Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Master Fox

Paddy McCarthy

No obviously they don't prove anything as there's so many other factors to consider.

Some people though (me) find them comforting.

Like a big blanket covered in % signs.

I like comforting blankets. Not with Leicester City defence statistics with % signs on though.

I personally think Kisnorbo is very overrated, whilst McCarthy is way too error prone.

McAuley in my opinion has more potential and wins more headers.

I'd like to think that in a couple of seasons time, Kisnorbo and McCarthy will not be at the club, simply because they won't be good enough. :thumbup:

I'm not sure what everyone expects from McCarthy.

He is still a young player, yet people expect him to be performing like a mature 30 year old defender with bags of experience. Yes, he was made captain far too early (due to a lack of good playing staff). Yes, his ability has perhaps been stunted from never having played alongside an experienced defender to guide him, but he will learn all these attributes over time.

Players like Walsh and Elliott only blossomed when they were 28, 29, 30 so why do some fans expect him to be as good as them at 23 (how old is McCarthy?)?

I completely agree, possibly a problem from us having so many older centre-backs over recent years that people don't differentiate in their criticism or can't understand the difference between a 30+ year old making mistakes and a 23 year old making them (Paddy is 23, the youngest of our CBs if you don't count Stearman in that position).

Some more pointless stats, this time to do with centre-back pairings:

Clean Sheets:

McCarthy/McAuley: 2 (40%)

McCarthy/Kisnorbo: 3 (27%)

Kisnorbo/McAuley: 0 (0%)

Goals Conceded:

Kisnorbo/McAuley: 9 (1.29 per game)

McCarthy/Kisnorbo: 11 (1 per game)

McCarthy/McAuley: 5 (1 per game)

Win %:

McCarthy/McAuley: 2 (40%)

Kisnorbo/McAuley: 2 (29%)

McCarthy/Kisnorbo: 2 (18%)

Undefeated %:

McCarthy/McAuley: 4 (80%)

Kisnorbo/McAuley: 4 (57%)

MCarthy/Kisnorbo: 6 (55%)

:whistle:

They have only played 5 games together though, really the pairing stats just show what the individual stats did, that currently our best CB is McAuley, our worst out of the three is Kisnorbo, and McCarthy fits somewhere in the middle, even though he's played the most games.

So McAuley/McCarthy is the best pairing, statistically.

I'd never have guessed.

This makes Kisnorbo look quite shit. lol

In all fairness, Kisnorbo has probably been our most consistent defender this season and has chipped in with a couple of goals. Brilliant. Everyone loves him, including me. However, he is currently going through a bad spell of form. He was poor against Derby, and he didn't have a very good game yesterday I don't think.

Statistics can be truthful, but they can also make things look worse than they are. From the stats previously posted, Kisnorbo doesn't fit into our best defensive side at all. Do we have any stats to show how many games each partnership has had? And how many goals we've scored in using each partnership? I'd like to see those please Statto, and then make my decision as to our best pairing overall :P

Do we have any stats to show how many games each partnership has had? And how many goals we've scored in using each partnership? I'd like to see those please Statto, and then make my decision as to our best pairing overall :P

that would be good to :thumbup: if its not to hard to get hold of

In all fairness, Kisnorbo has probably been our most consistent defender this season and has chipped in with a couple of goals. Brilliant. Everyone loves him, including me. However, he is currently going through a bad spell of form. He was poor against Derby, and he didn't have a very good game yesterday I don't think.

Statistics can be truthful, but they can also make things look worse than they are. From the stats previously posted, Kisnorbo doesn't fit into our best defensive side at all. Do we have any stats to show how many games each partnership has had? And how many goals we've scored in using each partnership? I'd like to see those please Statto, and then make my decision as to our best pairing overall :P

Not according to the leauge table!

oh and why don't we try Kisnorbo in midfield?............... I'll get me coat :whistle:

I think Paddy is a good player for us but he should never be captain.

He doesn't lead by example when he gets stupid bookings all the time.

like i said earlier it said on the radio that he was made skipper to try and stop all the bookings

like i said earlier it said on the radio that he was made skipper to try and stop all the bookings

I can't have that because Tiatto was the captain before Paddy and you say he was given the armband to stop bookings?

Tiatto could not go a game with out a crazy challenge he just loved those yellas

that would be good to :thumbup: if its not to hard to get hold of

I'm sure Louise has the fact finding capacity to provide us with these. Don't you Louise? Please??? :smile::P

Not according to the leauge table!

oh and why don't we try Kisnorbo in midfield?............... I'll get me coat :whistle:

No, the league table doesn't lie. I said the stats could well be telling the truth. I went on to say they can also make things look worse than they are. I covered my own tracks in my original post. Still, nice of you to spot things I'm posting, as I did in your post :P:thumbup:

And on a lighter note, Kisnorbo in midfield? I think your taxi is waiting mate, take your coat and leave!!!! :laugh:

Goals Scored By Whole Team:

McCarthy/McAuley: 7 (1.4 per game)

McCarthy/Kisnorbo: 8 (0.72 per game)

Goals Scored by Centre-Backs:

Kisnorbo/McAuley: 2 (0.29 per game)

McCarthy/Kisnorbo: 3 (0.27 per game)

McCarthy/McAuley: 1 (0.20 per game)

And McCarthy/McAuley have played 5 times together, McCarthy/Kisnorbo 11 times, McAuley/Kisnorbo 7 times and McCarthy/Kenton twice. (stats including substitutions)

And McCarthy/McAuley have played 5 times together, McCarthy/Kisnorbo 11 times, McAuley/Kisnorbo 7 times and McCarthy/Kenton twice. (stats including substitutions)

cheers louise

kisnorbo + paddy is the best in my opinion still

Louise, your fondness for statistics and the way you handle them is really getting me going.

I'd do you but I fear I might just become a statistic, another notch on the bedpost, just one in a population of data... then you'd analyse me, standard deviation, skew etc. I don't want that.

If you'll sign this 'no statistical analysis' caveat waver though, I'm in. Literally. Bish bash bosh. Job done. We both leave happy. Me slightly happier, probably.

You never let anybody down when it comes to stats :P You're a star :thumbup:

Right then, I think it's safe to say then that our required center-back pairing for at least being able to consider winning games is McCarthy and McAuley. The two Mcs. We score more goals when those two play together. We concede the least when these two play together, and in less games (could be both positive and negative in terms of argument). Sorry Kisnorbo, you need to be on the bench son. The stats don't lie mate, just ask KilworthFox :thumbup:

Archived