Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Monk

Is Fryatt actually any good?

Let's get one thing straight Matty Fryatt is no Wayne Rooney and trying to compare them is pointless Rooney is World Class, Fryatt may one day be an average premiership player, as things stand now they are worlds apart!!

Rooney is 5 months older then Fryatt but in football terms he has 5 years on him.

He had 25 minutes of Championship football yesterday and the comments on his performance have been indifferent!

Improvement is needed and soon!

Fryatt looked sharp and hungry last night, I think he probably realises he's had a shocking start to the season and he must work hard to fulfill his undoubted potential. You only have to look at how easy he finds it when on the ball compared to Elvis Hammond to realise he's got one thing very few at our club or other clubs have got and that's a natural footballing brain.

He's so composed when he gets the ball, even without that great pace he's often one step ahead of the game and that causes opposition danger.

He's not out of the woods yet, but last night showed me why I have faith in him and why I ridicule Elvis Hammond.

He did more in his 30 minutes than Elvis did in an hour...

He did indeed. I like the way he closes down defenders, him and Hume do it brilliantly. Where as Elvis considering his blistering pace when he hasn't got the ball, just doesn't both closing down opponents.

He did indeed. I like the way he closes down defenders, him and Hume do it brilliantly. Where as Elvis considering his blistering pace when he hasn't got the ball, just doesn't both closing down opponents.

Fryatt is in a different league to Hammond, even though he is still learning his trade, his natural ability is far more prominant then hammonds, who I would say is proabaly a one trick pony (his pace)!! But Hammond does give his all, although so does Fryatt!!!

He seemed pretty decent last night... nothing amazing, but the lad's just comming back from injury that capped a period of poor form and bad luck... if the team get's strengthened in January then I think he'll thrive on improved serivce from midfield and working with an in form Hume... Hammond is nice to have as a back-up, he's daft but he can run and that has it's uses... however I think (taking the midfield as our starting piont) that an either an experianced/ or promising young striker on loan from the prem could really help us up front (WestHam must be willing to get rid of Harewood for a month or four :) ).

He seemed pretty decent last night... nothing amazing, but the lad's just comming back from injury that capped a period of poor form and bad luck... if the team get's strengthened in January then I think he'll thrive on improved serivce from midfield and working with an in form Hume... Hammond is nice to have as a back-up, he's daft but he can run and that has it's uses... however I think (taking the midfield as our starting piont) that an either an experianced/ or promising young striker on loan from the prem could really help us up front (WestHam must be willing to get rid of Harewood for a month or four :) ).

No thanks!

I'd rather have Brevett back :pinch:

Archived