Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fox123

Playstation 3

Apologies if already posted......I for one shall be getting one of these to keep the Mrs quiet whilst I on here and FM 2007!

Date Announced

Sony announced the UK launch date for its next generation games console.

The PlayStation3 will hit stores on March 23 priced at £425.

It follows manufacturing problems which forced Sony to push back the PS3's European debut by four months.

About one million units of the console will go on sale in March across Europe, Africa, the Middle East and Australasia, the technology giant said.

The PS3 first launched in Japan in November and then in the US later that same month.

Shootings, attempted robberies and stampedes were reported in the US when just 400,000 of the consoles initially went on sale.

The PS3's European launch will be accompanied by about 30 new games.

David Reeves, president of Sony Computer Entertainment Europe, said: "To be able to launch with over 30 titles across every genre shows that this is our strongest launch line-up in the history of PlayStation, and is what PlayStation fans in Europe have been crying out for."

Sony blamed delays in the production of a component for the PS3's new blu-ray disc technology for its postponed European debut.

The delay meant Sony lost out to Nintendo's new Wii console in the lucrative pre-Christmas market.

sensible or untill at least october.

btw do you need a hdtv to play on it?

no but you won't get the full impact of the games!!

I myself after waiting many months got bored of waiting, outrages by the massive price £425 and a rrp on games of £60 EACH!!!! made me go for a 360 and with some great games on the way and the brilliance of xbox live made up mind and I am happy I did!!

tbh i now think that xbox is the biggest games console company in world now. sony have buggered it up big style by not realsing the ps2 and psp on time they lost alot of sale imho.

:blink::blink:

The PS2 is still the largest selling console, isn't it? And I'm sure the PSP was never late. (Could be wrong though) :dunno:

:blink::blink:

The PS2 is still the largest selling console, isn't it? And I'm sure the PSP was never late. (Could be wrong though) :dunno:

psp was ment to be realsed end of may/begining of june and was realsed september the 1st

tbh i now think that xbox is the biggest games console company in world now. sony have buggered it up big style by not realsing the ps2 and psp on time they lost alot of sale imho.

xbox isnt a console company.

I'll get one of these, but I'm gona wait for it to come down in price before I bother. Slightly OTT on pricing for it methinks.

Not sure if it will come down in price for a while because it's using the blu-ray technology, but then again there was a massive plunge in HD ready tv's not long after they first started to come out, next xmas i would say it'll be reduced by about £100-£150

Not sure if it will come down in price for a while because it's using the blu-ray technology, but then again there was a massive plunge in HD ready tv's not long after they first started to come out, next xmas i would say it'll be reduced by about £100-£150

Hmmm so then I'll still be looking at over 300 quid for it??

Is the xbox 360 a better option on the whole then? And I'm not just talking in terms of price, I'm on about overall gameplay, the range of games etc.

edit: obviously the ps3 hasn't come out but people more in the know than me may have seen screenshots etc of the ps3 in action

Hmmm so then I'll still be looking at over 300 quid for it??

Is the xbox 360 a better option on the whole then? And I'm not just talking in terms of price, I'm on about overall gameplay, the range of games etc.

edit: obviously the ps3 hasn't come out but people more in the know than me may have seen screenshots etc of the ps3 in action

Ive never played on an XBOX personally have always had Playstations, i prefer the games that they offer, like the Final Fantasy series id make judgement when it finally comes out if your not sure which to get

Ive never played on an XBOX personally have always had Playstations, i prefer the games that they offer, like the Final Fantasy series id make judgement when it finally comes out if your not sure which to get

me neither before i got my xbox360 and i love it loads

Right then mate :thumbup:

I've always had the playstations as well, haven't really been captured by the xbox. Though the way everyone is raving about xbox live, I wouldn't mind being a part of it :P

Right then mate :thumbup:

I've always had the playstations as well, haven't really been captured by the xbox. Though the way everyone is raving about xbox live, I wouldn't mind being a part of it :P

Im pretty sure there will be alot of hype about the ps3 internet based gaming when its out as well....to be honest ive never been a fan of microsoft (over priced operating systems/software which always has bugs innit)

Im pretty sure there will be alot of hype about the ps3 internet based gaming when its out as well....to be honest ive never been a fan of microsoft (over priced operating systems/software which always has bugs innit)

everythings has bugs init you just dont notice them. even sony games :o

its just some bugs are more noticable

People are actually going to pay £425 for one? Pretty much £500 by the time you've bought 2 games with it.

Seems ridiculous.

Blue-Ray my friend!! Blue Ray players are around £300.00, so if you want to be leading edge and can't be arsed to wait for Blue Ray players to become cheap, it's not bad value!!

Archived