Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

Where do we need to be strengthened?

Lack of depth  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Where do we need to be strengthened?

• In goal
    • Defence
    • Midfield
    • Attack
    • Everywhere, we're awful
    • Nowhere, we're fine

Several, most likely Hume, Porter, Kisnorbo, Horsfield.

So even if thats wright, we have four players in our entire squad that you'd consider good enough to get in a play off chasing side, not really good enough considering we need XI is it?

I can't believe you think any promotion chasing team woud want Geoff Horsfield :unsure:

Right so Horsfield and Hume are better tan Rasiak, Davin Connolly, Stephan Elliott and Anthony Stokes.

And Porter is better than Hysen :rolleyes:

Near any member of both starting XI's, as well as West Brom, Cardiff, Birmingham Preston, woud walk straight into our side. I'd swap teams with Sheff Wed, or Norwhich as well TBH.

Weso and King.

And any reason there are not more alternatives than that are Kelly's fault for not bringing someone in when he had the opportunity.

And they'd get in a play off chasing team would they? Also remember you've probabley never seen King play, and if you have it was a under 18 level.

So even if thats wright, we have four players in our entire squad that you'd consider good enough to get in a play off chasing side, not really good enough considering we need XI is it?

I can't believe you think any promotion chasing team woud want Geoff Horsfield :unsure:

Right so Horsfield and Hume are better tan Rasiak, Davin Connolly, Stephan Elliott and Anthony Stokes.

And Porter is better than Hysen :rolleyes:

Near any member of both starting XI's, as well as West Brom, Cardiff, Birmingham Preston, woud walk straight into our side. I'd swap teams with Sheff Wed, or Norwhich as well TBH.

I think more than four of our players could make it in a play-off chasing side, the ones I've named are the most obvious ones.

Plus, our players would perform better if they were managed by managers of said play-off chasing sides. Heck they might even be played in positions that would get the best out of them.

Has a horse kicked you in the head. None of them would get into Prestons team, Stearman and Logan can't even get into ours. And just because Kisnorbo has been good for us, Preston have been water-tight at the back all season.

lol lol Yeah, a horse called Geoff :unsure::whistle:

And they'd get in a play off chasing team would they? Also remember you've probabley never seen King play, and if you have it was a under 18 level.

King can't be any worse then the current crap we have playing there. I couldn't give a shit if he's only played under 18 football. Sometimes you need to take risks, and I think its a decent calculated one. If Kelly insists on not playing King then I'd play Stearman there before Hughes at the moment- he at least resembles something of an attacking presence, even if he clearly isn't a midfielder. On the subject of Stearman he could get in a promo chasing team- Sunderland bid for him, clearly thinking he was good enough.

Weso's problem at the moment is lack of fitness (down to Kelly) and lack of decent tactics being supplied to him (also down to Kelly). He's short on confidence, and he doesn't know his place in the team (in the starting 11 one week, then out of the 16 altogether). A fit, confident Weso would certainly get in a play-off team no doubt.

Both Weso and Stearman's performances this season can clearly be laid at the manager; they didn't become mediocre players overnight. At their age they need the support and coaching to become better players- not be left to get on with it with how they see fit. That's why we need to get rid of Kelly now, before they go even further backwards...

manwel you re wrong of course. they re the best in their league plus these are the best performers in a winning team. the risk if any, is worth it and not without any rational basis.

King can't be any worse then the current crap we have playing there. I couldn't give a shit if he's only played under 18 football. Sometimes you need to take risks, and I think its a decent calculated one. If Kelly insists on not playing King then I'd play Stearman there before Hughes at the moment- he at least resembles something of an attacking presence, even if he clearly isn't a midfielder. On the subject of Stearman he could get in a promo chasing team- Sunderland bid for him, clearly thinking he was good enough.

Weso's problem at the moment is lack of fitness (down to Kelly) and lack of decent tactics being supplied to him (also down to Kelly). He's short on confidence, and he doesn't know his place in the team (in the starting 11 one week, then out of the 16 altogether). A fit, confident Weso would certainly get in a play-off team no doubt.

Both Weso and Stearman's performances this season can clearly be laid at the manager; they didn't become mediocre players overnight. At their age they need the support and coaching to become better players- not be left to get on with it with how they see fit. That's why we need to get rid of Kelly now, before they go even further backwards...

The same Stearman who can't get into our side. Start of the season people were intrested granted but since he's been inconsistent.

And of course King can be worse than what we have. He's isn't good enough to play in a side chasing the play offs (yet). Wesolowski again can't get in our side on a regular basis his lack of fitness probabley has as much to do with two broken legs in a year as it does RK. He needs time but he too is not good enoug yet!

