Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mancunianfox

We Must Play As a Team

From BBC News:

Leicester midfielder Gareth Williams says his side need to get back to playing as a team.

Williams felt the Foxes were beaten by Sheffield Wednesday at the weekend because they were disjointed.

He told BBC Radio Leicester: "We have lost our confidence in recent games and we need to start playing to our strengths by performing as a team.

"Some players have not been contributing but we all need to know our place in the team."

Unusual for anyone in the City camp to be stray away from the official line of 'train hard and it will all come together. Anyone else think that this supports the theories of dressing room unrest?

I definitely think there's been some conflict in the camp and rightly so. Even though some of our players might look like mercenaries, some of them will want to play football and play it properly. Perhaps they don't agree with Kelly's tactics? I certainly wouldn't.

That's a strange statement indeed and it worries me no end.

As does all the silence from the club regarding so many players.

It begs the question really? What the hell is going on?

And what's Bill Anderson of other resident hacks got to say about it?

Surely they'll have a bagful of questions to ask, like:

a) What's happened with Nils?

b) What's happened with Sylla?

c) Why has Dodds been recalled and overlooked?

d) What's the situation with Sheehan.

e) Is Weso fit or not?

f) Has there been a colossal bust up?.

g) What's Williams getting at?

h) Has Dodds recall upset Fryatt?

i) Is all well with McCarthy?

I don't know the answers to these questions but I'd sure want to ask em and a few more too.

I don't know whether the Mandaric thing has had a negative effect, of the effort that went into the Villa game - but we're sure as hell being pushed towards the rocks and some things needs sorting swiftly.

It begs the question rally? What the hell is going on?

Quite.

That statement seems to be a dig at RK as well which is unsettling.

It begs the question rally? What the hell is going on?

Seem its a worse situation than under CL! there is agreement with the fans that RK is a nice guy and that he has done his best with the players , funds and situation as a whole, but he has to go.

This mob sorry current board are the problem no money, no decisions especially one which will cost money, until the takeover, then MM comes in and hopefully does the right thing and get rid of RK but still it looks harsh as the 1st thing he does but thats the way the world turns!

5 games to go

Wolves A

Barnsley H

Cardiff H

Hull A

Southampton A

Before Jan 1st how many points can we get the way we are playing? God help us

Glad I'm not the only one who read into it like that. The injury thing is a likely explanation, but surely he would have just came out and said that. 'We have a huge injury crisis and refs hate us' is the club's official line on our bad run of results. This is a veiled comment, which makes me think he is referring to the teams management.

I'd like to think that the statement was just a reference to people playing out of position. But it surely has a deeper-rooted meaning? It says to me that some of the lads in the squad are becoming pissed off with other lads who are playing on Saturday's and not pulling their weight, causing the team to perform badly and look shit, and it also suggests to me that the same members of the squad are becoming frustrated by the tactics and system employed by Kelly.

This statement needs looking into by the management team in order for the real meaning to be revealed. All does not seem well though.

Link

We must play as a team - Williams

Leicester midfielder Gareth Williams says his side need to get back to playing as a team.

Williams felt the Foxes were beaten by Sheffield Wednesday at the weekend because they were disjointed.

He told BBC Radio Leicester: "We have lost our confidence in recent games and we need to start playing to our strengths by performing as a team.

"Some players have not been contributing but we all need to know our place in the team."

Link

We must play as a team - Williams

Is that a dig at RK there?? Saying people don't know their roles?

Interesting comment, probably didnt mean to seem to "rock the boat" but it's suggestive that things arent great in "Fort Kelly", all the more reason for MM is sweep most of the coaching staff linked with the first team out along with RK (assuming the takeover goes ahead), in preperation for January, put Rudkin in as caretaker while we sort out a permanent replacment for RK and then go into the January window with a strong managment team in place.

This thread has descended into farce

As the appropriate part of my sig (the Fezzler's comment) would suggest. I am posting in this thread now just to confirm that the thread is farcical, as is every thread I post in :yesyes::(

Williams has well and truly started some speculation with his comments though. My feeling is that it has a hidden meaning and is a veiled ( :ph34r: ) swipe at RK and some of the less able players in our squad.

Archived