Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ed 1

Joey to return (to Burnley)

Good stuff, we'll have a decent centre mid with Joey and Djemba-Djemba! Apparently he is having his medical at the minute (Joey that is).

I wouldn't count your chickens just yet, people on here foget Joey was diabolical for us the first season he was here, after flops at Villa Wolves and Betis (AZ as well by the looks of things).

I wouldn't mind that for a centre midfield. In this division anyway.

Yeah! I remember the last time JG played in this division... I think the club he was playing for set it alight!!

Oh no, hang on, we were shit!

Now that he's richer, less fit and blown his chance at the bigtime....

Well, fook it, I can't be bothered.

Good stuff, we'll have a decent centre mid with Joey and Djemba-Djemba! Apparently he is having his medical at the minute (Joey that is).

Whoa, hes not that good.

Championship - Average.

Premiership - Not even close to average.

He was one of a verysmall number players who shone for us last season, he wasnt that good. Infact, the Joey bandwagon only really got going after scoring from the half way line and when the team started grinding out results.

If he had stayted i reckon he'd get an average rating of 6 / 7 this season. :ph34r:

I wouldn't count your chickens just yet, people on here foget Joey was diabolical for us the first season he was here, after flops at Villa Wolves and Betis (AZ as well by the looks of things).

EXACTLY! He shone because we were shite, simple.

Holland or Joey ... doesn't matter, either would be an improvement on Andy Johnson for example.

He'd improve the squad if he replaced Andy Johnson - and that's what matters. Doesn't have to be in the first XI, but a reasonable alternative is nice to have. Especially when you consider that one of our first choice CMs is always likely to get injured or suspended. :whistle:

Furthermore, you have to consider the fact that no fewer than three of our CMs are out of contract in less than six months time. :thumbup:

Suffice to say, CM needs reinforcing at some point in the future - sooner rather than later would be nice! :mellow:

the guy scored some screamers last season and put in some very whole hearted performances.

but he is very erratic and not the kind of guy who will improve your team on his own.

he's ok but dont expect him to hang around. i think leicester was the longest he's been at a club (2 seasons)

i can count 6 non icelandic clubs

I'm not too fussed.

He was influential towards the end of last season, but a little overrated by a number of people.

Still would be a better option than Tiatto in midfield though.

Hopefully all this won't make a difference if (and it is a big if) Wesolowski can return to what he's capable of. A different player to Gudjonsson in that he's a tad more defensive, but more composed and disciplined on and off the ball.

We need Joey Gudjonsson back with us at Leicester City,

The offical takeover news is that by early week we'll be taken over by Milan.

That source came from the Leicester Murcury, we really need to start thinking about buying players.

We've only got 10 more day's of Transfer Window left, So come on Rob Kelly start buying some decent players for the Foxes.

Many Thanks

Craig Adams 22

Interesting to note that we were indeed his longest spell with a club, two years. :ph34r:

Two years is the longest Gudjonsson has spent with any club and he does feel his game has improved.

[...]

"I've also learnt that the championship is a difficult division and that you've got to be committed, and hopefully I can now transfer that commitment to my club in Holland".

BBC Leicester feature.

Archived