Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ed 1

Joey to return (to Burnley)

If we’re actually serious about a promotion challenge IF the takeover goes through then we’ll need far better players who than Joey Gudjohnson.

Joey, no thanks.

why is everyone saying joey is bad?

i dont get it :dunno:

last season everybody was singing his praises he kept us going or can you not remember that?

joey is a good midfield player who would constantly give 120% on the pitch, he was leicester engine room, even tho relied heavly upon joey he still came out immense.

i for one would love joey to come back with him and williams playing together in cm i think thats one of the best pairngs in the league

last season everybody was singing his praises he kept us going or can you not remember that?

joey is a good midfield player who would constantly give 120% on the pitch, he was leicester engine room, even tho relied heavly upon joey he still came out immense.

i for one would love joey to come back with him and williams playing together in cm i think thats one of the best pairngs in the league

I've countered this argument many times. Why not check out one of the many threads about him which probably begin with a post along the lines of 'Joiey iz da best, we is krazy2 let imgo2anuva club n he rlly luvs dis club n he neva wntd2go cuz i no he luv it here!!! E is propa braaap innit n e scord frm the harth way line!!! Bet nunov u cud do dat!'.

In reality he was mediocre. He had good games, but more poor ones to be honest. For every good goal he scored there were 15-20 examples of him shooting well over, well wide when a teammate was well placed to receive a pass etc etc oh fook it I can't be arsed with this... yes he's the greatest player ever and I'm absolutely miffed that with the best player in the world on our books we managed to finish so low in the table!!!

I've countered this argument many times. Why not check out one of the many threads about him which probably begin with a post along the lines of 'Joiey iz da best, we is krazy2 let imgo2anuva club n he rlly luvs dis club n he neva wntd2go cuz i no he luv it here!!! E is propa braaap innit n e scord frm the harth way line!!! Bet nunov u cud do dat!'.

In reality he was mediocre. He had good games, but more poor ones to be honest. For every good goal he scored there were 15-20 examples of him shooting well over, well wide when a teammate was well placed to receive a pass etc etc oh fook it I can't be arsed with this... yes he's the greatest player ever and I'm absolutely miffed that with the best player in the world on our books we managed to finish so low in the table!!!

I agree with TPH, not that i would mind having him back, but it's not end of the world, he was great at time and also poor. With additional cash i'm sure we can find someone better!!

Looks like it's been confirmed, £150k on a 3.5 year deal. Now he aint no world beater but for that kind of money surely he'd add something to our squad.

Agree to that... but not exactly gutted we've missed out.

3.5 year deal?? Hahahaha!

His longest spell ever was with us and his agent was working ten to the dozen after about a year and a half to get him out of here!

Agree to that... but not exactly gutted we've missed out.

3.5 year deal?? Hahahaha!

His longest spell ever was with us and his agent was working ten to the dozen after about a year and a half to get him out of here!

150k is a bargain really, 9 goals in this division last season.

How can Burnley fail now? The creative midfield skills of Djema x2 and Joey (not from Friends) and the mesmeric skills of the goal scorer supreme, Ade Panicbuyi. Time to get to the bookies and put them up for relegation :D

On a serious note, Joey is a good player but he seems to be one of those footballers that moves so often that you think he just wants more money, more money and moooooooooo money! Short term deals, free transfers, approaching the end of his contract etc etc. He seems like too much trouble and not the type of player that you can count on. Also Im not convinced the reason he left us is because we didnt offer him a deal. Maybe not the crazy deal he deserved but Im sure even CL would have wanted to keep our player of the season and a midfielder who got around double figures in goals?

Anyway, good luck to him but I get the feeling he will have moved on somewhere else by the summer when he is forced to live amongst the Burnley slums :P

Looks like it's been confirmed, £150k on a 3.5 year deal. Now he aint no world beater but for that kind of money surely he'd add something to our squad.

where abouts cant see it on sky sports?

Well in truth he sounds like he could add something we are currently missing. At 150K you know you are not getting Fabregas

Not sure I appreciate the club like Burnley comments. A club who have finished above you in the league regularly in recent seasons, who in their history have won more than you can ever hope to, a club who payed their debts rather than abuse the administration route. Come on guys, show other clubs the respect you'd hope your own club would get.

Well in truth he sounds like he could add something we are currently missing. At 150K you know you are not getting Fabregas

Not sure I appreciate the club like Burnley comments. A club who have finished above you in the league regularly in recent seasons, who in their history have won more than you can ever hope to, a club who payed their debts rather than abuse the administration route. Come on guys, show other clubs the respect you'd hope your own club would get.

Could we extend this to the past say... 15 years?

Thought not.

Its all fun mate but without wanting to get too deep into a Burnley/Leicester war of words, your club has hardly done anything in the last few decades. AS for having a pop at us when we were in administration, remember where you are as this isnt an open forum for everyone to come on and have a go at our club.

Its all fun mate but without wanting to get too deep into a Burnley/Leicester war of words, your club has hardly done anything in the last few decades. AS for having a pop at us when we were in administration, remember where you are as this isnt an open forum for everyone to come on and have a go at our club.

Hence my point about showing other clubs respect. Agreed we've done nothing since the 70's and barring a major miracle nor are we likely to do.

