Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

The Case for Louis Dodds

Dodds should get a chance at Leicester. My only concern is the same concern I have with Fryatt, that we don't play the right type of football for strikers like Fryatt and Dodds. Neither of them are particularly quick and neither of them are good in the air or have a footballing engine similar to Iain Hume's. Having said that, Dodds is a fantastic finisher and makes chances for himself so it would be only fair to see what he can do. I don't think he'd look out of place at this level, his footballing CV at youth and reserve level is as good as any youngsters in this country I would have thought.

Dodds should get a go. It's ridiculous that someone with his record hasn't had a chance. What's the point of a reserve or youth team if someone can score so many goals and not get promoted to the first team squad. Having said that, I'll hold fire til he gets back from Northwich. Fingers crossed he'll get a chance then.

Absolutely right Fezzler.

I might appoint you as my official spokesperson. My proxy opinioner.

Indeed, I've seen nothing that Fryatt does which Dodds can't do but Dodds uses his team-mates better and I'd imagine scores a far wider range of goals than Fryatt has shown he might score so far. Interesting too that even Walsall are flying high for a change now he's left. Could be coincidence, but I've not been at all impressed with Fryatt this season. He's not looked fit and he's not been sharp.

yeah, give the lad a chance for sure but the service for fryatt has been a joke!!!

pick the right guys to give him that service he needs. johnson, tiatto, sylla, low, welsh etc

any of those guys are not good enough to provide it.

dodds would probably struggle to score

Indeed, I've seen nothing that Fryatt does which Dodds can't do but Dodds uses his team-mates better and I'd imagine scores a far wider range of goals than Fryatt has shown he might score so far. Interesting too that even Walsall are flying high for a change now he's left. Could be coincidence, but I've not been at all impressed with Fryatt this season. He's not looked fit and he's not been sharp.

yeah, give the lad a chance for sure but the service for fryatt has been a joke!!!

pick the right guys to give him that service he needs. johnson, tiatto, sylla, low, welsh etc

Flying high? they got f***ing relegated after he left, that might be why they are "flying high" they're in a lower division :rolleyes:

fryatt was quality for us last season but then last season we had a decent midfield and a reserve team to help keep players match fit which is a lot different from just being fit from working out in a gym and running a few miles.

fryatt needs games just like hume did when he wasnt scoring for us though fryatt has scored one goal since his return two and a quarter games ago :thumbup:

if dodds does well enough he will get his chance , the fact he wasnt allowed to play in the F.A. cup game means he hasnt been forgotten. just like logan last season he is being given experience in full blooded league matches.

its not the strikeforce which is a major problem , its the midfield which struggles to feed them and to protect the back four. if our current strikers and defenders were the same as our midfield we would probably be playing in forest place in div1 next season. the fact that one of our defenders is playing in the center at present just shows how weak it is.

fryatt was quality for us last season but then last season we had a decent midfield and a reserve team to help keep players match fit which is a lot different from just being fit from working out in a gym and running a few miles.

fryatt needs games just like hume did when he wasnt scoring for us though fryatt has scored one goal since his return two and a quarter games ago :thumbup:

if dodds does well enough he will get his chance , the fact he wasnt allowed to play in the F.A. cup game means he hasnt been forgotten. just like logan last season he is being given experience in full blooded league matches.

its not the strikeforce which is a major problem , its the midfield which struggles to feed them and to protect the back four. if our current strikers and defenders were the same as our midfield we would probably be playing in forest place in div1 next season. the fact that one of our defenders is playing in the center at present just shows how weak it is.

Not necessarily.

It could mean a cup-tied player is more difficult to sell.

Not saying that is the case, but you can't necessarily read one thing in to us not allowing him to play in that FA cup game.

Dodds needs to prove himself capable of scoring 20 goals in Northwich's season before he will get a run in the Champioship............

whats with this prove yourself at another team and then play for us lark, why not just play for us, learn the trade from us and be a part of the team and team spirit with us. are we not good enough to get these players experienced and bonded?

whats with this prove yourself at another team and then play for us lark, why not just play for us, learn the trade from us and be a part of the team and team spirit with us. are we not good enough to get these players experienced and bonded?

because he is unproven in a first team game would mean dropping an experienced player and lets say you do and the lad has a nightmare , it could shatter his confidence and the crowd wouldnt want him anywhere near the team. it would also lead to poeple questioning the managers decision making.

not to mention most of the big prem teams do this kind of thing with their youngsters.

Oh shit, yeah! :D

I meant, they aren't even very good at that level. Before Dodds went there they were really struggling to score goals.

They're hardly the worst team in the league, bottom half granted.

This is true, but Paul Brayson has scored 3 in 4 for them as well, however I still wouldn't fancy signing him.

because he is unproven in a first team game would mean dropping an experienced player and lets say you do and the lad has a nightmare , it could shatter his confidence and the crowd wouldnt want him anywhere near the team. it would also lead to poeple questioning the managers decision making.

not to mention most of the big prem teams do this kind of thing with their youngsters.

ok ok , his confidence would be shattered, then if he is having a stinker take him off or offer him protection, there is no 1 in team, im sure you have heard that 1. If he is not ready for the LCFC team then why should we ship him out to pick up bad habbits? why not feed him in bit by bit for the last 30 or 45 mins when we are in the lead. surley this is better than packing them off to a 3rd rate team

So are you saying that Conrad Logan should have played a whole season on loan last season and kept 'x' amount of clean sheets before being considered for a first team place at Leicester. Are you saying Richard Stearman, James Wesolowski and Levi Porter should all of proved themselves elsewhere on loan before being allowed in our first team?

