Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dandannieldanok

Stephen Hughes

Hughes has been our best midfielder this season and has got goal potential. Analysis like this is destructive. No one player makes a team and Hughes in my opinion has nothing to prove.

absolutely. he is now our best footballer.

him and williams barely got things going. they looked good together at the end of last season.

shame

CL left us more than Hughes as "his man" as we still have some Hearts players here and I wouldnt trade Kisnorbo for any defender in this division! What a judge you were Craig lol

The Rangers fans rate Hughes when he first burst on the scent but maybe injuries have harmed his career. Touch wood he stays injury free and does the business from the middle of the park.

Err Curtis Davies?

Stephen Hughes has given this Club far more than Gareth Williams ever did and for a lot less money.

He is easily our best midfielder but with the pish (injury damaged Wesolowski aside) that is left around him now he'll become the new scapegoat as he is still a Levein man.

I don't think he's anyone's scapegoat as such. His performances recently have been totally different to his performances earlier in the season - a lot more committed - and people have given him credit for that.

It was the same with Kisnorbo. When he was playing badly in midfield, people criticised him and when he did well at centre-back they praised him.

Overall I'd agree Hughes has given more than Williams. He's mostly been around and available for selection and has usually given an acceptable performance.

Niggling injury perhaps affected his form a bit last season but he now has the chance of a more pivotal role and I hope he relishes it.

He has his limitations - don't all Championship players? But, while he'll never be destructive tackler, he's making an effort in that department. His engine is his great asset and he's not especially wasteful with his passing. I just wish it was more incisive and he'd get into the box more.

Williams was a disappointment. Flashes of ability were no compensation for failing to make any great impression during his time at Leicester - as amply demonstrated by our results over that time.

Williams' reason for being was to make things happen and they didn't.

Whatever he does elsewhere - and I think his shortcomings will show wherever he goes - he won't be missed here. Not by me, anyway.

Err Curtis Davies?

Ive always thought he was over-rated but has obviously got ability if he is rated at £10m!! It seems that because a player is tall and pacey and a ball-playing defender that everyone gets a little too excited. BTW Davies isnt a threat at set-pieces and has scored only 4 goals in his career whilst Kisnorbo is lethal :rolleyes:

Ive always thought he was over-rated but has obviously got ability if he is rated at £10m!! It seems that because a player is tall and pacey and a ball-playing defender that everyone gets a little too excited. BTW Davies isnt a threat at set-pieces and has scored only 4 goals in his career whilst Kisnorbo is lethal :rolleyes:

Please tell me your not trying to compare Curtis Davies to Patrick Kisnorbo.

Yeah! Why aren't more big clubs chasing short, slow defenders who only know how to hoof it down the flanks??

:blink:

Kisnorbo is a bit overrated but hey, we're common people, he's got a bit of ability. It's hardly Disco 2000.

When I spy-ed him for the first time I thought he was going to be a world beater, Something changed. Maybe he started wearing a pencil skirt?

I do these things just so I survive. And you know I will survive.

It may look to the untrained eye

I'm sitting on my arse all day

And I'm biding my time until I take you all on my Lords and Ladies

I will prevail, I cannot fail.

:cool:

He could be talking about Hughsie

Archived