Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in a Box

in the kop?

I'm sorry, but that's like me saying the Kop is full of kids that go and spit at other Leicester City supporters just because it has been reported on here by people sitting in the Kop at one game. Not everyone in L1 is a 14 year old dressed like a chav.

Can you describe what a "footy fan" looks like to me?

I didn't say they were I said that was 'my perception' it also a description I've since heard from various others, both LCFC and Away supporters. Of course not everyone is like that, I have couple of freinds that have season tickets in there and they are nothing like that.

But there's no denying how I felt. I didn't like the way they were baiting and reacting to the away supporters - the problem for me is it all comes across as childish agression, there's no humour involved, well not when I was in there and absolutely no comparison to how it used to be in the Kop at Filbert Street.

As for the 'footy fan' comment that's was tongue in cheek hence my duck behind the wall comment, it wasn't my intention to cause offence but to explain why I didn't like it in there.

I didn't say they were I said that was 'my perception' it also a description I've since heard from various others, both LCFC and Away supporters. Of course not everyone is like that, I have couple of freinds that have season tickets in there and they are nothing like that.

But there's no denying how I felt. I didn't like the way they were baiting and reacting to the away supporters - the problem for me is it all comes across as childish agression, there's no humour involved, well not when I was in there and absolutely no comparison to how it used to be in the Kop at Filbert Street.

As for the 'footy fan' comment that's was tongue in cheek hence my duck behind the wall comment, it wasn't my intention to cause offence but to explain why I didn't like it in there.

Ok then, it's never going to be like the Kop at Filbert Street. Times change, but it's never going to be anything like it used to until more people move there. A lot of the people doing the baiting proabbly never sat in the Kop at Filbert Street so it's difficult for them to re-create the kind of humour that there used to be.

I'm sorry, but that's like me saying the Kop is full of kids that go and spit at other Leicester City supporters just because it has been reported on here by people sitting in the Kop at one game. Not everyone in L1 is a 14 year old dressed like a chav.

Can you describe what a "footy fan" looks like to me?

I totally agree. Yes there is many childish yobs that are present in L1 but for everyone of them, there is a person "who looks like a footy fan."

I tried it for one game and found the whole experience totally embarrassing. The perception I got and this has been confirmed by away fan's comments is that it's full of 14 year olds dressed in Burbury giving a two finger salute and singing you're a small town in "xxxxxxxxxx".

Call me an old git if you like but that's not for me. I'll stick with the Kop at least they look like footy fans even if it takes some decent footy to get them going.

Ducks behind wall awaiting protests from L1ers

I'll join you behind that wall mate because I think exactly the same.

because of the whole thing I am considering just buying away tickets next season and not bothering with a season ticket at all.

however I do like the sound of the 'all-singers-season-tickets-in-the-same-area-in-the-kop' idea, and that should get going.

L1 may well be full of "14 year old chavs" but atleast those "14 year old chavs" sing and get behind the team. WE (in L1) sing almost all game, but no-one else seems to want to join in, for whatever reason. Fair enough, and if you don't like the atmosphere in L1 then fine. But it seems asthough L1 is the only place in the ground where there is a real contigent of fans who want to stand and sing.

Although i get the feeling that most fans (not all) just aren't that bothered with singing for 90 minutes and creating a real good atmosphere.

The solution for me would be either

1) moving the aways fans, which is never going to happen, to the east stand corner of the kop.

2) moving the kop next to the Away fans, which would mean anyone who sat there knew what they were getting themselves in for and wouldn't complain about standing, and wold join in with singing, like at filbo.

This would create a much better atmosphere in the walkers.

I think the foxes trust should get togeher with fans, and the club and organise the prospect of getting a section of the ground for the fans that want to stand and sing.

I'll join you behind that wall mate because I think exactly the same.

because of the whole thing I am considering just buying away tickets next season and not bothering with a season ticket at all.

however I do like the sound of the 'all-singers-season-tickets-in-the-same-area-in-the-kop' idea, and that should get going.

