Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lookwhaticando

Porter marks his return with a goal

Shame he didn't hit that shot on the edge of the box from the corner like scholesy :P

I didn't compare Levi to Scholes. It is hard to imagine anyone I'd compare to Scholes. I just used Scholes' as an example of the one Levi would be best in, a role he played so often in the Reserves towards the end of his time at that level.

I didn't compare Levi to Scholes. It is hard to imagine anyone I'd compare to Scholes. I just used Scholes' as an example of the one Levi would be best in, a role he played so often in the Reserves towards the end of his time at that level.

I know, I wasn't being totally serious in my response by the way (hence the :P) :thumbup:

One thing I notivced about him was that whenever we got possesion he would immediately go right to the touch line and be shouting for the ball, which I would guess helped stretch their defenders across the park.

With Leicester you can never feel genuinely ecstatic because you know there always going to be some further drama of the self mutilation sort.

But of course I was delighted Porter scored:

a) Because we had such a great chance to win a difficult match.

b) Because it helped justify my faith in him.

c) Because I'm pleased about any player scoring for us although first goal's are always special.

d) Because I was amazed so many people - especially those smug commentators - had barely raised the question of his absence and virtually ignored the good work he's done for us this season.

e) Because there's a greater chance he'll play a part in the next game which means that, briefly at least, we're one step closer to a proper football team.

However, I was also pleased Momo made a goal, that Humey continued his cracking run by netting the first and that Logan made a cracking save to stop us losing. Winning football matches is about the contribution of everyone.

d) Because I was amazed so many people - especially those smug commentators - had barely raised the question of his absence and virtually ignored the good work he's done for us this season.

I was made up for the lad, and *hat off* it was well taken, but was the product of a defensive cock-up.

I am still waiting for him to produce something where I go 'wow'. I take your word for it Thrac that he is out of position. To date, I haven't seen him display anything that justifies his place in the team over Tiatto.

But...having been miserable and negative - well done Porter :appl:

I was made up for the lad, and *hat off* it was well taken, but was the product of a defensive cock-up.

I am still waiting for him to produce something where I go 'wow'. I take your word for it Thrac that he is out of position. To date, I haven't seen him display anything that justifies his place in the team over Tiatto.

But...having been miserable and negative - well done Porter :appl:

I don't see Tiatto as a particular weakness in our team although I do worry about his constant injuries.

Nor do I see any reason Tiatto and Porter cannot play in the same team in fact I think playing together would probably give both more freedom of movement.

They are eminently interchangeable in midfield. Both can pass and move. If memory serves I even wanted Tiatto at left back and Porter left wing at the start of the season because they were mobile and both natural left-siders.

Versatility is a major strength of both players...and stamina.

A problem with Welsh is that he doesn't move inside naturally and he's not an especially good supporting player when he moves back.

A problem with Welsh is that he doesn't move inside naturally and he's not an especially good supporting player when he moves back.

I seem to remember you posting that Tiatto's tendency to move inside was one of his failings :P

Welsh isn't providing killer balls into the box - lovely runs, but no end product.

I seem to remember you posting that Tiatto's tendency to move inside was one of his failings :P

Welsh isn't providing killer balls into the box - lovely runs, but no end product.

If only we could combine Welsh and Porter into one single player, we might have a truly great winger on our hands. :ph34r:

Welsh is not good enough for me to be honest. He hasn't had a good game yet for a while and I'd much rather put Levi or Tiatto on the left instead of him.

I thought he was OK going forward against Villa :rolleyes: Or maybe that was just because we had Sylla and Low playing, and they made him look good?? :unsure:

With regards to playing Tiatto or Levi on the left instead of Welsh - Play Tiatto in the first 45 (as he is normally effective for about that long before some form of injury comes up) and see how far into the second period he can carry on, and then bring on Levi 'cos he is a different prospect to facing Tiatto. And he'll be fresh when their winger/defender will hopefully be tired.

I thought he was OK going forward against Villa :rolleyes: Or maybe that was just because we had Sylla and Low playing, and they made him look good?? :unsure:

With regards to playing Tiatto or Levi on the left instead of Welsh - Play Tiatto in the first 45 (as he is normally effective for about that long before some form of injury comes up) and see how far into the second period he can carry on, and then bring on Levi 'cos he is a different prospect to facing Tiatto. And he'll be fresh when their winger/defender will hopefully be tired.

Is it a modern trend to view footballers as part-timers? We'll soon reach the situation where we have no players capable of a 90-minute stint. Good for the Players Union I suppose. But no bloody good for our bank balance. No wonder we've got over 30 players on our squad list when we really need 20-24 tops.

Is it a modern trend to view footballers as part-timers?

That's fooking ridiculous. I don't view footballers as part-timers. And I also think that footballers should be able to play at least 2 games a week without feeling no adverse/ill effects. But the fact of the matter is that half of our squad is either injury prone or useless, and can only last 55 minutes to an hour at best.

Is it a modern trend to view footballers as part-timers? We'll soon reach the situation where we have no players capable of a 90-minute stint. Good for the Players Union I suppose. But no bloody good for our bank balance. No wonder we've got over 30 players on our squad list when we really need 20-24 tops.

Another feature of modern football is the manager saying:

"with a small squad like ours we know it will be difficult, but I'm not complaining (sic)"

as well as

"we're down to the bare bones this weekend, but whichever 11 names I put on the teamsheet blah blah blah"

Kelly's not alone in this, but as you say, just how many players do you need?

That's fooking ridiculous. I don't view footballers as part-timers. And I also think that footballers should be able to play at least 2 games a week without feeling no adverse/ill effects. But the fact of the matter is that half of our squad is either injury prone or useless, and can only last 55 minutes to an hour at best.

I can sort of see what you're trying to say and it's not 100% contradictory but he's hardly being "fooking ridiculous" here. You blatantly do view our players as being "part-time", rightly or wrongly.

which still means poor no desire to win anything

Thats a little unfair, I thought he (Sylla) was one of our better players on the day. Yes he made mistakes, but he gave it his all and created some good chances for us. Which is more than can be said of Welsh.

Porter did well. The chance may have been down to a defensive error, but you still have to take the chance- Chopra missed from a much better position for Cardiff, so all credit to the lad :thumbup:

Archived