Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Dodds and some other youth teamer on the bench.

I saw dodds and i'm guesssing gradel or odihambo on the leicester city bench today watching the game? Would there be a reason for this or did they just go to watch the game?

I was just wondering if kelly was getting them used to first team match day routines and breaking them in gently for when they get a call up.

However I may be reading into this too much :P

It was to get used to the view :D

I dont know the reasons why but maybe if funds arent available and MM doesnt take over, he will have no option but to blood more youngsters, probably earlier than planned.

I saw dodds and i'm guesssing gradel or odihambo on the leicester city bench today watching the game? Would there be a reason for this or did they just go to watch the game?

I was just wondering if kelly was getting them used to first team match day routines and breaking them in gently for when they get a call up.

However I may be reading into this too much :P

Nothing unusual in that. Apart from his brief spell at Northwich watching matches is about all he's done on a Saturday all season.

Dean%20Shostak%20and%20Glass%20Violin.jpg

Not my fault it takes so long for the message to get through.

But, just our of curiosity, I wonder how you would feel if you were 20 years old, had just played arguably the best three seasons football of your life, and despite goal after goal you then spent the best part of half a season twiddling your thumbs?.

And that at a time when your club's first team scoring record was abouty as bad as it could get.

Don't expect me to apoligise for defending his corner.

As far as I'm concerned he should have been on our bench from day one this season - never mind having to wait into 2007 and quite possible a whole lot longer.

But, just our of curiosity, I wonder how you would feel if you were 20 years old, had just played arguably the best three seasons football of your life, and despite goal after goal you then spent the best part of half a season twiddling your thumbs?.

And that at a time when your club's first team scoring record was abouty as bad as it could get.

As far as I'm concerned he should have been on our bench from day one this season - never mind having to wait into 2007 and quite possible a whole lot longer.

I'm well aware of your feeling on this matter :thumbup: I'm not expecting a apology, I'm hoping one day you might give it a rest. :whistle: it looks like Mr Dodds is going to leave LCFC without ever playing a game, wright or wrong get over it.

I'm well aware of your feeling on this matter :thumbup: I'm not expecting a apology, I'm hoping one day you might give it a rest. :whistle:it looks like Mr Dodds is going to leave LCFC without ever playing a game, wright or wrong get over it.

Thats gonna hurt. :unsure:

I'm well aware of your feeling on this matter :thumbup: I'm not expecting a apology, I'm hoping one day you might give it a rest. :whistle: it looks like Mr Dodds is going to leave LCFC without ever playing a game, wright or wrong get over it.

:o

I hope he doesn't if O'Grady can have a game I don't see why "the clubs most natural finisher" shouldn't

:o

I hope he doesn't if O'Grady can have a game I don't see why "the clubs most natural finisher" shouldn't

Yes I can't spell. :appl::jump: well done for noticing

If he was going to get a chance he would of had it by now me thinks. With his contract being up at the end of the season and unlike Logan and Porter he's had no offer, it looking like curtains. Him being 20 it's best for him to move on too. He's wasting his time here, and we're wasting our money employing him to do naff all.

I do agree though, I'd sooner see him on the bench than Hammond or the O'G monster. Tis a shame, Rob Kelly must think there is something seriously wrong with his game, dunno what, certainly not finishing or postioning thats for certain. The only thing I can think of is the fact that he can't pass dribble or hold the ball up as well as Fryatt or Hume.

Yes I can't spell. :appl::jump: well done for noticing

If he was going to get a chance he would of had it by now me thinks. With his contract being up at the end of the season and unlike Logan and Porter he's had no offer, it looking like curtains. Him being 20 it's best for him to move on too. He's wasting his time here, and we're wasting our money employing him to do naff all.

I do agree though, I'd sooner see him on the bench than Hammond or the O'G monster. Tis a shame, Rob Kelly must think there is something seriously wrong with his game, dunno what, certainly not finishing or postioning thats for certain. The only thing I can think of is the fact that he can't pass dribble or hold the ball up as well as Fryatt or Hume.

Or perhaps because he's not really a supplementary defender like Hume. :whistle:

i know how this feels! i was playing in the school b team two years ago and last year, and i kept clean sheets every match almost single handedly the other back 3 were pathetic lol, and i still only got to line the A team matches its really frustrating.

Yea, digging in for the team, who does he think he is, twat.

Good teams are made up of different types of players who compliment each other - as you well know Manwell.

Tiatto might be a good tackler but he precious little use when it comes to scoring goals.

Same as Maybury, Hughes Williams and McAuley. But no-one calls them twats.

Good teams are made up of different types of players who compliment each other - as you well know Manwell.

Tiatto might be a good tackler but he precious little use when it comes to scoring goals.

I've often called Tiatto a twat, in fact he's sometimes referred to as Twatto. :P

I can't believe dodds has still not managed to at least make the bench for a league game when we have one of the worst goal scoring records for this league.

Maybury was getting forward as just like you are always banging on about today and came very close to scoring, iatto was playing some cracking cross-field balls as was williams and mcauley did well at right back today also

Indeed, why I find it strange that your having a go at our top scorer by quite some way for dropping back and helping the team. He's the only player we have who has scored a reasnoable amount of goals in this league.

Indeed, why I find it strange that your having a go at our top scorer by quite some way for dropping back and helping the team. He's the only player we have who has scored a reasnoable amount of goals in this league.

I was not having a go at Hume at all. Hume is as good as we've got. I simply said that Dodds is not the same style of player.

You've got to look at how Kelly's been willing to give O'Grady chances in the first team and then question why Dodds hasn't been given those same chances. O'Grady, for me, is not good enough for this football club but can just about get away with being a back-up player. If Kelly reckons Dodds is a worse player than CO'G then I don't think Dodds will have a future here.

I don't think Dodds' scoring record for the youths and reserves would guarantee him success though. We've had plenty of good goalscorers in our Academy over recent years who have then gone on to do very little for our football club (Tommy Wright and Jon Stevenson spring straight to mind). You only have to look back a couple of seasons to see O'Grady scoring bag fulls for what was then known as the under 17s. Wouldn't say he looks much of a goal threat myself. He was well into double figures by Christmas time one season in Youth team football.

I think we should scrap the youth team, sell Dodds as a hatstand and loan Thracian out to a Derby forum until he regains some sharpness.

In fairness to Thracian, Porter was on his list of players who should break in to the first team.Kelly eventually played him but not before trying and failing with just about every other option inc loans

I rememeber watching a light weight Lineker in the ressies, Jock Wallace saw the potential and went to his house and advised that he should eat lots of liver...would he have got a sniff with Kelly?

Rememeber watching Kitson in the ressies and tipped him to be the next 1m player to leave.

I have only watched Dodds a couple of times so I can't really comment, but can understand the frustration of somebody who has watched him who thinks we have a player with something to offer

We can only hope and assume that RK can spot the suitability and quality in a player, but with the exeption of McCauly his has done little to convince me

Archived