Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lineker's Left Foot

Big Mistake A Manager Made At City

I know there have been loads of mistakes about managers at City, but IMO one of the BIGGEST mistakes was Pleat never giving Jimmy Quinn much of a chance in 1988/89.

That's why I could never stand Pleat :mad:

At the time we had Mike Newell he was very infuential at the time and basically ran the dressing room, seemed to have a hold over Pleat (photos??)

He had a big say in who and how we played, if i rememeber correctly Quinn was the highest scorer in all 4 divs before he joined us

Newell has contined this approach until the today!

Add this lad to the list....

Arnar Gunnlaugsson

I never really thought he got that much of a chance tbh... Anyways, he was an O'Neill signing and if that was the worst decision O'Neill made I'm sure he'd be happy with that! Personally I thought it was Rob Ullathorne...

And Matt Jones wasn't a bad player (apart from always being injured)- Lewis, Akinbadbuy and Delaney and Marshall were all MUCH worse signings imho.

At the time we had Mike Newell he was very infuential at the time and basically ran the dressing room, seemed to have a hold over Pleat (photos??)

He had a big say in who and how we played, if i rememeber correctly Quinn was the highest scorer in all 4 divs before he joined us

Newell has contined this approach until the today!

I shook hands with Newell when received a kids' football trophy with my local club. Yes I can't stand Pleat either, but since the recent controversies surrounding Newell and that penalty in 1992, Newell has gone RIGHT DOWN in my estimations of him. :(

Peter Taylor made many ricketts in his time from actually joining the club spending millions on players who were not good enough, but the worst thing he ever did at Lcfc was fookin off Walshy.

Word has it he was promised by a coaching role with LCFC, but PT went back on it prob as he was such a figure at the club, and PT was doing shocking!

When you ask for a recogniseable figure in football or the club there you have the best in Walshy and PT just let him go....................... What a WankerKernt oh its too early! :ph34r::thumbup:

CUFC here we come!

Blue Army!

Peter Taylor made many ricketts in his time from actually joining the club spending millions on players who were not good enough, but the worst thing he ever did at Lcfc was fookin off WALSHY

Word has it he was promised by a coaching role with LCFC, but PT went back on it prob as he was such a figure at the club, and PT was doing shocking!

When you ask for a recogniseable figure in football or the club there you have the best in Walshy and PT just let him go....................... What a WankerKernt oh its too early! :ph34r::thumbup:

CUFC here we come!

Blue Army!

He didn't want to leave and he didn't want to play for Norwich. He previously told me he dispised Bryan Hamilton, but had to go and play for him.

Was on a 3 day bender before going to Norwich and turned up first day half pissed

Was also serving a drink driving ban at the time and had too get the 7.30 train from Leic daily

It Didn't work out, at least he seems sorted now

I never really thought he got that much of a chance tbh... Anyways, he was an O'Neill signing and if that was the worst decision O'Neill made I'm sure he'd be happy with that! Personally I thought it was Rob Ullathorne...

And Matt Jones wasn't a bad player (apart from always being injured)- Lewis, Akinbadbuy and Delaney and Marshall were all MUCH worse signings imho.

What more than paying £1million for Graham Fenton!!!! Surely that can't be right!!!

as for Arnie I think it was a time and a place thing to and he did score some awesome goals for us!!

what about o'neil letting zagorakis go?

wasn't he european player of the year a few years back?

didn't Theo Leave on a free transfer?? at the time we had what some might say was the very best midfield in the clubs history with Lennon, Savage and Muzzy and MON just couldn't guarantee him first team football he was also homesick and wanted to go home

Peter Taylor made many ricketts in his time from actually joining the club spending millions on players who were not good enough, but the worst thing he ever did at Lcfc was fookin off Walshy.

CUFC here we come!

Blue Army!

i think they had to let him go. he was sh@gging half his team mates wives (alledgedly). not good for team moral.

Archived