Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jonesy_rules

Exams

I never got nervous when i took my exams , Because i just didn't give a feck!

53930[/snapback]

You'll go far in life with that spirit Ash! :blink::P

53959[/snapback]

I will , it's just i didn't care about School

I've realised that exams really do mean feck all...I did well at school and got good results throughout my academics but that counts for very little in the world of employment. You soon realise that there isn't any form of meritocracy in the workplace and that you may as well have fecked up your exams and had a good time instead. ;)

Or am I being too cynical?

That as actually made me feel alot lot better.Jus found out that i need 5 C's to get into College to do a NVQ level 1 in Plumbing.im not the brightest so i was worried :ermm:

I've realised that exams really do mean feck all...I did well at school and got good results throughout my academics but that counts for very little in the world of employment. You soon realise that there isn't any form of meritocracy in the workplace and that you may as well have fecked up your exams and had a good time instead. ;)

Or am I being too cynical?

54016[/snapback]

Sort of but not really. I did Computer Science at University and I never or rarely use the skills I was taught in my job (except the more general skills). However without the degree it is more difficult to get the job in the first place. It is a game and you must play it. :( <_<

In this day and age, not having qualifications is not an option. ;)

53930[/snapback]

53930[/snapback]

You'll go far in life with that spirit Ash! :blink::P

53959[/snapback]

I will , it's just i didn't care about School

53973[/snapback]

Same ere mate!

Don't let me get started on School, I hate school, I have my reasons and I have my reasons for why I did rubbish at school, please I don't wanna post paragraphs and paragraphs on the subject though!

Anyway in brief I hated school because I wasn't like most of people they were happy to sit there and write, and learn all the acedemic shit! I wasn't I actually wanted to do things! I was more of a practical learner, I was considered 'thick' because I did crap in exams...funny how I did much better than all of them in Art and Technology ah? But that doesn't count does it? It the results that count, G's and E's I got...I must be thick! In most school they do a thing called 'Nova' where you finish school at something like Year 9/10 go college and learn practical things, Machnics, Carpenters, Bricklaying, e.t.c...Nope not my school...You had to be a "bad lad" to do that!

Its funny because in a few years all the people who called me "thick" at school will all be paying of there massive Uni debts, and I'll be 1) Employed (Possibly Self-Employed!) 2) No debt 3) Have Savings 4) Its very early but have money being put into pention so I don't have to work till god knows! AND 5) If my plans go right...I'll be living in Australia!

-Damn!...That turned out to be a longer post than I planned!

See fukin school, I said I didn't wanna get started on the subject! Oh well...I could write for hours why I hated school, e.t.c!

I hate exams, I usually perform shite in them. I'll start an exam, then my mind goes blank.  :(

54071[/snapback]

Unfortunately not everyone is academicaly minded, some people are more practical, I believe there is a plan to integrate more practical subjects into schools - exams are becoming less important I think.

I do fantastically in exams, coursework was my downfall!!  If it wasn't for coursework (or lack of in my case), I'd be a barrister now!

54091[/snapback]

hopefully i can live your/my dream - ill keep you informed :thumbup:

oh todays exams were how can i put it....hard

I do fantastically in exams, coursework was my downfall!!  If it wasn't for coursework (or lack of in my case), I'd be a barrister now!

54091[/snapback]

hopefully i can live your/my dream - ill keep you informed :thumbup:

oh todays exams were how can i put it....hard

54149[/snapback]

Good luck to you Benji, it's very hard work and without the right grades virtually impossible :(

Yup good luck to everyone doing exams. Was at the same stage last year and know how crappy it can be. I'm just glad I have this one year before I have to start doing work again

I had a 3 hour exam on my first day back at Uni.

That was pretty homoerotic if you ask me.

[Maths] Analysis I and [Maths] Foundations rolled into one BITCH exam.

The problem I find I have with exams is that I always have a song stuck in my head which I just keep singing to myself and forget the work.

Fr'instance, this time I had two:

Starship - We Built This City

Fleetwood Mac - The Chain

"WE BUILT THIS CITY..... WE BUILT THIS CITY ON ROOOOOCK AND ROOOOOOOOLL"

I had a 3 hour exam on my first day back at Uni.

That was pretty homoerotic if you ask me.

[Maths] Analysis I and [Maths] Foundations rolled into one BITCH exam.

The problem I find I have with exams is that I always have a song stuck in my head which I just keep singing to myself and forget the work.

Fr'instance, this time I had two:

Starship - We Built This City

Fleetwood Mac - The Chain

"WE BUILT THIS CITY..... WE BUILT THIS CITY ON ROOOOOCK AND ROOOOOOOOLL"

54233[/snapback]

lol im a bit like that, in an exam something will pop in my mind, a tune or something and id keep thinking who it was by or how it goes

i'd do so much better if you could listen to mp3 players

54091[/snapback]

I'm other way round :ermm:

54224[/snapback]

Funny, 'cos I should be better at coursework on account of being female, and you should excel in exams!!

So much for stereotypes ;)

Archived