20 or 30 he ain't doing the business, I can name countless strikers who were doing the business at 20 so why should his age let him off the hook for poor finishing.

I'm not saying he should be 'let off the hook' but I think some things need to be considered at times like this. It was not so long ago that he was heralded the new 'Gary Lineker' here. I've seen enough to know that he's got masses of potential and his poor form isn't a massive concern yet. All strikers suffer poor form every so often and if this is his first real bad patch as a footballer he might be struggling to know what to do about it.

Lets compare Fryatt to other young strikers we have seen at the club:

Goals/Appearances:

Hume: 14/36 = 39%!!

Fryatt: 6/18 = 33%

Joachim: 25/77 = 32%

Heskey: 40/143 = 28%

Elvis: 3/15 = 20%

Cottee: 27/66 = 41%

Claridge: 17/53 = 23%

Incidentally,

Kisnorbo: 4/46 = 9% pretty good for a centre back!

Lets compare Fryatt to other young strikers we have seen at the club:

Goals/Appearances:

Hume: 14/36 = 39%!!

Fryatt: 6/18 = 33%

Joachim: 25/77 = 32%

Heskey: 40/143 = 28%

Elvis: 3/15 = 20%

Cottee: 27/66 = 41%

Claridge: 17/53 = 23%

Incidentally,

Kisnorbo: 4/46 = 9% pretty good for a centre back!

How about Stearman? He's banged in quite a few in his time in the first team. ;)

Totally different question - but much easier to answer. Belongs in a different thread. Have we got a shitting habits thread? :whistle:

i always thought it was the pope that shit in the woods and the bear is catholic. is the pope a nazi is always a difficult one to answer :ph34r:

Of course Fryatt is half decent. All strikers have crises of confidence and barren spells. I just wish Leicester would address the central problem of midfield supply after which we can really wind out which of our strikers are up to the job and which are lacking.

As I and others have said countless times, any striker would struggle to score for City with the sort of support they're getting. And Kelly seems unwilling to change anmything for the better because he seems satisfied with being "hard to beat".

Apologies if anyone has found this thread pointless - did not intend it that way.

I am not saying the guy is crap at all but I think its wrong not to question players now and again.

I for one hope he finds his scoring boots soon, and as Thracian has rightly pointed out, the delivery has been poor, his strike rate would surely be higher if he had Izzet, Lennon and Savage backing him up.

I still think he has a point to prove to get back his first team place, and if he does, f'in brilliant because a working Hume/Fryatt partnership should ship in some much needed goals! That said, if we are taken over and have money to spend on a striker, will he fall out of favour?

I know I will get flamed by a few here, but I really do not rate the guy, especially after he missed that sitter on Saturday.

Although he absolutely works his socks off, and yes, does hold the ball up well, he lacks goals badly. At what point does a goal drought stop being "unlucky" and start to show that the player really isn't as good as people make him out to be. Plus I think he always wants to be in the same position as Hume.

Although Hammond is probably not as good as Fryatt, he does bring a contrast to the front 2, and does add some variation to the play.

I am not saying he is crap, but my patience is running thin. If we were offered a decent price for him, I'd let him go, because at the moment he is a long way from being the prolific striker we badly need.

Discuss.

I reckon give the lad a break!! He's not gonna be too good after that injury he picked up!!! He's being brought back to match fitness still!!! another striker would be welcomed! Marcus Bent/ Emile heskey!? But i reckon we focus on midfield before anything else!

I cannot believe anyone even though of starting this thread. Matty Fryatt is a true talent and future Premiership player, he helped us out of a real hole at the end of last season. Just look at the goal he scored against Sunderland - would Elvis have been able to do that? No - and I know who I'd much rather have in the team. Really pisses me off the way people get on a players' back as soon as they go on a bit of a bad run. :angry: As others have said, look what happened to Rooney. I'm sure Matty can use that as inspiration and get back to his best.

I know it's a cliché but:

Form is temporary, class is permanent. :whistle:

Btw, monk, this isn't particularly aimed at you, just the way people have been slagging Fryatt off when they were absolutely raving about him last season. :thumbup:

I cannot believe anyone even though of starting this thread. Matty Fryatt is a true talent and future Premiership player, he helped us out of a real hole at the end of last season. Just look at the goal he scored against Sunderland - would Elvis have been able to do that? No - and I know who I'd much rather have in the team. Really pisses me off the way people get on a players' back as soon as they go on a bit of a bad run. :angry: As others have said, look what happened to Rooney. I'm sure Matty can use that as inspiration and get back to his best.

I know it's a cliché but:

Form is temporary, class is permanent. :whistle:

Btw, monk, this isn't particularly aimed at you, just the way people have been slagging Fryatt off when they were absolutely raving about him last season. :thumbup:

Let's get one thing straight Matty Fryatt is no Wayne Rooney and trying to compare them is pointless Rooney is World Class, Fryatt may one day be an average premiership player, as things stand now they are worlds apart!!

Rooney is 5 months older then Fryatt but in football terms he has 5 years on him.

He had 25 minutes of Championship football yesterday and the comments on his performance have been indifferent!

Improvement is needed and soon!

Archived