Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lichfieldfox.

Eat your words

Yes, but have you noticed that Levi has looked much more of a threat with Gazza in the team? As I said, it's him who opens up the space for our attacking players with his passing and vision.

Without Gazza, Levi looked decent but didn't possess the same threat he now does.

Maybe you're right. I'd like to see Williams play a few more games with Levi in the side before I make a judgement such as that though.

As I have said before, and many others did before me, Williams' passing range is the best we have, and when he can be bothered we're always likely to score goals. However I don't think it's Williams' passing that makes Levi threatening when Levi picks up the ball on his own and runs at a defender ;)

Yes, but have you noticed that Levi has looked much more of a threat with Gazza in the team? As I said, it's him who opens up the space for our attacking players with his passing and vision.

Without Gazza, Levi looked decent but didn't possess the same threat he now does.

Couldn't agree more - and the sooner he gets Kingy to give him some more help the better. Then we'd have three decent midfielders plus Wesolowski getting fitter all the time. It might almost be football time. :D

Couldn't agree more - and the sooner he gets Kingy to give him some more help the better. Then we'd have three decent midfielders plus Wesolowski getting fitter all the time. It might almost be football time. :D

Hold your horses Thrac, we'll still have Kelly as manager, so we'd be warned against attacking too much, and we'd have to go about attacking half-heartedly instead of going straight for the kill!

i've always known williams has class and ability, he just fails to show it often enough and looks not bothered half the time (until it's contract renewal or bosman time! :ph34r: ).

i'd love it if he showed his undoubted ability more often than 1 game in 6 (or whatever)

Always liked Williams, he's got the talent but he can somtimes be so damn lazy, its these moments of magic that really can infuriate people, if he could only string these performances together he'd be one of the best players in the league IMHO.

What really scares me is that if the MM doesnt come in, then Williams (together with Nissa, Tiatto and who ever amougst our better players can generate sufficent cash) will be gone and replaced by some freebie in the Josh Low, Andy Johnson mould :(

He is a good player, but has never shown it over a long stretch!!! Hopefully he can keep it up. Is it a surprise really considering his best form for forest was in the last year of his contract.
I think the reason many people get on his back is because, we all know he has the ability to play well every game, just a shame he doesn't use it every game.
Etc etc.

Said it all along. He's infuriating, the most gifted player we have, yet one of the laziest at times.

He's out of contract in the summer, which may suggest why he's playing so well. for instance the end of his days at forest he was playing at his best and scored about 6 goals in 8 games from midfield. Its happening all over again and has soon has he puts pen to paper its back to the can't be arsed stage again.

I think Gareth would be more of a benefit to us if RK released the shackles on him. Why the manager forces him to play the Michael Carrick holding role I do not know. A little bit of credit due to CL because one of the best performances I have seen Willo play was Blackpool at home in the FA Cup where Levien allowed him to drift forward. Ok Blackpool arent the greatest side but because of this free role Willo created so much and scored the goal to hand us a replay.

Whatever happens to his form, Gareth Williams will always possess the required passing quality for the Premiership.

His best game was last season in the away Carling Cup fixture at Bolton where again he dominated the midfield as welll as scoring a cracking goal. I was a bit miffed to come away from the Reebok after a loss but saw a quality in him that has began to emerge once again.

He has the potential without doubt. I heard a few seasons back Liverpool's £5m bid was turned down. Don't know how much truth was in that but I know Premier League side were sniffing.

A few good games doesn't make him our best player though, he needs to be more consistant.

No coincidence that Williams reappears just before January 1st and we have an up turn in form. Call me cynical but someone needs a new contract next season be it here or elsewhere.

You'll see a very different Williams to the one we have had for the last 2.5 seasons from here on in.....

No coincidence that Williams reappears just before January 1st and we have an up turn in form. Call me cynical but someone needs a new contract next season be it here or elsewhere.

You'll see a very different Williams to the one we have had for the last 2.5 seasons from here on in.....

I tend to agree with you, a few of us on here expected him to perform this season in order to get a better contract elsewhere.

Archived