Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foss1884

Be part of the vocal Blue and White Army!

i understand what your saying but the club have taken a short-sighted view, changing things once they have gained momentum will only create hostility between fans. You can't just put 800 people somewhere else for a cup game, likewise you can't just say use L1 as on overspill, are you just going to throw out existing ST holders?

It's a typical LCFC approach to things, no one seems to have the ability to think things through and consider the consequences that's why there have been so many cock ups.

I'm not anti this I'm just trying to see what could happen if/when you are successful, In my background I've done event planning and know what can happen if things are done at half-cock.

I am not dismissing your concerns, i am merely stating that we want this idea to work. For the record, this has nothing to do with the club. If any blame should be levelled in the future, it is at a bunch of Leicester fans including myself that proposed it to the club because we wanted to enhance the matchday atmosphere during games. We are being pragmatic and practical in our suggestion. There were 15 people in attendance at the meeting at the decision about Block N was unanimous. That made me speechless!

In an ideal world, i would love to say lets switch The Kop with The Family Stand, but that is not feasible. This is an idea that works with the existing framework and infrastructure of the ground. L1 can act as an overspill as it has only 60% occupancy by season ticket holders, which leaves the door open for supporters to buy match-tickets as is the case already.

The club may even extend Block N. That was even mooted, but i just want to get the block packed out for Coventry first and then we can consider options-which there are plenty as we discussed them at great length with the club!! The possibilities are there if we can make this work, and i am convinced by the response that i have received that it will be successful.

But Dave its not as if N block is chocka is it?

I looked at it on satdi and there was hardly anyone in there 30 people max if they don't want to sing put them somewher quiet like hmmmmmmmm the kop :P

I don't understand what point you are making!

I don't understand what point you are making!

The area of block N is not heavily populated so less amount of people would be affected / likley to complain if they did not want to move if the designated area for the "ultras" was heavily populated ie the kop

The area of block N is not heavily populated so less amount of people would be affected / likley to complain if they did not want to move if the designated area for the "ultras" was heavily populated ie the kop

In fact, season ticket holders in Block N according to the club are very receptive to the idea!

I will go on there and advertise my myspace on ultras which has now got 128 mambers in 2.5 days which i think is a great achievement!

and a link here would be nice (on your sig maybe), so you can see my sexy self

:P

I am not dismissing your concerns, i am merely stating that we want this idea to work. For the record, this has nothing to do with the club. If any blame should be levelled in the future, it is at a bunch of Leicester fans including myself that proposed it to the club because we wanted to enhance the matchday atmosphere during games. We are being pragmatic and practical in our suggestion. There were 15 people in attendance at the meeting at the decision about Block N was unanimous. That made me speechless!

In an ideal world, i would love to say lets switch The Kop with The Family Stand, but that is not feasible. This is an idea that works with the existing framework and infrastructure of the ground. L1 can act as an overspill as it has only 60% occupancy by season ticket holders, which leaves the door open for supporters to buy match-tickets as is the case already.

The club may even extend Block N. That was even mooted, but i just want to get the block packed out for Coventry first and then we can consider options-which there are plenty as we discussed them at great length with the club!! The possibilities are there if we can make this work, and i am convinced by the response that i have received that it will be successful.

I still think you're missing the point and I do lay the blame at the club, if they were really serious they would look longer term that is their function they are supposed to be running the club. But I don't want to labour the point and be accused of being negative as I'm far from that. Ironically I see the more successful you are the more likely it is to come a cropper, not an insurmountable one but a pain in the arse one.

Best of luck with it.

In fact, season ticket holders in Block N according to the club are very receptive to the idea!

Good, I think the club said they were more annoyed about having to move against Derby.

Good! I was not suggesting they were not, we need as much support as poss! :thumbup:

There are only a handful mind!

Good, I think the club said they were more annoyed about having to move against Derby.

I know. Hopefully, by that game the Ultras movement will be more embedded and the club can consider a section for us for that one-off game as was made clear at the meeting. I am really excited about Coventry!!! Bring them on!

How many people have joined now and are we allowed to stand?

I don't think allowed comes into it! Are L1 allowed to stand? NO! do they YES!

The club will never say knock yourself out stand as much as you want will they! Moderation is the thing standing is safe at our ground IMO as you have so much space

Edit 137 on my ultra myspace! You on Thurcs?

it sounds like the lads that organized it deserve some credit and the club for being very supportive and now its all up to us to get in n1 and show some vocal support and to finally do something instead of moaning on the internet.:thumbup:

Nearer the time we should start the who's goin thread!

P.S have you eva been on foxfanzine? i'm arguing with some covscum as they have invaded my topic on Ultras if you want a link there is one above!

closed.

as this one seems to've run its course. the new one nearer the time is a good plan. :)

Archived