Agreed, the problem is that some of the non singers\family types like the atmosphere, so they sit in the kop expecting it to be rocking but unfortunately there are so many of them, that the few that do sing don't get heard!!

I rarely sing, but many times I have done due to what happens on the pitch, sometimes the emotions and exitement just overspill......I can't remember many occassions that happening for the last 3 seasons!!!

Ok then, it's never going to be like the Kop at Filbert Street. Times change, but it's never going to be anything like it used to until more people move there. A lot of the people doing the baiting proabbly never sat in the Kop at Filbert Street so it's difficult for them to re-create the kind of humour that there used to be.

You're probably right and I do respect your views, I've probably been overly harsh but I did find the whole atmosphere distasteful.

Maybe I was there on a bad day because I don't remember hearing one song supporting the team they were all aimed at the away support, I know that happens in the KOP, when they do sing and also at Filbert St but it was mixed in with a majority of City supporting songs unlike my experience of L1.

I just don't understand this continual baiting and hating of away fans, fair enough the occassional comedic rendition and piss-take but to me vocal support should be in the main about supporting your team and outsinging the oppo whilst doing it.

You're probably right and I do respect your views, I've probably been overly harsh but I did find the whole atmosphere distasteful.

Maybe I was there on a bad day because I don't remember hearing one song supporting the team they were all aimed at the away support, I know that happens in the KOP, when they do sing and also at Filbert St but it was mixed in with a majority of City supporting songs unlike my experience of L1.

I just don't understand this continual baiting and hating of away fans, fair enough the occassional comedic rendition and piss-take but to me vocal support should be in the main about supporting your team and outsinging the oppo whilst doing it.

I'd agree I used to sit in the, what can loosely be termed as, the Kop. There is simply no atmosphere. I moved over to K now which is next to L1. L1 at the back is just filled with Baby Squad wannabee 14yr olds who invaded K for the Villa game.

There is never going to be any atmosphere like the old kop at Filbert Street IMO.

some people seem to have a severely rose-tinted memory of what the kop at filbo was like, i've heard many stories about its hey-day but when i was sitting there in the last few years it seemed to be very similar to the chavvy, away fan abusing antics (except with more throwing coins at them) of L1...not that I have a problem with that, just the people on here acting like it was simply a respectable sing-song

some people seem to have a severely rose-tinted memory of what the kop at filbo was like, i've heard many stories about its hey-day but when i was sitting there in the last few years it seemed to be very similar to the chavvy, away fan abusing antics (except with more throwing coins at them) of L1...not that I have a problem with that, just the people on here acting like it was simply a respectable sing-song

I would agree with that. The kop wasnt whiter than white granted but you never felt that if you looked at a fan the wrong way he was gonna bang you out. The kop was more laid back and had a great atmosphere.

I think one year 'Yorkie' of all companies did a survey on loudest Premiership grounds and the Kop won it for the game against Chelsea.

I don't think it is about people trying to recreate an atmosphere as it will never happen due to the completely differant environment of the two grounds. it about having a good time a sing and being a bit abusive to the oppo fans but not over the top. We seem to be a club where the fans lack the passion to get behind their team and its difficult to accept for people who want a good atmosphere, to be honest i dont enjoy the home matches as much anymore due to the lack of atmosphere created, it seems that you can stand sing and be as loud as you like but some miserable feckers just aint gonna sing. :yawn:

Seems to me this issue gets brought up on the forums at least a couple of times a month. I don't think anything is going to happen at the stadium (i.e. move kop, unreserved seats etc) to change the situation either.

Seems to me that the majority of fans are reactive, as opposed to proactive, when it comes to singing. That is, they need the team to give them some incentive to make some noise.

Given that the first half against Preston was possibly the most insipid and uninspired performance I've seen this season, is it any suprise the crowd was quiet?

If performances improve, so will the atmosphere. It really is as simple as that.

[

Seems to me that the majority of fans are reactive, as opposed to proactive, when it comes to singing. That is, they need the team to give them some incentive to make some noise.

Given that the first half against Preston was possibly the most insipid and uninspired performance I've seen this season, is it any suprise the crowd was quiet?

