Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

What happens to RK when the new broom sweeps in?

Kelly has done a good job so far and has taken what i see as some unfair critisms.

He has a made a team who did not perform under Levien, perfom to a higher level than they had been.

I personally dont care which high profile manager is avaliable or interested, i dont think Kelly should be replaced. It is only fair he should at least have the whole season. He saved us from relegation last season and we are doing ok this season and all this with no money to spend and a lower budget. Kelly deserves some loyalty and a chance to prove he is the man for the job.

His buys, although on a shoe string budget have been poor. OK Macauley (sp) but he cant get into a full strength line up.

Who knows what he'd bring in given a decent wad but I've always said RK wont take us back to the premiership.

I think he will step down to assistant where he is more comfortable, if and when a better option is available.

I still think Kelly should be ruthless enough to mend our weaknesses, visionary enough to incorporate co-ordinated attacking into his combative, hard-to-beat system but while I will doubtless continue to be critical his results record is excellent for an inexperienced manager, the consistency of effort he gets from his team is especially commendable and we do appear to be slowly improving as a team, visually.

I didn't go to Leeds but have generally enjoyed the other five matches from Southampton through to Stoke and that's heartening cos Sheffield United and Spurs apart, I didn't enjoy watching many of the games last season under either manager.

I was just replying in that poll when it got deleted!! pretty stupid calling it "sack Rob kelly" though.

I do think it is an important issue to discuss though hence this thread. I don't know which Mod deleted or if it was for a merging issue. Feel free to merge this if you like, I just haven't a clue what goes where at the moment.

anyway -

It is a very interesting question that you're quite right to raise.

Obviously sacking Rob would be a crime, he's given no reason so far that he isn't capable of taking this club far.

His strengths seem to be coaching, motivating and of course dealing with the media. What we don't know is how well Rob would do given A few million to spend. it's alright signing young and hungry player on free transfers or a shoe string, but more high profile players who may not know too much about Rob could raise a few issues.

Milan is obviously putting his own had earned cash into the club, so he would be a moron not to look at rob very closely. not only rob, but all the coaches, scouts physios as well.

What we don't want is a clash of egos. Milan might suggest a certain player that Rob might totally disagree with. Saying that, Rob has never came across that he's got any major ego issues. I think he would respect that Milan has injected the cash and i think he wouldn't create any friction.

then you've got to look a Milan. he loves to be on the back page of the paper and seems to wear his shirt on his sleeve. perhaps he wants a high profile manager that he can massage his ego with!

Maybe he might want Rob working more closely with the players getting a director of football in to do the wheeling.

Whatever happens, i would be shocked if R.Kelly is not working for LCFC in some aspect after the takeover. The most obvious thing that I could see is Milan moving Rob to more of a coaching role and Rob saying "no thanks" and fecking off. Even this is highly unlikely, I think Rob will probably just go with the flow.

Whatever happens, i would be shocked if R.Kelly is not working for LCFC in some aspect after the takeover. The most obvious thing that I could see is Milan moving Rob to more of a coaching role and Rob saying "no thanks" and fecking off. Even this is highly unlikely, I think Rob will probably just go with the flow.

I feel that Kelly will not be in the same role in the next 3-6ish months. I do hope he stays at the Club however even if it is only in the same role that he had under CL but with a higher-profile and obviously better Manager. ;):thumbup:

We have to keep him, he could turn out to be one of Englands greatest managers in years to come, and we could say that we got rid of him because at the time we wanted someone better

It would be a serious misjudgement to dump him at this stage of the season. I'd imagine the board would be seeking assurances about his position before selling up.

What annoys me is the way Mandy's would-be minions have suddenly emerged from the woodwork to demand his head, after weeks of being far too cowardly to do so. :angry::angry::angry:

What a load of old booolocks that is. They don't give a toss and why should they?

If they are going to get snooty to someone stumping up 25 million then they and you have lost all sight of reality.

Whoever comes in and how ever much they spend to do so is entitled to bring in Alan Curbishley ( :whistle:;):whistle: ), I mean any manager they see fit.

We have to keep him, he could turn out to be one of Englands greatest managers in years to come, and we could say that we got rid of him because at the time we wanted someone better

England's greatest manager wouldn't have signed Low or Johnson, but lets hope he learns from those disasters.

He wouldn't play Sylla either. :whistle::whistle::whistle:

When your only other alternative is Junior Lowis I would play Sylla everytime.

He wouldn't be my choice either in an ideal world, but this is Leicester City and it's Sylla or a right back or even worse Junior Lowis.

Andy johnson looked like a reasonable signing on paper.

Also, kelly knew we needed to build the squad size and perhaps these are the only players he could get. Afterall with no money what else was he supposed to do.

He wouldn't play Sylla either. :whistle::whistle::whistle:

its the injuries remember!!! :P

dont what others think. kelly got a very good player in mcauley & kenton, an average one (who tries to give something) in low and perhaps then went for johnson before others got him so he panicked. Point being 2/4 free players coming good is an excellent return.

You can't really forget the budget he's had to work with, it's not as if he's been given any sort of kitty to barter with really. He's got in what he can with his only real bargaining power being LCFC's name (McAuley & Low) and the promise of first team football (Kenton & Johnson), and then it's a case of the players actually being available in the first place, gone are the days when gems such as Lennon & Izzet are available as they're already snapped up by larger clubs' recruiting networks or through feeder systems. The signings that haven't come off as yet are purley indicative of the nature of our current position on having to gamble on the Lows & McAuleys of this world, (it's not as if you can try them out and send them back when it doesn't work out) and and not really reflective of the manager himself. Overall I think he's done blo*dy well. Let's not forget in his first managerial role, he's avoided relegation quiet superbly, has at least a 50% transfer success rate (maybe rising if Johnson continues to improve) with no real budget, a successful blooding of young talent, off loading under performers, turning a poor start around impressively. Personally I think he could turn out to be a great manager, all the signs are there, he has a lot to learn and needs time (like many inexperienced players) and I think if Milan is willing to invest upwards of 25 mill, he's not stupid, he knows our history and will see the need for consistency. He must and will stay surely.

All things considered Rob Kelly has done a great job and I for one would love to see him stay on as manager. I think he has the potential to go on and achieve good things and what better way to do that than with a rejuvented Leicester?

It's all very well for people to glibly say we should get in a 'top class' manager, but who would that be exactly? Apart from Alan Curbishley perhaps, I can't think of anybody who particularly fits the bill.

Given how RK has brought us back from the brink of the abyss I feel he should at least be given a chance.

McAuley was a gamble that's turned out quite nicely. :yesyes:

A 'League Two defender' as he's affectionately known who's proved his worth two leagues higher. Can't say fairer than that. Excellent signing. :worship:

Kenton's a solid addition to the squad, so Kelly must take some of the credit - though some may argue he cheated a little as we'd already had Kenton in on loan. :P

Rob Kelly has done a fantastic job so far considering the circumstances he found himself in when he took over...

Some say that the team has been uninspiring, true enough, but he has made us difficult to beat and like all good managers has got the defence pretty much sorted wth the players at his disposal, and in the last few games there has been signs that things are beginning to happen up front as well.

The bloke has a very young squad, no money to spend, has brought in some potentially good young players and brought in some experience.... He has managed to mould what was a possible relegation outfit into a team that could possibly reach the playoffs even without Milan Mandaric's help

When your only other alternative is Junior Lowis I would play Sylla everytime.

He wouldn't be my choice either in an ideal world, but this is Leicester City and it's Sylla or a right back or even worse Junior Lowis.

I've said before. If you haven't got the players for the system - change the system.

Archived