Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lichfieldfox.

Eat your words

Recognise this?

"GARETH WILLIAMS IS CRAP....LETS GIVE HIM TO FOREST FOR XMAS"

I beg to differ once again

Absolutely - Gareth doesnt just need to score the winning goal (like today) just to show us that he's our best midfield player by a cow's mile.

I've said it all along - Gareth Williams is a class player and one of the best at our club.

Also, was it Wolves when he came back into the side from injury? And now from there its been 3 wins and a draw? :P

i've always known williams has class and ability, he just fails to show it often enough and looks not bothered half the time (until it's contract renewal or bosman time! :ph34r: ).

i'd love it if he showed his undoubted ability more often than 1 game in 6 (or whatever)

Recognise this?

"GARETH WILLIAMS IS CRAP....LETS GIVE HIM TO FOREST FOR XMAS"

I beg to differ once again

Sheer class is stretching it a bit!

An above average Championship player with the ability to be a below average Premiership player is how I'd describe him but I'm not going to spoil the two wins in a row party so if you think he's sheer class we'll leave it at that :cool:;)

Sheer class is stretching it a bit!

An above average Championship player with the ability to be a below average Premiership player is how I'd describe him but I'm not going to spoil the two wins in a row party so if you think he's sheer class we'll leave it at that :cool:;)

Erm we drew the last game.

Always liked Williams, he's got the talent but he can somtimes be so damn lazy, its these moments of magic that really can infuriate people, if he could only string these performances together he'd be one of the best players in the league IMHO.

What really scares me is that if the MM doesnt come in, then Williams (together with Nissa, Tiatto and who ever amougst our better players can generate sufficent cash) will be gone and replaced by some freebie in the Josh Low, Andy Johnson mould :(

I think the reason many people get on his back is because, we all know he has the ability to play well every game, just a shame he doesn't use it every game.

yeah agree, aswel to me some games he dont look interested and looks to lazy! but yea can be top quality on his day

Another poster on another forum just back from the game, has just said this about Williams:

:D:D;):thumbup:

I'm baffled! Nothing unusual there you might say.

Do that many people take laptops to away games or do they go straight to an Internet cafe after the match?

The games been finished 15 minutes and they are saying "it's the best I've seen him play" :unsure:

I'm baffled! Nothing unusual there you might say.

Do that many people take laptops to away games or do they go straight to an Internet cafe after the match?

The games been finished 15 minutes and they are saying "it's the best I've seen him play" :unsure:

Erm your assuming the person lives in Leicester, Maybe the person lives in hull 15mins from there ground ?

I've always been a fan of him. He has bags full of ability but he just does'nt show it enough.

I'd agree with saying it was his best performance for us , he was fantastic today lets see if he can carry it on.

It seems fairly significant to me that as soon as we get a bit of creativty in midfield - fully fit or not - we start to performmore effectively.

Pity we had to waste most of the first half of the season before we picked such a player and its a pity we don't go the whole hog and finish the job.

And what will we do if he's injured again - continue to ignore proper attacking alternatives like King?

It's also interesting that, since the return of attacker Williams we haven't suddenly started to concede more goals. In fact we're conceding fewer goals. So why the hell have we ever played two defence orientated players in midfield previously?

It seems fairly significant to me that as soon as we get a bit of creativty in midfield - fully fit or not - we start to performmore effectively.

Pity we had to waste most of the first half of the season before we picked such a player and its a pity we don't go the whole hog and finish the job.

And what will we do if he's injured again - continue to ignore proper attacking alternatives like King?

It's also interesting that, since the return of attacker Williams we haven't suddenly started to concede more goals. In fact we're conceding fewer goals. So why the hell have we ever played two defence orientated players in midfield previously?

Is Andy King your new Alan Sheehan?

You make think he is ready for the first team Thrac, but our management team don't 'cos if they do he'd be there now.

Let him develop in the Academy, and bring him into the fold next season, unless we have a major injury crisis this season.

williams was shite against cardiff, his passing was all over the place.

he's a lazy player who let's himself down on many occasions. We all know he has ability, it's just the frustration of watching him not live up to it.

let's hope he can get a bit of consistency

Is Andy King your new Alan Sheehan?

You make think he is ready for the first team Thrac, but our management team don't 'cos if they do he'd be there now.

Let him develop in the Academy, and bring him into the fold next season, unless we have a major injury crisis this season.

It's no use waiting for major crises to develop people. We missed Williams dreadfully because there is no attacking alternative.

We've failed to develop Dodds, for whatever reason, and the January window apart, we'll have our familiar midfield problems if King isn't involved and Williams gets hurt again.

People said Porter wasn't ready and when he disappeared from the team there was barely a whisper of dissent. Yet look how valuable he's been.

King is no Sheehan or Gradel temperamentally. He's hardworking and reliable. And just because a few fans might think our limitations have been negated by 10 points out of 12 that, to my mind, is the perfect time to do some more team development.

Gradel's a risk player who's worth finding out about but I've no doubt whatsoever about the quailities of Dodds and King.

Why wait til next season when we have our limitations now ie: no right winger, no alternative fourth striker and no alternative attacking midfielder.

Archived