Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Master Fox

Paddy McCarthy

I'm actually beginning to think McCarthy is the main part of our defensive problems. Somehow people seem blind to the fact that he makes so many mistakes and runs around absolutely clueless. Just because he wears the captains armband doesn't make him a good player for us. His discipline record is appalling, with his rash and unnecessary challenges this season he has cost us points.

Ok, you can argue that he tries hard, shouts a bit, and all that but at the end of the day he's sh*t. I don't like him or as a player regardless of the fact he scored last night.

What would you suggest then ?

We don't have the strength in depth to replace him.

He is our first choice centre back regardless of whether you think he's crap or not.

Personally i think he's a solid defender. His positioning is good, and he's got a bit of pace about him.

He is our first choice centre back regardless of whether you think he's crap or not.

Personally i think he's a solid defender. His positioning is good, and he's got a bit of pace about him.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

That is the most ludicrous thing I've ever read.

Apart from discipline and distribution, positioning is probably the WORST part of his game.

Here's a clue: Player's with great positioning usually appear to be calm and in control with no need to make rash challenges. They make defending look easy.

I honestly can't believe you've just said his positioning is good.

What a joke.

he isnt as bad as mccauley. and he can also get a couple of goals

Mcauley is aweseome when has he actually done anything wrong????

Mcarthy needs to control his temper and he also needs to not get panicked and hoof and just hope to get rid, i dont think he is awful he just needs to calm down and think a bit more!

trouble is he is so passionate about the game he gets caught out in the passion and its a shame

He's solid defender? Right!! Have you seen our goal difference and our recent results?

With regards to his positioning it is probably the worst aspect of his game. It's awful! If you actually watched the way he defends set pieces you'll realise how bad he is.

And to answer to your other question I believe Kisnorbo would be our first choice centre back.

He's solid defender? Right!! Have you seen our goal difference and our recent results?

With regards to his positioning it is probably the worst aspect of his game. It's awful! If you actually watched the way he defends set pieces you'll realise how bad he is.

And to answer to your other question I believe Kisnorbo would be our first choice centre back.

Yes.

Indisputable really.

So the whole problem of our Goal difference is down to him then !!!!

Problem solved.

Replace McCarthy and we'll get promoted !

Also, regarding the First choice centre back issue.

The formation we play involves two first choice centre backs!

So yes, it would be Kisnorbo as well.

Indeed, who's been chased by Fulham amongst other Premier league clubs, which makes you wonder where the problem lies doesn't it?

So the whole problem of our Goal difference is down to him then !!!!

Problem solved.

Replace McCarthy and we'll get promoted !

I'm not saying McCarthy is whole problem but that he is probably the main contributor. With the responsibility of captaining the side I believe as player he should be setting good examples to the rest of the team but he’s not doing that. Instead he's running around aimlessly, shouting, falling over, and giving away unnecessary fouls in areas that offer the other team goal scoring opportunity.

We have a lot of problems within the team which need to be addressed and I’m afraid McCarthy is one of them whether you like it or not!

I've always though McCarthy has a tendancy to lunge in when there is just no need. Its like he doesn't know how to tackle any other way. Part of these wonderful tackles is from the fact that he finds himself caught out of position, and part of it seems to be he just likes doing it.

:clap::yesyes::yesyes:

For a centre back, he has awful positional sense.

This is why some people think he's amazing because occasionally he makes a good saving tackle which he wouldn't have had to make if he was any good in the first place!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

That is the most ludicrous thing I've ever read.

Apart from discipline and distribution, positioning is probably the WORST part of his game.

Here's a clue: Player's with great positioning usually appear to be calm and in control with no need to make rash challenges. They make defending look easy.

I honestly can't believe you've just said his positioning is good.

What a joke.

its an opinion.

I'm actually beginning to think McCarthy is the main part of our defensive problems. Somehow people seem blind to the fact that he makes so many mistakes and runs around absolutely clueless. Just because he wears the captains armband doesn't make him a good player for us. His discipline record is appalling, with his rash and unnecessary challenges this season he has cost us points.

Ok, you can argue that he tries hard, shouts a bit, and all that but at the end of the day he's sh*t. I don't like him or as a player regardless of the fact he scored last night.

disagree most committed player we have, respects the fans always comes over shiiite performance or not he IMO is a good player who can make the odd mistake, but if we are to critisie for that then we will be on here for a long while yet

I think its time for Rob to be brave and drop him for McAuley.

Doubt this will happen.

Exactly. :thumbup:

I don't see why people seem to think McAuley isn't up to it? :blink:

Let's see, so far he cost us a penalty with a handball and managed to put the ball into the back of the wrong net last night - although it's worded as if he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time when Logan made the save. I can't say I recall any other instances as I don't have the benefit of 'sight'. :P

After all, Louise's stats from a couple of days ago suggest we were losing fewer games with McAuley at the back. I think the numbers are onto something! ;)

What's he done so wrong, then? Or is it just his 'League Two defender' tag/reputation? :ph34r:

IMO macauley is not better than paddy from what i have seen

I dont agree.

McAuley does the simple things right and doesnt give to many freekicks away like Paddy does,he solid and hes good in the air like Paddy but hes technically a better player IMO.

Archived