Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Turtles Head

The Office

Some of the put downs from the Christmas Special really were something else.

I liked the sequence with Anne and the Warehouse lads (what a bunch!).

Merry fooking Christmas!

If you have time, the above sequence is in this video @ youtube starting about 6:39. ;)

Also:

Date: Would you want to do this again?

Brent: What? With you?

Date: Yes.

Brent: Wouldn't have thought so.

lol

Brent: I'd do .....most nationalitys. Liberal.....

lol

That one tickles me every time I think about it.

Another sequence I like is a little later in that particular story-line...

Gareth: Minimum age required?

David: 25

Gareth: Don't think you should go out with a 25 year old...

Dave: Why not?

Gareth: Age difference too much [...] twenty years is too much.

Youtube: again, if you have time... 4:13 in. ;)

------

It was funny because my dad (mid 40s) went away and got talking to a girl at the airport, she was 25... He called me when he arrived in Sweden, and when he said he'd been talking to this 25 year old he'd met, quick as a flash I said "Don't think you should talk to a 25 year old..."

lol lol lol

lol lol quality. I do that, use a lot of quotes to my brother. One day we were in Leicester shopping and id just bought some new shoes. We were going clubbing that night and my brother commented that i shouldnt wear my shoes out as the club isnt exactly clean. He said this as i was paying, i turned to him and, louder than intended i said "i'm not gonna be wearing the shoes!"

whens that quote said then?

lol.

I dont think I have one favourite line but the classics like when he whips out his guitar and starts singing his "classics" were great. Singing to the receptionist when she was in tears (I think she had split up from her boyfriend) was hilarious when he said he wrote a song for her but it was actually about Princess Di :D

lol lol quality. I do that, use a lot of quotes to my brother. One day we were in Leicester shopping and id just bought some new shoes. We were going clubbing that night and my brother commented that i shouldnt wear my shoes out as the club isnt exactly clean. He said this as i was paying, i turned to him and, louder than intended i said "i'm not gonna be wearing the shoes!"

whens that quote said then?

When he's with Gareth, preparing for his 15 minutes of fame as a guest speaker. ^_^

Episode 4 of Series 2 I think...

The quiz episode, goes something like.....

Finch: You have this fat b@stard on your team next time, then we'll see who wins...

Brent: Just banter

Finch: No its not

Brent: Not banter now...

Finch: Ok then, how did you think became the Cuban leader in 1959?

Brent: Fidel Castro

Finch: You know it now, what did you say at the time??

PAUSE.....

Brent: Fray Bentos

Comedy genius, the Office is genuinely as good as any other comedy I think, pure gold! :D

"Gareth get the guitar"

Spaceman

Spaceman came down to answer some things,

The world gathered round from paupers to kings,

I’ll answer your questions, I’ll answer them true,

I’ll show the way you know what to do,

Who is wrong and who is right?

Yellow, brown or black or white?

The spaceman he answered “You’ll no longer mind...

I’ve opened your eyes, you’re now colour blindâ€Â.

Quality episode :P

The quiz episode, goes something like.....

Finch: You have this fat b@stard on your team next time, then we'll see who wins...

Brent: Just banter

Finch: No its not

Brent: Not banter now...

Finch: Ok then, how did you think became the Cuban leader in 1959?

Brent: Fidel Castro

Finch: You know it now, what did you say at the time??

PAUSE.....

Brent: Fray Bentos

Comedy genius, the Office is genuinely as good as any other comedy I think, pure gold! :D

Yeah quality. The acting is top notch and most of us have met a David Brent or a Finchy.

Another gem from that quiz show is when they started going on about throwing something over the pub and Gareth asks "What have you ever done" "At least Finchy has thrown a kettle over a pub roof"!! Crazy stuff :D

Finch: Give me half hour with her I'd be up to me nuts in guts.

DBLWell, that's not for us to say. But I can type in, say, 'sex... fetish'. It takes a little while. There. two thousand, two hundred and thirty matches. Just click on one, at random. Aaaagh, there. 'Dutch girls must be punished for having big boobs'. Now, you don't punish anyone, Dutch or otherwise, for having big boobs.

It wasn't The Office but I just love the way he talks about God and the Bible. Can't remember precisely but along thse lines...

"And in the Beginning God created the Heaven and the Earth....

Just think about that. God's messing around with the Heavens and he's at a loose end. He's got nothing to do so he has this idea.....

How long have I got. Yes, should manage it...

And off he goes - and builds the Heavens. All of em. I mean, we've only seen little bits of em so it's a bit hard to imagine what he got into one day's work. Put BA staff to shame I can tell you.

Not just the solar system, our solar system. Oh no. Mercury, Mars, Saturn, Uranus, Pluto and all them, that was just in the bit of daylight before breakfast. There was all the other solar systems and the distant stars and galaxies.

And do you know what. There was still a bit of daylight left at the end of the day to ad the finishing touch called earth, with all its plants and its animals and its mountain ranges and its seas and the Walkers and little Bernie wiv his hat...."

Was there ever anything funnier on the subject of in-house training than Gareth's analysis of the fox/chicken/corn diemma?

Gareth: Get his wife to help.

Tim: He doesn't have a wife

Gareth: All farmers have wives.

Tim: Not this one, he's gay.

Gareth: Well he shouldn't be allowed near animals then!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Brilliant.

Gareth: Get his wife to help.

Tim: He doesn't have a wife

Gareth: All farmers have wives.

Tim: Not this one, he's gay.

Gareth: Well he shouldn't be allowed near animals then!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Brilliant.

These lines would be unpopular in New Zealand or Australia

(depending on who you speak to) :ph34r::whistle::P

Gareth - 'I was just wondering if there would ever be a boy born who could swim faster than a shark'

or

Gareth - 'I just wanna know how come he knows so much about Dwarves?'

or

Brent - 'and I'd do you from behind cos your breath smells like onions and I didnt tell you that either....'

or

Brent - 'Oh you should have heard me in there I was like ''Your swindon lot are little slugs, little slugs with no personality and your just jealous cos we're better at everything than you'' '

Archived