Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Bloc Party

Listen to the new album here

Love Bloc Party's first album Silent Alarm, just got round to getting the remixed album, and its amazing, I've not listen to the new album yet but I just have a feeling its not going to be as good as Silent Alarm.

They did a live gig for Zane Lowe on Radio 1 last night to play new and old stuff and the new stuff just didn't seem as good, but it might take time to grow.

I've only heard the new album once and I was so disappointed I haven't listened to it again since. I really loved the first one too, and a few of the remixes, specifically M83's mix of Pioneers.

really?! :o

I like it when a band moves on...there's nothing worse than a group that simply churns out the same tune and ends up parodying itself like Oasis. I'm halfway through listening now and it retains some of the essential ingredients that made the last album so unique but it has a more mature sound. It's crafted.

I bought the album today, Not bad, quite like it actually, no where near as good as Silent Alarm, but when I first bought Silent Alarm I thought "WTF is this" and it really, really grew on me, I quite like A Weekend In The City I was expecting too much from it.

Waiting for the 7.18 is the only song that really stood out to me off the new album. Like their last album though it's a good listen, the best of a bad bunch of indie bands that have broken through the last couple of years ;)

I love it, they were amazing live only Muse have beaten them in terms of live performances that i've been to. The album doesn't have any 'standing out' songs other than The Prayer, but I don't dislike any of the songs. Nothing amazing but a really good album in its whole.

Archived