Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foss1884

Be part of the vocal Blue and White Army!

For all of those that knock our great club and do not say they listen, finally have to eat a very big slice of humble pie.

I was present at the meeting with Jamie and Andy last night who pioneered the idea of a singing section in Block N. Collectively, for 3 weeks we have been in constant dialogue with the club and its representatives. We now have their total and unequivocal support with the proposal and the club could not have been more accommodating and supporting. They equally want to ehance the atmosphere at home games and are equally frustrated at the lacklustre home atmospheres.

Block N will be consecrated the new singing section and the Club will be publicising via their website and matchday programme the idea to pledge their support and for it to gain visibility. Hopefully, the idea may even make the Mercury and Leicester Sound, but that is down to their media department and not the club. We are urging those in The Kop to support the idea and come on board. They are hoping for the idea to be in place for home game against Coventry and this will be made clear in due course.

All supporters have to do is buy tickets for this section if they want to be LOUD and PROUD or transfer their season tickets for the game. The club urge that supporters do this before a matchday to avoid lengthy queues. Please respect this! Remember the club are trialling the idea so that it can be in place for next season so those that want to be part of this have to be pro-active and actually SING! They will be trialling the idea at designated games hopefully as of Coventry. They want new songs to be lauched with the aid now of an "official" club drum and for us to recreate the frenzy of spinning scarfs that are seen at St. James Park when the team scores. The new drum will hopefully be heard in The Kop and played by a member of the group.

To be honest, we never thought the club would embrace the idea so wholeheartedly and be so sympathetic to supporter needs. They are caught between a rock and a hard place most times, so i for one, will be rejoicing the names of the main men at our great club. Because they do listen, but you have to stand up to be counted to make yourself heard! BLUE ARMY!

They equally want to ehance the atmosphere at home games and are equally frustrated at the lacklustre home atmospheres.

Can I then suggest that the club and it's players stop spouting bullshit about how great the home support is on the website.

Don't go congratulating yourselves just yet - you've made some progress but the hard work is in front of you.

It was all sounding good until you mentioned the drum. oh dear.

It is to save breaking the stadium. A drum can stir support. It will be used for the first time tomorrow in The Kop and the club want to do their bit. It is an idea! I am not going to knock it util we try it! It creates noise and for what it is worth, it will be better than what we currently have and that is rather battered looking perspex sheets at the back of the stands!

When will clubs realise that is them who have killed the atmosphere at Leicester and elsewhere. Drowning out singing with 1000db music before kick off, when goals are scored etc. They won't be satisfied until everyone is sitting quietly eating club-branded burgers reading club-branded "matchday magazine" and not saying a word to anyone.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who can remember the "hardcore" support of every club being in the ground 45 mins before kick off building up with songs and chants.

Message to the club - turn the bloody music down!!!

It is to save breaking the stadium. A drum can stir support. It will be used for the first time tomorrow in The Kop and the club want to do their bit. It is an idea! I am not going to knock it util we try it! It creates noise and for what it is worth, it will be better than what we currently have and that is rather battered looking perspex sheets at the back of the stands!

Save breaking the stadium. Best one yet!!

Like said above the club need to lose the music before kick off. thats what kills the atmosphere.Leave your drum at home pal.

Please get rid of the music when a goal is scored.

I'm not sure if this idea will actually work.

If you look at what is achieved at grounds such Pride Park and St. Mary's Stadium they have singing sections that surround the away support and drown out any noise emanating from their direction. It does work and it requires the vocal ones in our support to be part of the idea. The club feel it is a fantastic opportunity and want it to succeed as they perceive there is a link between atmopsheres and results. If we create a wall of noise it will spur the players on to win games. That is what we currently lack.

If you look at what is achieved at grounds such Pride Park and St. Mary's Stadium they have singing sections that surround the away support and drown out any noise emanating from their direction. It does work and it requires the vocal ones in our support to be part of the idea. The club feel it is a fantastic opportunity and want it to succeed as they perceive there is a link between atmopsheres and results. If we create a wall of noise it will spur the players on to win games. That is what we currently lack.

Us Leicester fans are simple folk, these sort things always fail or they just get ridiculed instead.

Well done Lads, N1 is in the family stand right next to the Away supporters right ?. I can't really see this hitting it off this season as season tickets holders and such have there own seats but if the one's who don't have ST's and or a block pref can sit in N1 and get an atmosphere together and lead by example for the remaining home games, then maybe it will change others views on where they sit next season.

Good luck with this.

seriously mate have you never heard of paragraphs reading that is more dificult then needs be
Is that better?

(Sorry, but I couldn't read it properly either).

Right so we want a load of noisy and probably beered up lads stuck in the family end?

How long until there are complaints about the languange/smoking etc?

Also I didnt think there was any alchol served in there?

Why didnt the club do as was suggested last year and swap the family end over with the Kop? (I personally dont know why they put the kop at the opposite end to the away fans anyway, thats what has killed the atmosphere(nothing to do with the dross on the pitch!))

We moved from the Kop to L1 to try to get some atmosphere.

Cheers

Well done Lads, N1 is in the family stand right next to the Away supporters right ?. I can't really see this hitting it off this season as season tickets holders and such have there own seats but if the one's who don't can sit in N1 and get an atmosphere together and lead by example maybe it will change others views on where they sit next season.

Good luck with this.

I don't why they just did'nt move the Kop and family stand over either although would'nt it just be easy to move the away supporters to, F2, G1, G2 ?, Last time i went to Tranmere it was in the similiar vien and the atmosphere was excellent.

Well done and ignore the cynics. Also think the drum is a good idea - anyone that was at Fulham (with its wooden stadium) the other week will know how much that kind of noise can add to the atmosphere. :thumbup:

Errr.. so what is your point?

That had nothing to do with any 'organisations' or 'club permissions' etc.

That was just Leicester fans singing?

Nice one, can we stand up ala fulham. Vote for David camroon (conservitive) in the general election because one of his proposals is to have a standing section in ALL football grounds. France and some grounds in germany have just started to allow this. So the future looks BLUE

Errr.. so what is your point?

That had nothing to do with any 'organisations' or 'club permissions' etc.

That was just Leicester fans singing?

I was simply pointing out that the acoustic effect created from a wooden stadium or drum being banged helps to improve the atmosphere.

Archived