Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

January 2007 Player of the Month

January 2007 Player of the Month  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Take Your Pick

• Henderson
    • McAuley
    • McCarthy
    • Kisnorbo
    • Maybury
    • Hughes
    • Williams
    • Porter
    • Hume
    • Fryatt
    • Tiatto
    • Weso

I went for Fryatt. The only game I've seen this month was Sunderland, where he looked far from impressive, but from what I've been able to make out he seems to have been playing better since and making his way back towards full fitness. His goal against Fulham was very nicely taken too.

Gonna go for McAuley again. He's one of only a few players to have emerged with any credit this month, doing a difficult job out of position. He needs putting back in the centre.

Kisnorbo is very close. Very, very close, in fact. the fact that I'm thinking of defenders first despite the number of goals we've shipped this month is pretty depressing and perhaps indicative of the state of the team at current.

Gonna go for McAuley again. He's one of only a few players to have emerged with any credit this month, doing a difficult job out of position. He needs putting back in the centre.

Kisnorbo is very close. Very, very close, in fact. the fact that I'm thinking of defenders first despite the number of goals we've shipped this month is pretty depressing and perhaps indicative of the state of the team at current.

Why McAuley...given the months of Jan, the only thing worth noting was his goal against Fulham. The team is contender for the worst ever. We're 4/5 pts from an 11 pt lead above relegation...and why? Because everytime the team wins a bit...you get players saying they want to move up the table.

Anyways I've realised that if Kelly doesnt win the next three, he's out.

Players of the month: Sylla, COG, Low. They brought money in the club. Many sincere thanks to whoever was involved. I really hope Cadamertari appreciates the chance he has because he is taking every cent left

Why McAuley...given the months of Jan, the only thing worth noting was his goal against Fulham. The team is contender for the worst ever. We're 4/5 pts from an 11 pt lead above relegation...and why? Because everytime the team wins a bit...you get players saying they want to move up the table.

Anyways I've realised that if Kelly doesnt win the next three, he's out.

Players of the month: Sylla, COG, Low. They brought money in the club. Many sincere thanks to whoever was involved. I really hope Cadamertari appreciates the chance he has because he is taking every cent left

There's a lot in what you say there. From what I've seen - which has been enough but hasn't been everything admittedly - McAuley was fine in central defence but is a bloody disaster at full-back.

I don't think there has been a player of the month in January.

Tiatto was a contender but was out again yesterday and only ever plays about an hour.

Fryatt has only improved to the fitness and effort levels he should have been all along but has still not started scoring.

Henderson made some excellent saves but some calamitous cock-ups.

Porter and Hume were no more than ordinary.

Who puts his head even slightly above the parapet.

Perhaps Hughes has been most consistent. But he's hardly blazed a trail of glory.

I really see no-one who deserves it but as the poll calls for a decision I'm giving my vote to Hughes as the best of a woefully bad bunch.

Have to agree here. Individually and as a team, we've been all over the shop this month even though in spells we've played some quality football (both Fulham games and first half at Colchester). Our defending has been horrifying, but considering you want us to play an all out attacking game, have these high scoring games wetted your appetite? :D

2-2

1-1

3-4

2-3

Just a shame we've not managed to win any of them.

Have to agree here. Individually and as a team, we've been all over the shop this month even though in spells we've played some quality football (both Fulham games and first half at Colchester). Our defending has been horrifying, but considering you want us to play an all out attacking game, have these high scoring games wetted your appetite? :D

2-2

1-1

3-4

2-3

Just a shame we've not managed to win any of them.

The horrible thing is Kelly acts like a brat without his kite/ball/plaything just because he has no money. He probably prefers to dream about million pound signings than give a far chance to each member of the team. Nisse? Sylla? I'm sure Nisse was better at LB. Weso? He should be playing regularly now...

I'll shut up

went for Fryatt, basically he's improved greatly and looks to have found his sharpness again shame he went off v Cardiff, outstanding V Fulham away and looked sharpe against Col U and Fulham home

Think Hughes, Kisnorbo and McAuley have also performed well Although Kisnorbo and McAuley have just continued the good work.

Porter, just ahead of Kisnorbo for me, with probably Tiatto in third (quality over quantity, I guess! :P). Mostly because of the two games I've seen this month, they've been the players who stand out, although its only by being a bit above average, true. I'd have to go for Porter ahead of Kisnorbo though, even though against Cardiff he wasn't quite as productive as against Fulham, he creates a lot of space, works hard and does create some chances even if he did fade in and out of the Cardiff match a bit because of the fact that we tried to go through the middle a little too often. Kisnorbo has been pretty good defensively most of the time, but that isn't quite enough with the current defensive form. Unfortunately, McAuley hasn't been bad and has been putting in a bit of effort, but he just isn't a good fullback - he's far too exposed in terms of pace and positioning.

Why isn't Elvis on the list???

Qualification for players is they have had to started/played the equivalent of 3 games this month.

Voting is now closed, thanks for your votes.

Running Totals

Kisnorbo = 7 points - 1 outright win

Hume = 6 points - 2 outright wins

McAuley = 6 points - 2 outright wins

Porter = 5 points

Logan = 4 points - 1 outright win

Kenton = 4 points

Stearman = 1 point

Fryatt = 1 point

Williams = 1 point

Low = 1 point

January