Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Joe.

Well done Kelly

I just want to congratulate his substitusions!! I seriouly thought he might have taken off a striker to put Weso on at one point, AND he took of the right striker at the end as Humey wasn't have such a good game....

Well done Kelly!! :thumbup:

It's almost more by accident than design that he's stumbled across a team that can win a couple of games - my fear is that if Johnson was fit he'd be playing ahead of Porter with Tiatto on the left, and that McCarthy will be back at some point despite being our third best centre-back. Thankfully Porter has taken his chance in the last couple of games and is now seemingly impossible to drop, while McAuley has been one of our best players all season and was outstanding at Wolves. Another interesting thing is that Hume has been off colour the last couple of games and once back to full fitness and top form, you get the feeling he will benefit from Williams and Porter, and the occasional improved performances of Hughes. Hopefully now injuries to key players have cleared up, we'll see more of Williams, Wesolowski, Porter and McAuley because in my opinion we are a better team without the likes of McCarthy, Welsh, Johnson and possibly even Kenton and Tiatto in terms of the team's attacking effectiveness.

I'm a little shocked by some of the comments here.

It was a miracle City did not end the first half at least 2-0 down.

McCauley was a joke during the first half, and when our goal went in totally against the run of play, Kelly spent the celebration bollocking McCauley for his catalogue of Sunday League errors.

Henderson along with the miss of an absolute sitter was the only reason we had anything to play for in the second half.

They looked to me like a team of demotivated strangers.

To make things worse the tactics selected by the Manager did bit suit the team he had picked.

It is very very very frustrating to see quality players like Porter and Hume constantly struggling to head high balls when not only it is not their game, but ball to feet or quality through balls is the only way you are going to get any return from their selection.

There is no width on the right side currently, and we are getting very narrow in midfield so it needs Porter and Hume to be threaded balls to stretch the opposition.

Constantly during the first half the midfield sat right in the lap of the defense, conpressed the team and left the strikers stranded alone. When the ball did break they were so slow getting back up in support of the forwards that we constantly gave up possesion in areas that as the home side we should be dominating.

I also noticed that Kelly was being aggresive and instructing players during play, yet when the game was stopped he went and stood by the bench and did not take the opportunity to put right the catalogue of wrongs on display.

Barnsley looked a lively and organised outfit in the first half. They were much the better team and had Knight put away that sitter of a header I fear the final scoreline could have been quite painful.

Our goal against the run of play after all their hard work seemed to knock the stuffing from them, and given their league position and recent promotion no doubt a lack in confidence is an issue amongst their squad at this time.

To Kelly's credit he did manage to address many of the problems at half time, and add to that Barnsley's more deflated state and in the end we overcame them at a relative canter.

I dont know what was in his tea but McCauley was a different player in the second 45, Eric's passes were finding their men, we kept ball and worked for each other making space to keep possesion of the ball and generally gave more effort against an opposition that faded as the game continued.

I have seen us play a few times now this term, and in my opinion with the personnel at Kelly's disposal there is easily a top 10 team there, maybe even top 6.

I would wager a more experienced and talented Manager could make that 11 look like a different side given a few weeks to iron out all the bad habits, mistakes and general lack of ambition that some players display.

Porter, Hammond, Hughes, Kisnorbo and Henderson is a very good spine to build a promotion team around.

In my opinion if Mandy does finally buy the club a new man with some pedigree at the helm must be a first priority.

I'm a little shocked by some of the comments here.

It was a miracle City did not end the first half at least 2-0 down.

McCauley was a joke during the first half, and when our goal went in totally against the run of play, Kelly spent the celebration bollocking McCauley for his catalogue of Sunday League errors.

Henderson along with the miss of an absolute sitter was the only reason we had anything to play for in the second half.

They looked to me like a team of demotivated strangers.

To make things worse the tactics selected by the Manager did bit suit the team he had picked.

