Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BartonFox

When we win on Saturday (2-1 by the way)

Revert back to loving Rob Kelly?

Not me. Tbh, I can't see us winning on Saturday, especially away from home. And even if we do get a result there, it'll be another false hope given to us by Kelly. His time is up and he needs to realise this. To get people back on side, he'll have to be left in by MM for the rest of the season (which again I can't see happening) and display promotion-chasing form (again highly unlikely/near impossible). The axe is hanging by a very thin thread atm, and very soon it's got to fall.

Not me. Tbh, I can't see us winning on Saturday, especially away from home. And even if we do get a result there, it'll be another false hope given to us by Kelly. His time is up and he needs to realise this. To get people back on side, he'll have to be left in by MM for the rest of the season (which again I can't see happening) and display promotion-chasing form (again highly unlikely/near impossible). The axe is hanging by a very thin thread atm, and very soon it's got to fall.

Disloyal b'std :angry:

:ph34r:

Disloyal b'std :angry:

:ph34r:

I don't mean to be :cry:

I just predicted that we could have taken a draw at least on Saturday against Sheffield Wednesday.. And look where that got me :( I have completely lost faith in Rob Kelly, his words about not playing for a point and wanting to attack the opposition have come too late for him. He's going to look an even bigger t**t then he already does if we use a defensive lineup and attempt to nick a point on Saturday (something I feel we're going to do).

To be honest a lot of the results be it where we've won, drawn or lost have had me thinking we we're either lucky (Brum, Sunderland, Colchester, Southend etc...) or a much better result was possible (Palace, Preston, Plymouth, Burnley etc...) so I cant remember ever having great faith in RK... i think he's a nice bloke and when he goes (and assuming MM still wants us, I'm pretty sure he will) but it doesnt stop him being totally inept... forget the tactics for a moment, two thirds of are team are worse than they where last season largly because their so unfit... i get the sense that only Hume (and maybe Kisnorbo) have the drive to keep themselves fit at the moment, the others seems to have been allowed to get out of shape mid-season... its totally laughable and all i can say about RK recent commitment to attacking football is that it strikes me as desperation from somone who feels his days a numbered.

Still a win against Wolves would be great coz it might give us a bit of distance with the lower reaches... done expect it to happen though :( and if it did it'd no doubt rank along side the performances against Stoke, Colchester etc... as a win that had little to do with our strengths.

Come on you Blue boys and girls we need some positive vibes for the lads and manager otherwise we are going down.

No more negative bollox, lets get on the happy train and cheer the boys on to victory.

Choo, choo

train2.jpg

Come on you Blue boys and girls we need some positive vibes for the lads and manager otherwise we are going down.

No more negative bollox, lets get on the happy train and cheer the boys on to victory.

Choo, choo

train2.jpg

Can you start if off because im buggered if i can think of anything

Maybe Hume scores four crackers and we might win

Milan takes over within the next hour and signs some quality players who are out of contract

But how likley is those two? and i tried! :cry:

Hmmm it must be December, as our fans try and force another manager out. We will get a new one in soon though, oh yes,and he will get us out of trouble....and then next december/january he will be gone....Robert kelly hasnt had any financial backing, and i believe he should get to make use of the transfer kitty that we get if Milan comes in, as i think it is the least the guy deserves.

It'll just be last season's Sheffield United. All we need then is a close victory against Fulham in the Cup, and it's almost like history repeating itself.

maybe it will be incredibly windy on Saturday and conrad will score from his own penalty area.

maybe Hume will run his socks off and score 2 blinders.

maybe the defence will keep a clean sheet not though talent but because the law of averages suggests we might be due one.

maybe kelly will tell the lads to stand in a square and pass the ball among ourselves for a full 90 minutes thus possibly gaining a 0-0 draw.

maybe we can find some unemployed 7 ft basketball player we can register by friday who might be capable of heading our aimless long high balls into the net.

but then again maybe we will just get beaten by 2 or 3 goals create absolutely nothing pick up a couple of needless yellow cards and send our fans home in the usual good spirits with not much to look forward to apart from a rather vital 6 pointer relegation scrap against the mighty barnsley!

Hmmm it must be December, as our fans try and force another manager out. We will get a new one in soon though, oh yes,and he will get us out of trouble....and then next december/january he will be gone....Robert kelly hasnt had any financial backing, and i believe he should get to make use of the transfer kitty that we get if Milan comes in, as i think it is the least the guy deserves.

how much financial backing have other managers had at places like Burnley or Preston who arguably have lost an excellent manaer and over the course of the last two seasons have probably sold all their best players. or are perhaps Colchester spending a fortune?

the turth his he has had no transfer money available but he has been allowed to bring in 5 players none of which have arguable imrpoved the squad and I would argue he has been nable to motivate the players.

the last 2 home games beng perfect examples. against wednesday we didn't start playing until 2-0 down and reduced to 10 men. yo can blame the players but it is up to the manager to get them to play and at the moment he doesn't seem able to do that.

Burnley Transfers In:

* Andy Gray from Sunderland - £750,000

* Alan Mahon from Wigan - £200,000

* Steve Jones from Crewe - Free

* Stephen Foster from Crewe - Free

Leicester Transfers In:

Kenton - Free

Low - Free

Johnson - Free

McCauley - Cant seem to find, but I'm guessing not £950,000

I think that at least improves my claim of no money..

I am still firmly behind Rob Kelly. I hate the "sack the manager as soon as he loses a few games" mentality that seems to be sweeping football at the moment, he needs to be given more time.

I mean, is everyone forgetting what he did last season? Not only did he save us from relegation, the run of games since he took over was play-off form.

Then, last month we went on a 10-match unbeaten run, he was up for Manager of the Month, and people couldn't praise him enough. Suddenly, we go on a 5-match losing streak and he has to be given the boot. :rolleyes:

This has been said soooooo many times before, but it needs repeating - look what happened with O'Neill. Evryone was calling for his head, the board kept faith with him and the rest is history. It even took Alex Ferguson 4 years to do anything at United. Imagine what they'd have missed out on if they'd sacked him. :o

Keep faith with Kelly. OK, if it doesn't improve after a while, then fair enough, but what we don't need right now is a knee-jerk reaction - this club needs some stability which we've not had for God knows how long. We should wait until at least Milan takes over and Rob has had the ability to bring in a few players.

Jesus Christ, I'm gonna get slated for this... :rolleyes:

I wont be slating you mate, as you said 8 games unbeaten - "Kelly is a legend"....a rough patch of 5 losses - "kelly out!!"....we just cant keep doing this to every manager we get....

Precisely. :thumbup:

Nice to know I'm not the only one who thinks so. :)

Archived