Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in a Box

Tomi Petrescu

It's a weird one hey?

Him, Dawson, Stearman & Wright should be playing for Man Utd by now, surely, judging by how hyped up they all were?

Of course, I'm sure the likes of Gradel & Dodds have different futures entirely waiting for them.

It's a weird one hey?

Him, Dawson, Stearman & Wright should be playing for Man Utd by now, surely, judging by how hyped up they all were?

Of course, I'm sure the likes of Gradel & Dodds have different futures entirely waiting for them.

Do you really have to bring that up? I can hear Thracian tapping away as we speak.

I think it's unfair to put Stearman in with Dawson, Wright and Petrescu. At least Stearman has proven himself at this level and is attracting interest from the premiership. The other 3, although looked very good in the academies, have obviously not got what it takes. Mansfield fans have said that Dawson is showing signs of being far too good for League Two level.

True although he stayed for a few more years beyond his teens!

Its weird that when players leave Leicester that there careers usually go tats up!!

Precisely why most of us aren't too bothered by the lack of appearances from Gradel, King, Dodds et al.

Precisely why most of us aren't too bothered by the lack of appearances from Gradel, King, Dodds et al.

I'm just glad not everyone is so utterly blinkered as you are. Why you so rarely speak of our best young players with anything but a sneer I don't know - especially when I consider the positive outlook they represent compared to some of the limited journeymen who've worn our beloved shirt these last couple of years.

I'm just glad not everyone is so utterly blinkered as you are. Why you so rarely speak of our best young players with anything but a sneer I don't know - especially when I consider the positive outlook they represent compared to some of the limited journeymen who've worn our beloved shirt these last couple of years.

I'm just glad not everyone is so utterly blinkered as you are. Why you so rarely speak of our best young players with anything but over the top bigging up I don't know - especially when I consider the less than positive outcomes of our previous bigged up youngsters who have become limited journeymen. :thumbup:

I'm just glad not everyone is so utterly blinkered as you are. Why you so rarely speak of our best young players with anything but over the top bigging up I don't know - especially when I consider the less than positive outcomes of our previous bigged up youngsters who have become limited journeymen. :thumbup:

You should have been a bodyguard. I can understand it with the ladies but why Anish should need your protection I don't know. Perhaps it's a Brotherhood.

I cannot imagine what the fortunes of long forgotten young players have got to do with anything anymore than the abilities of Len Chalmers or Frank Large are relevent to today's old uns.

But the fact that, apart from a few notable exceptions like Heskey and Shilton, our production line of youngsters has been disgracefully sparse, is nothing at all to be proud of, quite the contrary and, apart from contributing to our recent predicament has probably sewn the seeds of cynicism which you and your comrades seem so happy to water.

I could give chapter and verse as the reasons for that but won't bother cos the words will be wasted.

But there is no reason that situation should continue and while I don't imagine you'll agree, once we do bring a few of our own trainees to success then there is no reason the production line shouldn't feed itself and pay decent medium and long-term dividends in restoring the much fallen fortunes which the existing status quo has so long delivered.

You should have been a bodyguard. I can understand it with the ladies but why Anish should need your protection I don't know. Perhaps it's a Brotherhood.

I'm sure that Anish is more than able to look after himself. It's about agreeing with him.

I cannot imagine what the fortunes of long forgotten young players have got to do with anything anymore than the abilities of Len Chalmers or Frank Large are relevent to today's old uns.

But the fact that, apart from a few notable exceptions like Heskey and Shilton, our production line of youngsters has been disgracefully sparse, is nothing at all to be proud of, quite the contrary and, apart from contributing to our recent predicament has probably sewn the seeds of cynicism which you and your comrades seem so happy to water.

I could give chapter and verse as the reasons for that but won't bother cos the words will be wasted.

But there is no reason that situation should continue and while I don't imagine you'll agree, once we do bring a few of our own trainees to success then there is no reason the production line shouldn't feed itself and pay decent medium and long-term dividends in restoring the much fallen fortunes which the existing status quo has so long delivered.

Completely agree and stand by that.

For your information, I make judgement calls on players based on what I have seen during matches.

I have never seen Gradel, King, Dodds (or any other youngster you will no doubt harp on about in the future) play - so why should I praise them? Why should I call for their inclusion in the team when I know next to nothing about them? Unlike a lot of people on here, I'm not swept away by your statements proclaiming how great they are.

I will not call for youngsters to be given opportunities just because you rate them. After all, you thought Alan Sheehan was the next Ashley Cole. Look at him now.

I trust the management and coaching staff more than I trust you. If they don't think King, Gradel, or Dodds are ready for first team football then I'll support them. Especially when I've never seen either player play.

Why is that so hard to understand?

Oh, and I'm not too bothered about academy/reserve football stats. Just because Dodds has scored tons of goals at that level it doesn't impress me much. We all thought Tommy Wright would be our saviour and he's nothing but a lower league player now.

For your information, I make judgement calls on players based on what I have seen during matches.

I have never seen Gradel, King, Dodds (or any other youngster you will no doubt harp on about in the future) play - so why should I praise them? Why should I call for their inclusion in the team when I know next to nothing about them? Unlike a lot of people on here, I'm not swept away by your statements proclaiming how great they are.

I will not call for youngsters to be given opportunities just because you rate them. After all, you thought Alan Sheehan was the next Ashley Cole. Look at him now.

I trust the management and coaching staff more than I trust you. If they don't think King, Gradel, or Dodds are ready for first team football then I'll support them. Especially when I've never seen either player play.

Why is that so hard to understand?

Oh, and I'm not too bothered about academy/reserve football stats. Just because Dodds has scored tons of goals at that level it doesn't impress me much. We all thought Tommy Wright would be our saviour and he's nothing but a lower league player now.

Your right in what you say there Anish, and it's not as if Kelly hasn't given youngsters a chance. Look at Porter and Logan, both has impressed this season. The future for those two looks bright if they work hard and keep improving.

Thracian watches the academy regularly and is obviously aware of the talents of some of our youngsters. I also watch them as much as I can and I agree with what he says regarding some aspects of his appraisal of our youth team. There is certainly reason for optimism in our academy at present, all being well we could produce some good youngsters that can improve our side or at least raise some funds. I am also aware that just because they look shit hot for our youth team, that it won't automatically mean they rip teams to pieces at first team level. That's down to the coaches to try and get the best out of them and get them to progress.

My only concern is that, given our league position and a building belief that Kelly's not all he's cracked up to be. Can we trust him to make the right decisions? Perhaps Dodds is good enough, but Kelly can't see it?

Archived