I really can't believe after all the fuss over this take over and blatent problems we have all over the pitch, I'm having to argue with people on weather or not we need to bring in some players in order to challenge for a play off place.

kisnorbo, mcauley, andy johnson, porter, horsefield, logan, stearman

Andy Johnson lol - They have McKenna their anyway.

Horsfield - Would you really pick him over Nugent and Ormerod.

We need to stengthen the midfield without a doubt I think everybody knows that. Johnson and Hughes are just not good enough together simply.

Andy Johnson is not good enough to get into any half-decent midfield. Fact.

As for Horsfield over Nugent?? Are you taking the piss?? It's a no-brainer. Nugent would walk into any side of mine ahead of Horsfield any day of the year.

Taxi for joeb methinks.

Andy Johnson is not good enough to get into any half-decent midfield. Fact.

As for Horsfield over Nugent?? Are you taking the piss?? It's a no-brainer. Nugent would walk into any side of mine ahead of Horsfield any day of the year.

Taxi for joeb methinks.

As per usual :whistle::P

The same Stearman who can't get into our side. Start of the season people were intrested granted but since he's been inconsistent.

And of course King can be worse than what we have. He's isn't good enough to play in a side chasing the play offs (yet). Wesolowski again can't get in our side on a regular basis his lack of fitness probabley has as much to do with two broken legs in a year as it does RK. He needs time but he too is not good enoug yet!

I really can't believe after all the fuss over this take over and blatent problems we have all over the pitch, I'm having to argue with people on weather or not we need to bring in some players in order to challenge for a play off place.

Your having that problem because you do not read people posts properly. This was the same person who said we were not a weaker team without Williams and wasn't all that bothered that we hadn't brought in an extra CM in the midfield. If you'd read any of my previous posts you'd have seen that I wanted an extra CM brought in but Kelly decided not to!

A properly managed and fit Weso and Stearman would get into a play-off chasing side. As for King the argument is moot- no-one will know until we try him. Of course he could be utter tosh, but like I said. Whats the harm in trying? We play with no central midfield most weeks anyway.

In spirit, in self-belief and in our vision.

We need to stop compromising the principles of "young and hungry" and we need some inspiring leadership to do so.

Like an alcoholic or a chain-smoker we need to admit our problems, attend to the uncomfortable solutions and move forward on a wave of genuine inspiration.

This is no "team" that wears the shirt today. It has no pattern, no flow, no unity, no beauty.

It has no burning and unbending self-belief. It is full of self-doubt.

It needs speed and strength and energy and drive. Everywhere.

It needs to move and support with the fluid efficiency of an SAS team - each man knowing his role, each looking out for his team-mates and, above all, each man relentlessly and ruthlessly committed to the kill.

Sixteen games, sixteen kills. Forty-eight points. As Mick Dundee might say: "Now that's what I call a target." :D

Your having that problem because you do not read people posts properly. This was the same person who said we were not a weaker team without Williams and wasn't all that bothered that we hadn't brought in an extra CM in the midfield. If you'd read any of my previous posts you'd have seen that I wanted an extra CM brought in but Kelly decided not to!

A properly managed and fit Weso and Stearman would get into a play-off chasing side. As for King the argument is moot- no-one will know until we try him. Of course he could be utter tosh, but like I said. Whats the harm in trying? We play with no central midfield most weeks anyway.

I do read peoples posts properly this disucssion came about because someone said we have the players to challenger for a play off place we just don't have the manager, and you've decided to join in half way through. The last sentance wasn't aimed at you but the discussion in general.

I'm not that bothred about Williams going your quite correct, he had talent but was lazy and more than likely was on his bike at the end of the season anyway.

Managing a lad who has broken his leg twice in a year and is struggling to perform week in week out (a common problem with young players and it goes for Stearman as well) is a lot easier said than done. They way the play is as much down to them as it is Rob Kelly, neither have shown they have what it takes to play in a teamt thats top half never mind play off chasing. I personally think Maybury and Tiatto are just as good any way.

Before I say everywhere, I have decided to stick on just Midfield as I would really like to see Hume and Fryatt at full flow and being supplied the ammo by a pacy, creative midfield. Thats not the odd half decent player like Levi or Hughes but a real good midfield that can not only supply the passes but can link up with the forwards and get forward themselves. Its embarrasing that only 8 league goals have come from 7 players in the league all season.

The slight stumbling block is that quality midfielders are short at the best clubs never mind down here in the Championship.

Archived