It is very very very frustrating to see quality players like Porter and Hume constantly struggling to head high balls when not only it is not their game, but ball to feet or quality through balls is the only way you are going to get any return from their selection.

There is no width on the right side currently, and we are getting very narrow in midfield so it needs Porter and Hume to be threaded balls to stretch the opposition.

Constantly during the first half the midfield sat right in the lap of the defense, conpressed the team and left the strikers stranded alone. When the ball did break they were so slow getting back up in support of the forwards that we constantly gave up possesion in areas that as the home side we should be dominating.

I also noticed that Kelly was being aggresive and instructing players during play, yet when the game was stopped he went and stood by the bench and did not take the opportunity to put right the catalogue of wrongs on display.

Barnsley looked a lively and organised outfit in the first half. They were much the better team and had Knight put away that sitter of a header I fear the final scoreline could have been quite painful.

Our goal against the run of play after all their hard work seemed to knock the stuffing from them, and given their league position and recent promotion no doubt a lack in confidence is an issue amongst their squad at this time.

To Kelly's credit he did manage to address many of the problems at half time, and add to that Barnsley's more deflated state and in the end we overcame them at a relative canter.

I dont know what was in his tea but McCauley was a different player in the second 45, Eric's passes were finding their men, we kept ball and worked for each other making space to keep possesion of the ball and generally gave more effort against an opposition that faded as the game continued.

I have seen us play a few times now this term, and in my opinion with the personnel at Kelly's disposal there is easily a top 10 team there, maybe even top 6.

I would wager a more experienced and talented Manager could make that 11 look like a different side given a few weeks to iron out all the bad habits, mistakes and general lack of ambition that some players display.

Porter, Hammond, Hughes, Kisnorbo and Henderson is a very good spine to build a promotion team around.

In my opinion if Mandy does finally buy the club a new man with some pedigree at the helm must be a first priority.

Let's not forget Henderson's absolute refusal to throw the ball out preferring to hoof it and lose it. There were a number of occasions yesterday when one of the back four were calling for an early throw but Henderson justs puts his hand up waits a few more seconds and then Hoof and the head tennis commences yet again.

....Porter, Hammond, Hughes, Kisnorbo and Henderson is a very good spine to build a promotion team around.

Hughes is too inconsistent, and I'm sure everyone would be focusing on Hammonds ridiculous header over the bar had he not scored, and many people still don't feel confident for crosses etc. with Henderson in goal

Hughes is too inconsistent, and I'm sure everyone would be focusing on Hammonds ridiculous header over the bar had he not scored, and many people still don't feel confident for crosses etc. with Henderson in goal

Absolutely.

I didn't know if it was the alcohol fuelled haze I'm working under today, but Henderson was positively scary when dealing with crosses yesterday...flying from one side of the box to the other - he demonstrated zero positional sense.

Elvis was lucky to be there to receive the bounce back from Danny's strike...and maybe that is a clue as to how we can get him scoring.

Hughes, to be fair, seems to be doing OK for us at the moment - but I know what you mean.

I didn't notice McCauley making any catalogue of errors, I saw him place a sterling performance over the 90 minutes. I recommend 'beer' to everyone and may be using it for all games from now on. :D

Absolutely.

I didn't know if it was the alcohol fuelled haze I'm working under today, but Henderson was positively scary when dealing with crosses yesterday...flying from one side of the box to the other - he demonstrated zero positional sense.

Elvis was lucky to be there to receive the bounce back from Danny's strike...and maybe that is a clue as to how we can get him scoring.

Hughes, to be fair, seems to be doing OK for us at the moment - but I know what you mean.

I didn't notice McCauley making any catalogue of errors, I saw him place a sterling performance over the 90 minutes. I recommend 'beer' to everyone and may be using it for all games from now on. :D

Not a catalogue but Knight had the better of him in the first half and easily went past him on a couple of occasions, but was back to his best in the second half.

