Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Master Fox

Paddy McCarthy

There are many differences between the two, but where McAuley wins it for me is that he thinks about what he's going to with the ball when he's got control of it. He's also capable of receiving it from the goalkeeper and taking it forward towards midfield without hoofing it. This at least minimises the degree of hoof football we play and gives the midfield, such that it is a chance to get involved.

McCarthy, more often than not passes it sideways to the other CB or hoofs it into no mans land.

Clean Sheets:

McCarthy: 5 (28%)

McAuley: 3 (23%)

Kisnorbo: 2 (13%)

Goal Conceded:

Kisnorbo: 20 (1.25 per game)

McAuley: 14 (1.107 per game)

McCarthy: 19 (1.105 per game)

Win %:

McAuley: 4 (31%)

Kisnorbo: 4 (25%)

Undefeated %:

McAuley: 9 (69%)

McCarthy: 11 (61%)

Kisnorbo: 9 (56%)

The stats clearly show who the worst centre back is....

McAuley's Positional sense is top class which makes up for his lack of pace.

McCarthy's positional sense is pants, which he makes up for with his pace.

IMO.

I hope you lot are right that McAuley is this great so that we can flog him come ja n and get Varney from Crewe :thumbup:

I hope you lot are right that McAuley is this great so that we can flog him come ja n and get Varney from Crewe :thumbup:

We don't want to get rid of McAuley.FULLSTOP.

And i've heard Luke Varney is a class centre-back. :rolleyes:

Clean Sheets:

McAuley: 3 (23%)

Kisnorbo: 2 (13%)

Goal Conceded:

Kisnorbo: 20 (1.25 per game)

McAuley: 14 (1.107 per game)

McCarthy: 19 (1.105 per game)

Win %:

McAuley: 4 (31%)

Undefeated %:

McAuley: 9 (69%)

McCarthy: 11 (61%)

Kisnorbo: 9 (56%)

The stats clearly show who the worst centre back is....

Fascinating. And would have been more so if McAuley had played more games to make his part a bit more reliable.

Don't suppose you could unearth the number of goal-saving interceptions each have made and I suppose their goals scored would come into it in assessing each player's true value.

lol quite right, not like that.

Luke Varney seems to be the new Lee Trundle since he scored that goal Vs Man U. He's not that good.

you may be right but he did look good against them and has scored goals too, but i prob would not mention him if he did not support us

did i say he was ? Would you not want Varney at LCFC?

Where has all this love for McAuley come from? has he played in a city side thats won a match?

Did i say i didn't? Manwell is right anyway, what has Luke Varney done since he scored against Man Utd?

And McAuley has played in a City side that has won a match.

Fascinating. And would have been more so if McAuley had played more games to make his part a bit more reliable.

Don't suppose you could unearth the number of goal-saving interceptions each have made and I suppose their goals scored would come into it in assessing each player's true value.

McAuley has only played 3 less games than Kisnorbo, so the difference between those two isn't that big really, and likewise McCarthy has only played two more than PK, the biggest difference being between PM and GM. But I take your point. I was going to add Kenton as well, but as he's only played twice at CB that would have just messed with the results.

And I'm not sure if you're taking the mick or not, but no I couldn't unearth goal-saving interceptions. I could comb through match reports but I don't want to spend that long looking at the OS. ;)

If you like:

Goals Scored:

McCarthy: 2 (11%)

McAuley: 0 (0%)

:P

lol quite right, not like that.

Luke Varney seems to be the new Lee Trundle since he scored that goal Vs Man U. He's not that good.

Your well off the mark Manwell.

He's a class act, and i think that time will show that.

4th Top Goal scorer in League 1, and half the games he starts on the wing.

disagree most committed player we have, respects the fans always comes over shiiite performance or not he IMO is a good player who can make the odd mistake, but if we are to critisie for that then we will be on here for a long while yet

So you have fallen for the old 'Dion Dublin' trick then, eh?

McCarthey is f'ckin crap, he was when he arrived and he will be once he is punted in the summer.

He has no, and I mean no desirable skills as a defender. The vast majority of the time he is making late lunges because he knallsed it up in the first place. He is hopeless and how he ever got the captain's armband is beyond any reasoned individuals comprehension.

Badge kissers and crowd cheerleaders do it to mask their crapness and they no by doing it they take the heat off themselves. Dion Dublin was a master at it and he obviously passed it on to McCarthey.

With the centre backs I think it's really interesting to see how Kisnorbo comes off the worst from the stats as I don't think he's our worst defender by a long way. I think perhaps he forms a worse combination with McCarthy than McCarthy did with McAuley. I think the two M's comlpement each other more (ones composed but slow the others less than composed but quick). Having said that Kisnorbo is possibly our best player so it's difficult to know who to pick.

We haven't seen enough of Kisnorbo / McAuley as a partnership to tell if that would be the best. It's also unlikely that Kelly will drop McCarthy so we'll have to rely on him ruling himself out through suspension.

So you have fallen for the old 'Dion Dublin' trick then, eh?

McCarthey is f'ckin crap, he was when he arrived and he will be once he is punted in the summer.

He has no, and I mean no desirable skills as a defender. The vast majority of the time he is making late lunges because he knallsed it up in the first place. He is hopeless and how he ever got the captain's armband is beyond any reasoned individuals comprehension.

Badge kissers and crowd cheerleaders do it to mask their crapness and they no by doing it they take the heat off themselves. Dion Dublin was a master at it and he obviously passed it on to McCarthey.

Barton i respect your right to have an opinion, but on this matter we will NEVER agree!

Nah he is well good. Keep him and Kisnorbo at the back and one season, hopefully, they will become the best at the back... although both of them do make mistakes so they need a half decent keeper to rescue them... they are rescuing Logan too often this season.

BRING BACK HENDO!

I'm not sure what everyone expects from McCarthy.

He is still a young player, yet people expect him to be performing like a mature 30 year old defender with bags of experience. Yes, he was made captain far too early (due to a lack of good playing staff). Yes, his ability has perhaps been stunted from never having played alongside an experienced defender to guide him, but he will learn all these attributes over time.

Players like Walsh and Elliott only blossomed when they were 28, 29, 30 so why do some fans expect him to be as good as them at 23 (how old is McCarthy?)?

Archived