Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Monk

Is Fryatt actually any good?

I know I will get flamed by a few here, but I really do not rate the guy, especially after he missed that sitter on Saturday.

Although he absolutely works his socks off, and yes, does hold the ball up well, he lacks goals badly. At what point does a goal drought stop being "unlucky" and start to show that the player really isn't as good as people make him out to be. Plus I think he always wants to be in the same position as Hume.

Although Hammond is probably not as good as Fryatt, he does bring a contrast to the front 2, and does add some variation to the play.

I am not saying he is crap, but my patience is running thin. If we were offered a decent price for him, I'd let him go, because at the moment he is a long way from being the prolific striker we badly need.

Discuss.

I like him, hes been injured alot recently so maybe he's a little of the pace. I would only make a decision after he has started playing a few more games and got his fitness and sharpness back.

But i would agree that he is not doing too well atm...

I think we can all agree that Fryatt didn't have much pace before his injury.

What would you rather have?

Somebody who runs his socks off and score's now and again or somebody who does sod all for most of the game(Gary Lineker) but score's the winner?

Gary Lineker everytime for me.

I'm not saying he's a bad player but he is over-rated, although he would probably do well at a club with a more attack minded attitude.

i am realy not sure about him it seems to be that he can not find his good form from witch he had last season but ian hume is the key stricker this year i dont know if you all argree with me but that is my oppion and i think rob kelly should be looking and changing the strike force to see who can play woth hume the best because hammond is good but he misses clear cut chances how do all of you feel ?

i am realy not sure about him it seems to be that he can not find his good form from witch he had last season but ian hume is the key stricker this year i dont know if you all argree with me but that is my oppion and i think rob kelly should be looking and changing the strike force to see who can play woth hume the best because hammond is good but he misses clear cut chances how do all of you feel ?

I feel that you need a dictionary. :unsure:

Not many options other than Hammond though.

I reckon stick Kisnorbo up front. Legend

Hume and Fyatt will come good again, espeically once the midfield start supporting them. Him missing a few sitters is worrying though, i'd stick with him though.

Fyatt did as much inn his 10 minutes on the pitch as Hammond did all game against QPR.

Fyatt did as much inn his 10 minutes on the pitch as Hammond did all game against QPR.

Hammond - 1 good shot

Fryatt - 1 bad miss

Hammond was haring around the pitch until he came off. Fryatt IMO did sweet FA.

It's fair to say this old chestnut would be brought up again after his miss on saturday, but none of you lot were saying this about him last season. It's like reading the flannel that was being spouted about Rooney from the media a few weeks ago and now look what's happened.

Fryatt came to this club as one of the best young strikers in the lower leagues. His record for a severly poor League One side was excellent and his record for England youths was very impressive. He did really well for us last season aswell, but there was still room for improvement.

This season, he's been poor. His poor form coincided with the teams general poor form and he struggled like everyone else did here. I seem to remember Hume coming in for some stick like this not so long ago aswell.

It's fair to say the longer his barron spell goes on the more he's going to be castigated as over-rated, etc. But it's very rare that youngsters such as Fryatt have the reputation and pedigree that they do without good reason.

He's class, but he does lack one thing that when off form or un-fit will always make him look worse than he is and that's pace. Last season he still caused defenders all sorts of problems with his skill, movement and footballing brain. This season he has looked un-fit and then has got a nasty injury, which has cultivated in making him look distictly ordinary. I'm not writing him off yet, I think it's an insult to do so. Because if a player with his ability is classed as over-rated and crap then Mandaric better come and save us because the calibre of player we'll be attracting down here over the next few years without money will be alot more frightening to watch than Matty.

Get off the lads back, he's only 20 for god sake. He's got the best years of his footballing career ahead of him. He's shown what he can do and there's no reason why he can't re-discover that form. All players go through bad patches at times, if we wrote players off every time they had a bad patch then heavens know what would happen. Alot of great players would be got rid of that's for sure.

Hammond - 1 good shot

Fryatt - 1 bad miss

Hammond was haring around the pitch until he came off. Fryatt IMO did sweet FA.

I thought Elvis showed a complete lack of professionalism on saturday. Things didn't go his way so he just gave up the chase.

It's fair to say this old chestnut would be brought up again after his miss on saturday, but none of you lot were saying this about him last season. It's like reading the flannel that was being spouted about Rooney from the media a few weeks ago and now look what's happened.

Fryatt came to this club as one of the best young strikers in the lower leagues. His record for a severly poor League One side was excellent and his record for England youths was very impressive. He did really well for us last season aswell, but there was still room for improvement.

This season, he's been poor. His poor form coincided with the teams general poor form and he struggled like everyone else did here. I seem to remember Hume coming in for some stick like this not so long ago aswell.

It's fair to say the longer his barron spell goes on the more he's going to be castigated as over-rated, etc. But it's very rare that youngsters such as Fryatt have the reputation and pedigree that they do without good reason.

He's class, but he does lack one thing that when off form or un-fit will always make him look worse than he is and that's pace. Last season he still caused defenders all sorts of problems with his skill, movement and footballing brain. This season he has looked un-fit and then has got a nasty injury, which has cultivated in making him look distictly ordinary. I'm not writing him off yet, I think it's an insult to do so. Because if a player with his ability is classed as over-rated and crap then Mandaric better come and save us because the calibre of player we'll be attracting down here over the next few years without money will be alot more frightening to watch than Matty.

Get off the lads back, he's only 20 for god sake. He's got the best years of his footballing career ahead of him. He's shown what he can do and there's no reason why he can't re-discover that form. All players go through bad patches at times, if we wrote players off every time they had a bad patch then heavens know what would happen. Alot of great players would be got rid of that's for sure.

Exactly what I would have said, if I had deemed this thread worthy of a post longer than 1 line.

One thing that most classy strikers have is pace and he aint got it I'm afraid.

I don't care whether he's 20 or 30 he ain't doing the business, I can name countless strikers who were doing the business at 20 so why should his age let him off the hook for poor finishing.

You only had to watch Fryatt's finishing in the warm up before the game to know that once he's fully fit and back on form that he'll be prolific at this level and higher.

its a blatent lack of confidence, fitness or no fitness being able to kick the ball 10yards ahead of yourself shouldn't be too difficult, unfortunately it was on saturday.

One thing that most classy strikers have is pace and he aint got it I'm afraid.

I don't care whether he's 20 or 30 he ain't doing the business, I can name countless strikers who were doing the business at 20 so why should his age let him off the hook for poor finishing.

Most classy strikers, you mean like, ronaldo, bergkamp, shearer, fowler, sherringham, beardsley, rooney, marshall :D , they not got pace but are still quality, pace of mind is what really matters and he has it in abundence!!

Archived