If performances improve, so will the atmosphere. It really is as simple as that.

So by that logic Macclesfield is not the place to be. I don't remember Highbury being the most loud of grounds and their football in the last couple of seasons was alright i suppose.

Point being don't matter how we are doing or what time it is or how cold it is you should get behind the team as you should be proud to support your team.

Seems that most people do need something good to happen to make noise tho at the WS :angry:

[

So by that logic Macclesfield is not the place to be. I don't remember Highbury being the most loud of grounds and their football in the last couple of seasons was alright i suppose.

Point being don't matter how we are doing or what time it is or how cold it is you should get behind the team as you should be proud to support your team.

Seems that most people do need something good to happen to make noise tho at the WS :angry:

TBF if I was to stand up and start singing #When your smiling....# I would get shot down by disapproving looks from 6 out of 10 fans around me. The club needs to do somethin about it ie. unreserved seating as has already been suggested. The answer is not the Birch bellowing NILS ?????????, James ?????????.

TBF if I was to stand up and start singing #When your smiling....# I would get shot down by disapproving looks from 6 out of 10 fans around me. The club needs to do somethin about it ie. unreserved seating as has already been suggested. The answer is not the Birch bellowing NILS ?????????, James ?????????.

What Birch does before kickoff re the team sheet is nothing short of embarassing and ridiculous. Not many fans do join in, and then the fans that do join in get very confused between the two paddy's, and the whole thing turns into a shambles.

The club seriously does need to come up with something to revive the atmosphere, as most of the ground sounds like a graveyard for the best part of 85 minutes most home games :(

Absolutly agree 100% with you but is that not the problem? WTF do real city fans stare at you for when you are trying to get some atmos going, used to happen to me when i sat in the east stand centre thats why i move to the kop and it is now difficult to get anything going in there but at least no one stares maybe its coz im at the back and no one hears / or cares :P

Absolutly agree 100% with you but is that not the problem? WTF do real city fans stare at you for when you are trying to get some atmos going, used to happen to me when i sat in the east stand centre thats why i move to the kop and it is now difficult to get anything going in there but at least no one stares maybe its coz im at the back and no one hears / or cares :P

That is the problem. Lets root out all these posh toff non footballing fans!! Yeah revolt!!!! :mad:

In all seriouseness why do we need a 32,000 seater satdium anyway, to accomodate more rich people?? I think not.

Should of styed at Filbo..... :(

That is the problem. Lets root out all these posh toff non footballing fans!! Yeah revolt!!!! :mad:

In all seriouseness why do we need a 32,000 seater satdium anyway, to accomodate more rich people?? I think not.

Should of styed at Filbo..... :(

Stop it! :angry: Why do you keep saying thing that i keep agreeing with?

Lets get rid of em yeah :ph34r:

Then lets rebiuld filbo yeah :thumbup:

Who's with me ......... :whistle:

Too many kids is the problem. Its the clubs fault for there free tickets to under 8's. Stick them in the family stand where they belong. Whats the point in having a family stand if Kids can sit anywhere.

Or

Remember at filbo when they only sold adult tickets in the Kop. Bring that back.

and filberts son ....... Dennis the fox sponsored by Dominoes

ding ding ding ding ding

******we have hit the over 5 member mark*********

Already we have more members than the trust and weve only been going for five minutes :D

Lets get more members in its free to join!

we stand for supporting city

Milan mandaric

Bring back filbo, the foxy ladies, Gerry Taggert, Joey G, the original PHG, passion

Removing the current board, TNBD, Non singers, Low, Johnson, Elvis

all ideas welcome even those which aint gonna happn like mine

ding ding ding ding ding

******we have hit the over 5 member mark*********

Already we have more members than the trust and weve only been going for five minutes :D

Lets get more members in its free to join!

we stand for supporting city

Milan mandaric

Bring back filbo, the foxy ladies, Gerry Taggert, Joey G, the original PHG, passion

Removing the current board, TNBD, Non singers, Low, Johnson, Elvis

all ideas welcome even those which aint gonna happn like mine

and we all want to bring back FNF :smile:

Archived