Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Injury Update

The Leicester City treatment room was a hive of activity on Monday morning following Saturday's 1-1 draw with Luton Town. Stephen Hughes (groin/back) and Gareth McAuley (calf) were all nursing knocks following their exertions at the weekend, while Paddy McCarthy (shoulder), Danny Tiatto (hamstring) and Matty Fryatt (foot) were unavailable for selection.

But assistant manager Mike Stowell believes that the picture should become a little clearer ahead of this weekend's trip to Portman Road to face Ipswich.

He said: "We have got a few bumps and bruises in the camp following the Luton game.

"Gareth McAuley has got a very tight calf which has stopped him from going to join up with his Northern Ireland team-mates. That's disappointing for the lad.

"Stephen Hughes has been carrying a slight groin and back problem and it forced him to come off on Saturday. We will have to wait and see how that progresses over the week, but we are hopeful that he will be ok for the weekend.

"Geoff Horsfield has got a few aches and pains following his first game since December and Matty Fryatt is still struggling with his foot and toe. So we are nursing a few at the moment.

"Paddy McCarthy looks set to be out for at least a couple of weeks after he dislocated his shoulder on Thursday, while Danny could also be out for a similar period.

"But that's football and we will get on with it."

Meanwhile, Patrick Kisnorbo has joined up with the Australia squad ahead of their international friendly against Denmark at Loftus Road on Tuesday evening.

The Leicester City treatment room was a hive of activity on Monday morning following Saturday's 1-1 draw with Luton Town. Stephen Hughes (groin/back) and Gareth McAuley (calf) were all nursing knocks following their exertions at the weekend, while Paddy McCarthy (shoulder), Danny Tiatto (hamstring) and Matty Fryatt (foot) were unavailable for selection.

But assistant manager Mike Stowell believes that the picture should become a little clearer ahead of this weekend's trip to Portman Road to face Ipswich.

He said: "We have got a few bumps and bruises in the camp following the Luton game.

"Gareth McAuley has got a very tight calf which has stopped him from going to join up with his Northern Ireland team-mates. That's disappointing for the lad.

"Stephen Hughes has been carrying a slight groin and back problem and it forced him to come off on Saturday. We will have to wait and see how that progresses over the week, but we are hopeful that he will be ok for the weekend.

"Geoff Horsfield has got a few aches and pains following his first game since December and Matty Fryatt is still struggling with his foot and toe. So we are nursing a few at the moment.

"Paddy McCarthy looks set to be out for at least a couple of weeks after he dislocated his shoulder on Thursday, while Danny could also be out for a similar period.

"But that's football and we will get on with it."

Meanwhile, Patrick Kisnorbo has joined up with the Australia squad ahead of their international friendly against Denmark at Loftus Road on Tuesday evening.

One bit of good news at least :ph34r:

Surely if he is persistantly injured of which he has seemed to be ever since Levein bought him, he might want to consider a different career path :dunno:

More injuries to the first team the better in my opinion.

Forces Kelly into playing some of the youth team who may (or maybe not :ph34r: ) actually give a fk about the team

Whatever happens I doubt they'd perform any worse than the current set of gashrabbits.

More injuries to the first team the better in my opinion.

Forces Kelly into playing some of the youth team who may (or maybe not :ph34r: ) actually give a fk about the team

Whatever happens I doubt they'd perform any worse than the current set of gashrabbits.

That's pretty much what I was going for, but the use of the word "gashrabbits" has made it ten times more effective than mine.

AGreed, like we're the only club that has injuries, get over it, and get on with your job!!

Indeed as there is so little to cheer about at the moment, you could try guessing the moment in the week when there's some dull article on the OS in which Kelly or Stowell will say:

"we're down to bare bones again, but I know that whatever 11 step over that white line at five to three on Saturday will do a job for Leicester, and will be competitive"

Might not be a good job, but at least they'll do a job

Indeed as there is so little to cheer about at the moment, you could try guessing the moment in the week when there's some dull article on the OS in which Kelly or Stowell will say:

"we're down to bare bones again, but I know that whatever 11 step over that white line at five to three on Saturday will do a job for Leicester, and will be competitive"

I'll just point out our best run of form came when half the players were injured. I think Weso deserves a proper run at this stage. I'm somehow feeling Kelly wants to protect him. Otherwise it is pure madness he can be very good for us

Wouldn't be so sure about that.

I don't think some of our squad is capable of doing any fúcking job. Let alone a football related one.

I can't wait for us to cut some of these gobshites loose. :thumbsup:

I'll just point out our best run of form came when half the players were injured. I think Weso deserves a proper run at this stage. I'm somehow feeling Kelly wants to protect him. Otherwise it is pure madness he can be very good for us

Perhaps he's protecting Weso... but if protecting Weso means playing Johnson, I'm not interested. :ph34r:

Archived