I am all for our youngsters going on loan to gain experience, but some of them don't need it. Some get their chance and take it with both hands and never look back. It isn't imperitive that they get first team experience before playing for us, it's only beneficial if we aren't prepared to give them a chance straight the way. What with the lack of reserve games now.

ok ok , his confidence would be shattered, then if he is having a stinker take him off or offer him protection, there is no 1 in team, im sure you have heard that 1. If he is not ready for the LCFC team then why should we ship him out to pick up bad habbits? why not feed him in bit by bit for the last 30 or 45 mins when we are in the lead. surley this is better than packing them off to a 3rd rate team

:blink: i assume you mean there is no 'i' in team though what that has to do with youngsters getting experience :blink: and why would they pick up bad habits :blink: i seriously doubt that the lower leagues are filled with heathens who molest chickens , forest aside :thumbup:

the system of sending youngsters out to get experience works , we either get a better player back or a sale on a player that the manager thinks is surplus. if its good enough for the chelskis and manures of the world its good enough for us :thumbup:

So are you saying that Conrad Logan should have played a whole season on loan last season and kept 'x' amount of clean sheets before being considered for a first team place at Leicester. Are you saying Richard Stearman, James Wesolowski and Levi Porter should all of proved themselves elsewhere on loan before being allowed in our first team?

I am all for our youngsters going on loan to gain experience, but some of them don't need it. Some get their chance and take it with both hands and never look back. It isn't imperitive that they get first team experience before playing for us, it's only beneficial if we aren't prepared to give them a chance straight the way. What with the lack of reserve games now.

here here, well said my friend ric.

we seem to want to send every1 out on loan its not good, conrad is in the team out of luck not out of being picked out right, he has taken his chance. we need to give young players a run in the team b4 judging them.

agreed about forest tho. lol

do not put words into my mouth thankyou very much , leave those kind of tactics to ultra :P

poeple here have the intellect to understand what im saying without having to put in an essay on the subject.

its a system that works for some players , if it didnt it wouldnt exist .

do not put words into my mouth thankyou very much , leave those kind of tactics to ultra :P

poeple here have the intellect to understand what im saying without having to put in an essay on the subject.

yes and we seem to be overusing this system i think..no reserve team is a problem.

Dodds needs to prove himself capable of scoring 20 goals in Northwich's season before he will get a run in the Champioship............

Why does he need to do that. He's already done that three season's running here and I doubt Northwich would be any better than Leicester's reserves at the end of last season.

Referring to some of the other commentary whereas most of us are concerned about the lack of creativity in midfield that shouldn't disguise the fact that Hume is scoring freely in our pass-starved forward line but Fryatt, Hammond and O'Grady before them are/were not.

So fears about a novice replacing an experienced player can't be especially great seeing that whoever's being replaced is hardly on fire and the availability of substitutions allows a manager to replace anyone who is glaringly letting the side down, which I cannot imagine would be the case with Dodds anyway cos it's never happened yet.

He's not some new signing. He's played with all the first team and reserve players at Leicester for a long time now. He knows the style of play, the manager's requirements and the people he's likely to be alongside. It is just excuse-making to suggest he might not cope.

Anyone might not cope. Kenton scored an own goal to cost us a match earlier in the season. Anyone can cock up but it's no more likely with Dodds than with Logan or Kisnorbo or Hume, perhaps, missing a penalty.

Why does he need to do that. He's already done that three season's running here and I doubt Northwich would be any better than Leicester's reserves at the end of last season.

Referring to some of the other commentary whereas most of us are concerned about the lack of creativity in midfield that shouldn't disguise the fact that Hume is scoring freely in our pass-starved forward line but Fryatt, Hammond and O'Grady before them are/were not.

So fears about a novice replacing an experienced player can't be especially great seeing that whoever's being replaced is hardly on fire and the availability of substitutions allows a manager to replace anyone who is glaringly letting the side down, which I cannot imagine would be the case with Dodds anyway cos it's never happened yet.

He's not some new signing. He's played with all the first team and reserve players at Leicester for a long time now. He knows the style of play, the manager's requirements and the people he's likely to be alongside. It is just excuse-making to suggest he might not cope.

Anyone might not cope. Kenton scored an own goal to cost us a match earlier in the season. Anyone can cock up but it's no more likely with Dodds than with Logan or Kisnorbo or Hume, perhaps, missing a penalty.

Fryatt has touch, Fryatt can pass, Fryatt works hard, Fryatt contributes to the team effort. Fryatt is also the same age as Louis Dodds and has a better youth level goal scoreing record and needless to say a better first team one, Fryatt has the potential to be something special if he's encouraged to develop.

However if you want to put Dodds on the bench instead of Elvis, I'm all for it.

Perhaps explain yourself a bit more then. Perhaps I haven't got the intelligence to realise what you were implying. :D

Got to say I totally agree with you on this one - every player makes a mistake in their career - it's how they bounce back from it that counts. Beckham cocked up big time in France in 98, but he bounced back pretty well.......

Dodds surely has to be given a go - hopefully the loan spell is just to get match fitness, and he'll be thrown in when he returns. Kelly has already said he's the best finisher at the club, so it's hopefully just a matter of time.

Archived