Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Joe.

Hughes or Weso?

I thought Hughes benefited having Williams back in the side. Hughes tucked inside and linked up well him and the rest of the midfield.

We could have made more of the right side if Stearman wasn't so wank. I'd rather have Maybury play there when he returns from suspension if we plan to keep the right side narrow - a better all round right back.

Maybury hasn't played well for a good while, but he's not really had the chance to play in his proper position of right back too often.

I thought Hughes benefited having Williams back in the side. Hughes tucked inside and linked up well him and the rest of the midfield.

We could have made more of the right side if Stearman wasn't so wank. I'd rather have Maybury play there when he returns from suspension if we plan to keep the right side narrow - a better all round right back.

Maybury hasn't played well for a good while, but he's not really had the chance to play in his proper position of right back too often.

He can make RB his own next week, if he puts in a good performance there in Stearman's absence. :ph34r:

Stearman got his 5th yellow, so Maybury will surely come back into the squad.

Thought Maybs supposedly had a good game at LB last week? :mellow:

Hughes Williams Weso Porter

That's probably our best midfield - we just need a decent RB if we go narrow on the right. :ph34r:

Agreed, one of Hughes's best games for a while. And I too would like to see Maybury instead of Stearman.

Weso. Need a bit of bite in there with Williams - Hughes on the right for me at the moment though, has improved.

Agreed totally. We desperately need a right winger anyway, and if Hughes can consistently play like he did on Saturday then he's the answer.

He can make RB his own next week, if he puts in a good performance there in Stearman's absence. :ph34r:

Stearman got his 5th yellow, so Maybury will surely come back into the squad.

Thought Maybs supposedly had a good game at LB last week? :mellow:

Not if Kenton is fit again. He's the best right back we have in the squad.

Weso should just fill the bench until he hits the gym. He's one of the few Aussie DM's coming through so he can't end his career early. Especially with Vince Grella getting older...

whooooooo!!!

Agreed totally. We desperately need a right winger anyway, and if Hughes can consistently play like he did on Saturday then he's the answer.

Hughes did look pretty decent on the right wing on Saturday, but drifted in a little on occasion. Which would be fine, except that every time Williams was further out than him he'd stare at him like he'd just enquired after how much his mum charged for a night of pure filth, and wait for him to get back into position rather than swap for a second or two.

Just something that niggles me about Williams. He's undoubtedly got a great deal of ability, he's just occasionally lazy or goes missing. Not often, just sometimes you're waiting for that last man in midfield to run in when the ball comes back out the 18 yard box and he's standing with the defenders.

Archived