The problem I always had with Joey was who to partner him with. He's not creative enough to be your attacking midfielder, nor defensive enough to be your defensive one. Put him with Williams and we're too weak in the middle, put him with Johnson (our defensive midfielder! ) and we don't create.

Still he did score from the half way line!

Hence my point about showing other clubs respect. Agreed we've done nothing since the 70's and barring a major miracle nor are we likely to do.

Lets hope you are right as for the average fan having to travel to shiteholes like Wigan is bad enough but to have to go to Burnley would be tragic. Imagine if you AND Barnsley were there with Halifax, I think that would be the end of football in this country :D

I don't recall that pairing being particularly successful last time around.

Perhaps if clubs like you found out the truth instead of spouting and following the tabloid trash you would gain some respect.

Let's look at the events of Leicester

Leicester City had already gone down when their money troubles came to light. The recently completed Walkers Stadium (worth around £32m of the £50m debt the club had at the time of administration) the collapse of the ITV Digital deal and the cost of premiership wages in a division that could not support them cost Leicester dear. But all hope was not lost.

The Board of Directors at that time had agreed with the players and backroom staff that there would be a wage deferral of 25% and a complete bonus deferral until the end of that season. They also agreed with all but one of their creditors a repayment scheme that would mean Leicester would avoid going into administration, whilst ensuring that the creditors would be repaid in full in the fullness of time.

There was only one creditor who refused the repayment.

Eric Hall, agent of the recently sacked Dennis Wise, was furious that his client had been wrongly dismissed for breaking team-mate Callum Davidson's cheek-bone. He was still owed money from the sale of Wise to Leicester and refused the creditor agreement. He decided to serve a winding up petition that would have led the club into bankruptcy and extinction. His reasoning for this I cannot comment on and my only hope is that it was not malicious.

This caused the directors to have to apply for creditor protection. Once this was done, administrators were appointed. The majority of the playing squad were made available on free transfers and even Muzzy Izzet was made available for transfer if the right offer came in. A large portion of the Non Playing staff were asked to leave immediately and the players even subsidised the wages of the kit cleaning staff to ensure they turned out in fresh shirts.

Over the next four months, Leicester lived day to day. There were times when the club came close to going out of business in this time. Fortunately, the Lineker Consortium managed to raise enough funding from local businessmen, former players like Emile Heskey and even the fans who weighed in with more than £100k in support of the club. The administrators then got agreement from the creditors for debt repayment and the new company was given the go ahead to come out of administration and it should have been plain sailing for Leicester City from then on.

It wasn't.

Leicester were accused of cheating their way out of debt by every other club in the first division. There was talk of points docking and even relegation! As there was no law regarding football clubs in administration, nothing could be done, except the Football League took an unprecedented step of banning Leicester from signing any players on any terms before the end of the season. This was perceived to be punishment for any wrong-doing by the club.

Red Kitching - 26/01/2004 -© Squarefootball Ltd 2001-2005

CLUB ADMINISTRATIONS SINCE FEB 2001

Date in Date out

Hull City 7 Feb 2001 8 March 2001

Chesterfield 16 May 2001 8 March 2002

QPR 2 April 2001 27 May 2002

Swansea City 5 November 2001 25 March 2002

Bury 1 March 2002 7 June 2002

Swindon Town 27 March 2002 19 August 2002

Halifax 12 April 2002 Now in Nationwide Conference

Lincoln City 2 May 2002 21 June 2002

Bradford City 16 May 2002 31 January 2003

& 27 February 2004 10 December 2004

Carlisle United 6 June 2002 7 October 2002

Notts County 17 June 2002 3 December 2003

Barnsley 3 October 2002 12 December 2003

Leicester City 22 October 2002 12 February 2003

Port Vale 16 December 2002 14 March 2003

York City 18 December 2002 26 March 2003

Ipswich Town 10 February 2003 30 May 2003

Huddersfield Town 31 March 2003 4 August 2003

Wimbledon 5 June 2003 1 July 2004

Luton Town 14 July 2003 9 June 2004

Oldham Athletic 19 August 2003 3 February 2004

Darlington 23 December 2003 7 September 2004

Wrexham 3 December 2004

(first club to be deducted 10 points under new League Regulations)

Patricia Brown

Customer Services

The Football League Limited

I hope you lot end up in administration.

Thanks for that, we nearly did as it goes. As for being a willy puller - well there's not much to do in Burnley of an evening you know

Lets hope you are right as for the average fan having to travel to shiteholes like Wigan is bad enough but to have to go to Burnley would be tragic. Imagine if you AND Barnsley were there with Halifax, I think that would be the end of football in this country

Indeed - almost as bad as having to visit the highlights of the Midlands :D

Thanks for that, we nearly did as it goes.

Perhaps then you ought to appreciate that being so worried about the fate of your club is not a pleasant thing... to cheapen and simplify it as much as you did is ridiculous.

I only hope that one day you might experience it and achieve a little perspective while you're there.

Enjoy the Leicester rejects.

''A club who have finished above you in the league regularly in recent seasons, who in their history have won more than you can ever hope to''

A worthy point

''a club who payed their debts rather than abuse the administration route''

A bit of a niggly one there. i have no doubt your club would do the same if faced with closure.

.burnley_ternent2_large.jpg

Archived