Can anyone put their finger on why we won yesterday?

Let's not kidd outselves, the problems that were here 2 weeks ago are still here today. A poor Wolves side were beaten by 1 peice of skill from an emerging tallent, which as a city fan i loved the undeserved victory in the last few mins. Yesterday Barnsley were that bad that they could not exploit the frailties of our side, for one of the 1st time this season i can say we deserved the win and were the better side. RK has not made huge changes, just been able to pick some players who were previously injured, and to those who say that is the best side, If we lose a game and Hughes is again played out of position on the right you should be reminded that this is the best side!

How a win can turn opinion.

Can anyone put their finger on why we won yesterday?

Let's not kidd outselves, the problems that were here 2 weeks ago are still here today. A poor Wolves side were beaten by 1 peice of skill from an emerging tallent, which as a city fan i loved the undeserved victory in the last few mins. Yesterday Barnsley were that bad that they could not exploit the frailties of our side, for one of the 1st time this season i can say we deserved the win and were the better side. RK has not made huge changes, just been able to pick some players who were previously injured, and to those who say that is the best side, If we lose a game and Hughes is again played out of position on the right you should be reminded that this is the best side!

How a win can turn opinion.

Well it's all subjective and I think others have said it, as poor as Barnsley are said to have been they were the better team in the first half.

We then got lucky with Elvis managing to hit the target instead of blasting it wide/over. This bit of good fortune was added to by a some quality from Porter putting us in the unfamiliar position of being 2-0 up.

If it had stayed at 1-0 I've no doubt we would have drawn further and futher into a defensive hole and conceded a late equaliser.

As it was the second goal gave us the confidence to play it around a bit and stop playing ******* head tennis like we did in the first half. Whether that was purely down to us finally demonstrating that there is some ability in the side or that Barnsley gave up the ghost I doubt we will ever find out.

Having said all that it was still a nice feeling to:

Win a game!

Win a game at home!

Score two goals!

Keep a clean sheet!

Allow Weso 20+ minutes!

Come away with half a smile on my face!

Actually be arsed to put the TV on and watch the Championship!

So your happy because we won! well good for you but i don't see what RK did differantly

4-4-2 and picked the best players he had available

Where did I say I was HAPPY!!!!

Half a smile does not constitute happiness in my life!!!

I resent anyone suggesting that this fan is happy with anything I've seen for a good few years, momentary satisfaction, but happy no way.

;)

Where did I say I was HAPPY!!!!

Half a smile does not constitute happiness in my life!!!

I resent anyone suggesting that this fan is happy with anything I've seen for a good few years, momentary satisfaction, but happy no way.

;)

It does in mine. :cry::cry::unsure::whistle:;):thumbup:

Well it's all subjective and I think others have said it, as poor as Barnsley are said to have been they were the better team in the first half.

We then got lucky with Elvis managing to hit the target instead of blasting it wide/over. This bit of good fortune was added to by a some quality from Porter putting us in the unfamiliar position of being 2-0 up.

If it had stayed at 1-0 I've no doubt we would have drawn further and futher into a defensive hole and conceded a late equaliser.

As it was the second goal gave us the confidence to play it around a bit and stop playing ******* head tennis like we did in the first half. Whether that was purely down to us finally demonstrating that there is some ability in the side or that Barnsley gave up the ghost I doubt we will ever find out.

Having said all that it was still a nice feeling to:

Win a game!

Win a game at home!

Score two goals!

Keep a clean sheet!

Allow Weso 20+ minutes!

Come away with half a smile on my face!

Actually be arsed to put the TV on and watch the Championship!

Spot on Davie seem some on here want to believe that its all great but when the problems reappear against a decent oppo the opinion will change and become the one's of 2 weeks ago, but i will keep the same opinion, kelly out elvis aint good enough get wesso out of the cotton wool, lets go at team get it wide. I would rather go down in flames than a defensive bore!

Archived