Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ed 1

Joey to return (to Burnley)

''A club who have finished above you in the league regularly in recent seasons, who in their history have won more than you can ever hope to''

A worthy point

''a club who payed their debts rather than abuse the administration route''

A bit of a niggly one there. i have no doubt your club would do the same if faced with closure.

.burnley_ternent2_large.jpg

Don't encourage him, we did not abuse the administration route, we were forced into it.

And yet as a result of your actions the Football League changed its rules?

Look whatever. We seem to have a decent standard player at this level for 150K.

Yeah but even with the rule change we would still have got promoted, so it really doesn't make a difference.

LINK HERE (OFFICIAL SITE)

Rob Kelly wanted Gudjonsson but was told we couldn't afford him ...

"Joey is a player who we have monitored closely since he left, and we would have liked to have brought him back. I asked the question, but was told that we weren't in a position to do anything.

"That is where we are and in the end there was nothing we could do about it.

"Joey was our player of the season and if we could have brought him back then it would have given everyone a lift."

But it does show intent i suppose, i dont know why he had to monitor him though, he was with kelly for bloddy ages

He was probably monitoring him to see if he was available to us.

lets offer burnly 200,000 seeing as they payed 150,000 and see if they will let us have him!

would love to see him back in a city shirt, LOVED him!

gutting that he has come bk to an english club and we will have to watch him in a diff shirt :cry::cry::cry::cry:

lets offer burnly 200,000 seeing as they payed 150,000 and see if they will let us have him!

gutting that he has come bk to an english club and we will have to watch him in a diff shirt :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Forget the 200k, If you really want him back that much Holly....maybe the lure of a woman could do it????????? :D:P:whistle:

well it doesnt but i aint one to wreck a happy family!

however if it was for the sake of a decent signing lol

exactly, you will then have joey on the pitch as well as off it :thumbup:

It's not the first time Kelly's been to the board looking for a bit of money to do something and he's been told no. He wanted to bring Stead in on loan before Derby took him on loan. Ironically he scored the winner for Derby against us. He knew Stead from his Blackburn days and was very keen but was not to be. I know managers can't get everyone they want but these aren't massive money signings, just loans and small fee signings.

I just watched Steve Cotterill`s interview on Sky Sports News and he said that they paid £150k up front but it could rise by upto £350k (probably £100k if he captains Burnley to Champs League win, 10p if they win promotion, £200k if Ade Panicbuyi scores a goal and the rest based around Iceland winning the World Cup).

The greedy bugger shouldnt have left in the first place :angry:

I just watched Steve Cotterill`s interview on Sky Sports News and he said that they paid £150k up front but it could rise by upto £350k (probably £100k if he captains Burnley to Champs League win, 10p if they win promotion, £200k if Ade Panicbuyi scores a goal and the rest based around Iceland winning the World Cup).

The greedy bugger shouldnt have left in the first place :angry:

ooooohhh that book u have as ur sig, my dad got one of them for his b-day

Archived