Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Head Honcho

11 points from relegation

A big push now and it's not out of the question that we can get that all important 6th place.

Our problem has been consistency but I get the feeling they are just starting to get it together.

There's still a long way to go but you gotta have faith! :cool:

It feels like a big puzzle with some pieces still missing, but I'm somewhat confident they're gonna show up soon enough. Just in time.

Southampton & Sunderland next two games. Two losses, 5 or 6 points off relegation and 12-13 points off playoffs, back to where we were. Probably.

Not if we can get our so-called "strikers" back to scoring.

Hume - 0 goals in the last 8 games. That's appalling!

Hammond - 3 goals in the last 17 games. That's appalling as well!

Fryatt - 1 goal in the last 10 games.

Heck, our midfield and defense scores more often than they do!

i think hume could do with a game or 2 on the bech just to recharge so to speak, fryatt seems to be doing better now anyway so why not try it starting against southampton

i think hume could do with a game or 2 on the bech just to recharge so to speak, fryatt seems to be doing better now anyway so why not try it starting against southampton

I'd agree with that he came flying out the traps today.

I'd be disappointed to see Hammond dropped. He's causing a lot of problems for opposition defenders just now and may take a bit of pressure off Fryatt.

I'd be disappointed to see Hammond dropped. He's causing a lot of problems for opposition defenders just now and may take a bit of pressure off Fryatt.

Agreed - I'd love to see Matty get one in the next two games and he does look better now so theres a bigger possibility of that happening.

I'm sure he's a brilliant player in the making he just needs to get his confidence up in an undoubtedly poor season for him upto now.

Can't we play Hume, Hammond and Fryatt together, with Hume going back to his usual role as a supporting offensive midfielder? I don't believe he's quite happy right up front.

A big push now and it's not out of the question that we can get that all important 6th place.

Our problem has been consistency but I get the feeling they are just starting to get it together.

There's still a long way to go but you gotta have faith! :cool:

Has been for the last few seasons,we get some great results then let our selfs down against teams like Rotherham at home. Hopefully we are starting to get it together.

Hammond is starting to get better I think with every game he starts, and if he can start being a bit more clever either scoring or setting up goals then he could become a very good player, the only way he will improve is by playing though, I would keep going with him because he causes so many problems for the oposition. (ive just realised I went way off topic there :D )

Like I siad in the Hull Reactions thread, the next two games will be a benchmark to see whether the play-offs are a reality or just a pipe-dream. They are not so crucial as in the points necessarily, but whether we can travel and get points against a good team and actually beat another play-off aspiring side on our own patch.

well as long as someone is scoring goals and we are winning i dont mind

hendo could be scoring goals from his goal kicks and us winning and i'd still be happy (it wont happen but you can see what im getting at)

I Think you've sumed up why we wont be getting promted this season.

Happy as I am with our current form, any talk of the play offs is laughable. if we get three points from our next two home games I'll be very happy but it wont happen, then whats next? Colchester away, their home form is absloutley fantastic, then 1st place Brum city at home followed by a trip to Ninian park. Nasty.

If we're 12th after those fixtures I might start to believe. But in all honesty think there is more chance of Dale Winton fighting Sly Stallone in Rocky VII.

We do definately need some quality up front. We're dependant on the Mandaric takeover for that, and at this rate it won't be done before the transfer window shuts. If that's the case I think Mandaric will bugger off somewhere else, since that seemed to be the entire point.

This season play-offs would be sensational, 7th-9th great, mid-table good enough, 18th-21st awful. Relagation doesn't look at all likely and automatic promotion is pretty much out of the question.l

I Think you've sumed up why we wont be getting promted this season.

Happy as I am with our current form, any talk of the play offs is laughable. if we get three points from our next two home games I'll be very happy but it wont happen, then whats next? Colchester away, their home form is absloutley fantastic, then 1st place Brum city at home followed by a trip to Ninian park. Nasty.

If we're 12th after those fixtures I might start to believe. But in all honesty think there is more chance of Dale Winton fighting Sly Stallone in Rocky VII.

Exactly......

If we can prove in our next few games that this form run can continue, I may start to believe.

Southampton Away - tough game.

Sunderland Home - not an easy fixture

Colchester Away - there spanking everyone at home

Blue Home - top of the table

If we're still undefeated at the end, I may start to believe. But i see the striker problem as the main downfall here. Midfielder and defender goals wont see us rise up the table very far. The strikers gotta start scoring if this impossible dream is to be achieved.

Exactly......

If we can prove in our next few games that this form run can continue, I may start to believe.

Southampton Away - tough game.

Sunderland Home - not an easy fixture

Colchester Away - there spanking everyone at home

Blue Home - top of the table

If we're still undefeated at the end, I may start to believe. But i see the striker problem as the main downfall here. Midfielder and defender goals wont see us rise up the table very far. The strikers gotta start scoring if this impossible dream is to be achieved.

We played those sides during our previous unbeaten run and they weren't that special.

As long as we can score goals, we should be OK.

We played those sides during our previous unbeaten run and they weren't that special.

As long as we can score goals, we should be OK.

The voice of a deluded supporter.

Colchester at home, at the moment they are special.

Southampton and Sunderland are both better than us.

You seem to have a blue tinted spectacle problem. I remember us beating Man U at Old Trafford in the mid 90's. It was a fantastic result but when all is said and done, they were a much team than us. The same goes for Southampton and Sunderland. Just because a team doesn't look good on the day that you see them play, it doesn't mean they aren't a good team. Do you think Luton will see the Walkers at 3 easy points beacuse we played like shite against them in August? no of course not.

Agreed - I'd love to see Matty get one in the next two games and he does look better now so theres a bigger possibility of that happening.

I'm sure he's a brilliant player in the making he just needs to get his confidence up in an undoubtedly poor season for him upto now.

I think Matty was brought back into the team too quickly after injury and his sharpness is only just coming back. If you look back over all of the games he's taken part in since injury he's been nothing like his usual self. His first appearance after injury was at QPR where he came on for 15 minutes and had a glorious opportunity to win the game but fluffed his lines. Very unlike Fryatt. Can't remember him contributing a great deal when he came on against Stoke in the 2nd half but he managed to score having come on for the second 45 at Hillsborough and Elvis had had an awful day at the office (like so many others). Fryatt replaced him for the Plymouth game but his three game starting streak came to an end after the Derby match because he hardly did anything to impress and Elvis seemed to improve our frontline when coming on. Since then he's been an unused substitute or a late substitute due to Elvis grabbing a couple and contributing to the team as a whole too. It sounds like he helped set up a goal today and he looked a little more like himself when he got the ball to his feet against Barnsley as we started to knock the ball around nicely. The long balls up to him don't help him show his best form.

Another point, in an interview for East Midlands Today, Mandaric said if he wasn't owner by Christmas he wouldn't be at all. He expected it to be a done deal by now. It must be frustrating for him as it is for many of our supporters.

It's a great result and the team is starting to get together and finally look cohesive and not only that get that spirit we saw in October and early December... :)

However LC Foxes are too inconsistent to call this the chance we have to get to the top 6... I think if we can keep playing and have spirit, we can climb the ladder... whether that gets us to Top 6 or not who knows, if it does so be it, if it doesn't then we can be proud of the boys for getting further up the ladder.

As long as we stay away from relegation and play committed football that most decent fans can be happy with, I'll settle for being upper mid table at the end of 2006/07 for now... :)

Archived