Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stez

mcauley up front

Oh do me a favour.

The Club has a big man and he has another 18 months to go on a deal, but spite and fan prejudice stop him coming back when we need him desperately at present.

the one that can't head the ball to save his life? to his chest provides no flick on for hume/fyatt/hammond to run onto

the one that can't head the ball to save his life? to his chest provides no flick on for hume/fyatt/hammond to run onto

Yeah the one who scored 9 goals last season and his big awkard nature created other chances for those around him.

Yeah, that'll be O'Grady, McAuley or Hammand <_<

Yeah the one who scored 9 goals last season and his big awkard nature created other chances for those around him.

Yeah, that'll be O'Grady, McAuley or Hammand <_<

ok you're right, de vries was a latter day jimmy greaves. but lets remember he's contracted on loan for the season so he's not here, so they need to work with what they have.

I'd start him upfront,he done more than Fryatt when he came on.

It may force us into playing a long ball but if it works who cares. :ph34r:

Have no problem with "long-ball" football myself, certainly with the shower Kelly has to pick from. Doubt whether Kelly will get it to work any better than Levein did though. The idea is to get players up and around the ball for knock-ons and bits and pieces. Kelly's strikers are so distant from the rest of the side hardly any forward balls work let alone the long ball. He's trying to play two systems at once...long balls forward but 8 men in our own half. Of our recent managers only the much maligned Micky Adams seemed to play the system anywhere near successfully.

De Vries has gone and he isn't coming back Barton. I think he's out of contract at the end of the season?? or does he have one more year?

I know that, but I am deliberately labouring the point that we have the player everyone is screaming for contracted to the Club.

Instead we are now talking about a distictly average centre half being used as a forward, it's an absolute embarrassment and still people defend the manager and coaching staff. It's absolutely dreadful that this has been allowed to happen.

I know that, but I am deliberately labouring the point that we have the player everyone is screaming for contracted to the Club.

Instead we are now talking about a distictly average centre half being used as a forward, it's an absolute embarrassment and still people defend the manager and coaching staff. It's absolutely dreadful that this has been allowed to happen.

Can't argue with that.

De Vries has gone and he isn't coming back Barton. I think he's out of contract at the end of the season?? or does he have one more year?

Sadly no. He was signed for three-and-a-half years. We've had him almost two glorious year so far. :blink:

He's under contract for next season, too. :(

Archived