Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wils

Good News.

Patrick Kisnorbo: Desperate to get back for Leicester

By Patrick Kisnorbo - November 06, 2006

Leicester City defender Patrick Kisnorbo is desperate to shake off a knee injury and get back into the thick of the action.

I was gutted to miss Saturday's defeat at Sheffield Wednesday.

I feel I'm playing some of my best football since arriving at Leicester City, but I have this nagging knock to me my knee, which has kept me out for the Owls match and also against Stoke City last week.

It's not just defensively I feel strong - I actually fancy myself scoring everytime I get into the opposition's penalty area. I did set myself a target to improve my goals record this season - and to be going toe-to-toe with Iain Hume as the club's top scorer ain't too bad at all!

I have to say the goals are purely through the service coming from our midfield. I joked with the Leicester Mercury last week that they're 'made in Australia' because a couple have come via passes from Danny Tiatto. But it's got an element of truth to it. We have some great passers in this squad, Andy Johnson, Stephen Hughes, Danny, who all can find you in amongst a sea of bodies in the box. I've added a couple of kilos to my frame since arriving from Hearts, so I always feel well capable of reaching the ball should a chance come my way.

Geez, it was frustrating being forced to sit out Saturday's game. There's nothing worse than watching your teammates battling for a result and you're stuck in the stands.

Look, I do believe it was just a blip on Saturday. We have a few injury worries, but the lads have pulled together and our recent run had us looking at the playoff places before we went to Hillsborough.

I know some people are saying we're distracted because of Milan Mandaric's move for the club. But in all honesty, it's simply not a factor. Yeah, we've discussed it, like we talk about all sorts of things happening around the club. But you have to remember it's been a huge couple of weeks for Leicester. We had Martin O'Neill's return to Walkers stadium - and what a fantastic night that was - plus the little run we just went on collecting points against decent opposition. There's been so much going on, Mr Mandaric's move for the club is just another aspect of life here at Leicester!

I was at Hearts when Vladimir Romanov took over the reigns there. I'd already agreed to join Leicester when the takeover was completed, but obviously there was a lot of change there at Tynecastle - and it's still going on now! But change is part of a footballer's life, so talk that some of the lads have been unsettled because of reports of a takeover are simply wide of the mark.

Well, our next league game is going to be a cracker - at home to Plymouth. We've been getting some fantastic crowds at Walkers stadium and I expect the place to be rocking again for the visit of Argyle. It should be a great game. Both teams have a lot of speedy players and we're both coming off defeats. It's basically a must-win for both teams - it's going to be something special.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=17291

OS

Aussi Duo back in Training.

;)

Super. Two more defensive players to add to the 7 we had last week. Reminds me of the Wickes brick wall ad - Just The Job.

Of course it's good news. And it's good PR to lighten the mood. Perhaps tomorrow he''ll have something nice to say about any attackers we might be able to play.

Super. Two more defensive players to add to the 7 we had last week. Reminds me of the Wickes brick wall ad - Just The Job.

Of course it's good news. And it's good PR to lighten the mood. Perhaps tomorrow he''ll have something nice to say about any attackers we might be able to play.

Stop being sanctimonious, Kisnorbo is a very good centre half and in my opinion Weso can play as a attacking midfielder because his passing is quality at times. What attackers, other than Hume, Fryatt and an injured Williams do the club have that can perform consistently well.

Stop being sanctimonious, Kisnorbo is a very good centre half and in my opinion Weso can play as a attacking midfielder because his passing is quality at times. What attackers, other than Hume, Fryatt and an injured Williams do the club have that can perform consistently well.

King, Chambers, Odhiambo, McKay, Gradel.

There, I've saved you the bother.

When did I say Kisnorbo was not a good centre-back?. He'd be the first name on the sheet for me. Bar none.

As for attackers, although I quite rate him, I've not actually seen Williams playing consistently - or Fryatt for that matter this season but then people think I'm biased!

Thank holy fook for that!! I'd be happy to welcome Weso back in for Johnson and Kisnorbo back in for Paddy Macattack on Saturday (just so he has a bit more time to let his face recover :) ) Great news and hopefully both will stay fit now!!

That's the gratitude I get for saving the world from another post about how the kids can pass and move better than Stephen Hughes.

You carry your torch for Huhesy by all means and we'll see what Leicester ever win by the end of his career with us.

You carry your torch for Huhesy by all means and we'll see what Leicester ever win by the end of his career with us.

I'll be suprised if we lift a trophy of any consequence again duriny my lifetime never mind yours (no offence). With or without Milan Mandaric. So that statement is a bit daft.

I'll be suprised if we lift a trophy of any consequence again duriny my lifetime never mind yours (no offence). With or without Milan Mandaric. So that statement is a bit daft.

I dunno why it's daft. We've won trophies or reached finals when we've not expected it in the past. There's not much point being a Leicester fan if you cannot believe in miracles.

And even if the first team don't win anything, there's always the Academy who do. It's one of the nice things about not being a glory hunter ... as least you can find something to celebrate somewhere ... unless they ban us from watching that team next season.

And even if the first team don't win anything, there's always the Academy who do. It's one of the nice things about not being a glory hunter ... as least you can find something to celebrate somewhere ... unless they ban us from watching that team next season.

from my point of view the academy could win everything and it would mean absolutely nothing to me, if these lads in 5 years time have several academy trophies to sit along side their first shirt won when they end up playing for blyth spartans it is useless. it is only if they actually make the grade and are at least half decent for the pros that i'd celebrate

Archived