Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

What happens to RK when the new broom sweeps in?

If the Mandaric takeover is imminent the question really does arise - where will that leave Rob Kelly.

Kelly's record with City - especially for a novice manager - is impressive. Until recently it's never been good to watch and I never get the feeling we'll ever get the brakes off and start to look genuinely exciting.

But, the facts speak for themselves and Kelly seems a far better prospect that some of the illustrious but managerially indifferent names I've heard mentioned as an alternative.

Anyway, what's your thoughts. Should he stay as manager, be given a new role, be told thanks but no thanks or what?

It would be a serious misjudgement to dump him at this stage of the season. I'd imagine the board would be seeking assurances about his position before selling up.

What annoys me is the way Mandy's would-be minions have suddenly emerged from the woodwork to demand his head, after weeks of being far too cowardly to do so. :angry::angry::angry:

Keep him as manager. :yesyes:

His record, so far, is slightly above the average of all city managers since 1896 or around then (average win-rate is 37% I think, compared to Rob's 40-something).

He's done well considering the situation he found himself in, the resources he had and the money he's spent. So far so good, he has to stay. I think he could prove himself a good manager over time. ;)

I will be sorely disappointed if RK is dumped by any prospective owners. Especially if his replacement isn't Alan Curbishley or Martin O'Neil. :ph34r:

Keep him as manager. :yesyes:

His record, so far, is slightly above the average of all city managers since 1896 or around then (average win-rate is 37% I think, compared to Rob's 40-something).

He's done well considering the situation he found himself in, the resources he had and the money he's spent. So far so good, he has to stay. I think he could prove himself a good manager over time. ;)

I will be sorely disappointed if RK is dumped by any prospective owners. Especially if his replacement isn't Alan Curbishley or Martin O'Neil. :ph34r:

It may not be in concrete and it is the daily mail but...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...in_page_id=1779

Rob Kelly simply has to stay.

I guess it will all depend on a) when he/they takeover b) the likelihood of play-offs etc, if they are in soon then they can expect to get players in on loan and have a foray into the market in Jan, if he gets us into a decnt position, they will keep him.

He will require assistance in the Prem.

:whistle:

I guess it will all depend on a) when he/they takeover b) the likelihood of play-offs etc, if they are in soon then they can expect to get players in on loan and have a foray into the market in Jan, if he gets us into a decnt position, they will keep him.

He will require assistance in the Prem.

:whistle:

I would think if he continues as he is then he will get a chanc until the summer, as Mandaric will not be expecting promotion this season - by all acounts he wasn't planning to buy now, but wait until the playoffs were a distant hope. It sounds like only the alternatives coming from the US (genuine according to the FT) have rushed him to the table now. You don't generally buy when there is a bididing war in the offing, it's bad business if there are alternatives around.

For the time being you've got to retain him... unless somone like Curbishley or perhaps Newell where interested... however i think it would be an idea to bring in somone with more experiance to assist him, esspeically with regards to purchasing players etc...

You need a manager that can attract good players, eg Alan Curbishley, i'd retain RK as a coach though which i think he would be happy to do as he was reluctant to take the job in the first place.

With money he is a bit of a risk - RK seems to be a good coach but i'm unsure about whether he can cut it in the transfer market. P taylor was/is a fairly good coach but had no idea how to spend the money we threw at him.

If the Mandaric takeover is imminent the question really does arise - where will that leave Rob Kelly.

Kelly's record with City - especially for a novice manager - is impressive. Until recently it's never been good to watch and I never get the feeling we'll ever get the brakes off and start to look genuinely exciting.

But, the facts speak for themselves and Kelly seems a far better prospect that some of the illustrious but managerially indifferent names I've heard mentioned as an alternative.

Anyway, what's your thoughts. Should he stay as manager, be given a new role, be told thanks but no thanks or what?

I think it depends on whether Mandric rates RK and whether RK is willing to becomes Mandrics man. I suspect he is a hard task master and will want his own man in number one slot, it may be RK, he may have other ideas.

if anything happens with mandy then he will probably keep RK on at least till the summer to see how he does with a couple of million to spend around the next transfer window and whether RK could get us into and keep us in the premier league.

with major investment though we would become very attractive to ambitious managers who otherwise wouldnt be interested.

when fayed took over fulham he dismissed a relatively successful adams and placed keegan in charge and they went onto establish themselves in the prem , i guess its all down to whether any major investor could see kelly as a prem manager.

We will certainly need a wheeler and dealer. I’m not sure Kelly is really experienced enough to be trusted with our new kitty. We’ve had money before and blew it so we cannot risk making the same mistake.

That's the only situation in which a Director of Football role makes any sense to me. Having an older head with transfer market experience on a part time basis to assist with transfer negotiations etc. might not be a bad idea.

I certainly think RK deserves a chance to show what he can do.

Simon

That's the only situation in which a Director of Football role makes any sense to me. Having an older head with transfer market experience on a part time basis to assist with transfer negotiations etc. might not be a bad idea.

I certainly think RK deserves a chance to show what he can do.

Simon

Hi Simon,

I agree that maybe the DOF could be the answer while we give Kelly the chance. If the transction takes place before the transfer window which allows Kelly some funds to bring new players, I believe if we don't at least make the play offs then he should be given the chop.

Master Fox.

Get a grip man (?), the forum is not full of cowards, there are no legions demanding Kelly's head ~ you are being a fool.

You obviously haven't seen the posts on here and Talking Balls suggesting whom he should bring in to replace RK.

They assume that if he arrives, RK will leave.

And there's nothing to suggest that with Mandy's track record with bosses, they'd be wrong!

It would be a serious misjudgement to dump him at this stage of the season. I'd imagine the board would be seeking assurances about his position before selling up.

What annoys me is the way Mandy's would-be minions have suddenly emerged from the woodwork to demand his head, after weeks of being far too cowardly to do so. :angry::angry::angry:

The question is does MM think RK is the man to get us promoted and to keep us up?

I'd have to say no.

Saying that, it would be a misjudgement to dump him straight away.

..................although I can't for one minute imagine the board giving two hoots as to his future and doubt assurances would be mentioned if at all thought about.

You obviously haven't seen the posts on here and Talking Balls suggesting whom he should bring in to replace RK.

They assume that if he arrives, RK will leave.

And there's nothing to suggest that with Mandy's track record with bosses, they'd be wrong!

Leicester "fickle" City. People have been blinded by £Â£Ã‚£Ã‚£Ã‚£Ã‚£Ã‚£Ã‚£'s already.

Archived